PDA

View Full Version : You Guys remember the movie "The Wraith"

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-25-2007, 07:15 AM
w/ Charlie Sheen...HBO played it every ten minutes in the 80's. Watched it on demand last night w/ GF, 1st time she saw it, about the 100th for me ;) . She was getting pissed because everytime Sherilyn Fenn :bow: came on I was drooling . I was thinking last night its a really cheesy movie (didnt realize that when I was 10 watching it :lol: ), I cant decide if i like it because of her or it being a car movie...damn she's 80's hot!!!!!!! She'd even pass for hot today w/ how she looked in that movie.

deadtrend1
10-25-2007, 07:35 AM
That the movie where the black car would race people, then speed foward and sit in the middle of the road, letting the other dudes hit it, thus killing them. Then the car would respawn????

Fast92RS
10-25-2007, 07:54 AM
same here. I watched it on demand the other night too.

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-25-2007, 07:54 AM
That the movie where the black car would race people, then speed foward and sit in the middle of the road, letting the other dudes hit it, thus killing them. Then the car would respawn????

That was the movie, This was the car...yes somebody actually owns in lol
http://www.thewraithcar.com/

WildBillyT
10-25-2007, 08:03 AM
You were listening to Kidd Chris on Tuesday, weren't you? They couldn't spell the word "Wraith" to save their lives.

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
You were listening to Kidd Chris on Tuesday, weren't you? They couldn't spell the word "Wraith" to save their lives.

Bits and pieces but no I didnt hear anything about the wraith, his ego has been outta control lately, Im completely discusted w/ wysp. Ill probably listen to him if he moves to morning seeing I cant pick up 92.3 where im at.

79T/A
10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
LOVE that movie! I need to add it to my DVD collection. And I need the REAL version of the film where Sherilynn actually shows the goods, too...not the chopped up version HBO edited for daytime viewing. (Sorry ladies...I'm a guy. It's a good scene because I like seeing boobs.)

I especially enjoyed the idiot with the 'Cuda that kept on inhaling every solvent he could get his hands on! Good stuff. Probably why you don't see it often these days. No one wants to show kids what 'huffing' is.

Untamed
10-25-2007, 01:18 PM
The wheels on it look like the diamond spoke wheels from a 3rd gen TA.

I remember this movie. Yeah she was hot, but I loved the sound they had for the car. Hated that high pitched whine they had for his Enduro though, made it sound like a wind up toy.

Cars, explosions, racing, hot chick... definately an 80's movie.

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-25-2007, 01:35 PM
LOVE that movie! I need to add it to my DVD collection. And I need the REAL version of the film where Sherilynn actually shows the goods, too...not the chopped up version HBO edited for daytime viewing. (Sorry ladies...I'm a guy. It's a good scene because I like seeing boobs.)

yea I believe last night was the 1st time I saw "the goods" and yes they were nice :lol:

I noticed the high pitched sound of the bike also, I think they did that so you would know it was the same guy driving the "turbo" . Yea i thought the car was 3rd gen. firebird w/ a kit (because of the wheels and the back) until i saw the dodge symbol on the front. My dorky GF did some reason and found the link I put up above about it being a dodge prototype.

unstable bob gable
10-25-2007, 04:01 PM
That movie ROOOLZ!!! Gutterboy and Skank are the best! When I was in the USAF back in the 80s I was stationed around where that flick was filmed.

Stroked355Z28
10-25-2007, 05:30 PM
This is so funny, I can't believe this thread is on here. No joke, monday night, I was looking through the movies that were available on demand, and I saw the last one of "THE WRAITH", I clicked it to read the info and saw that it was a movie with Charlie Sheen about a kid that comes back from the dead, so I figured I'd watch it, I'm 19 and thought that movie was awesome for its time period. That girl was so hott, her boyfriend or whatever he thought he was to her was such a d**k, but glad Charlie Sheen got her. Thought it was cool in the end when she realized who he really was and when he gave his brother the car in the end. Also, gotta love Randy Quaid in that movie. Great
'80s car movie with Charlie Sheen, hot girl, and racing. Now here is a famous question for everyone, What was your favorite car in the movie??? Mine would be the main TURBO, and the 2nd would have to be the car with the blower, forgot what it was. Later, Jeff.

Blacdout96
10-25-2007, 05:36 PM
That movie rocked , especially for an 80's movie, but what does wraith mean, I always thought it would be the wrath, or mike tyson trying to say the race lol. But that car is pretty mean, and I remember back in the day when it played on tnt, the guy hosting the show said the car cost around 1.5 million dollars!!!!! I want one tho

Fast92RS
10-25-2007, 06:24 PM
The word "wraith" is first attested in 1513, with the meaning of "ghost or spectre" (that is, an apparition of a living or once-living being, possibly as a portent of death). In 18th century Scotland it was applied to aquatic spirits. Over time, it came to be used in a metaphoric sense to refer to wraith-like things, and to portents in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wraith

My favorite car in that movie was the second gen firebird..

88Z-Man
10-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Ha, I remember that movie. Classic 80's. I loved it. Sherilyn Fenn was hot back then. The car was some kind of Chrysler concept car if I remember correctly. Have not seen that movie in abour 10 years or so. Still a good flick. Its in my top 5 killer car movies, even though Sheen does the killing. That and Christine, and an old one from the 70's called The Car, great stuff.

88Z-Man
10-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Just Wiki'ed it. Info on the movie and car.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wraith

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Just Wiki'ed it. Info on the movie and car.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wraith
Yea found that site last night :nod:

12secondv6
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Bad ***!!!

Knipps
10-25-2007, 08:21 PM

I especially enjoyed the idiot with the 'Cuda that kept on inhaling every solvent he could get his hands on! Good stuff. Probably why you don't see it often these days. No one wants to show kids what 'huffing' is.

kids know what huffing is.. they're taught it before they think of it themselves
& hbo shows "the goods" anytime of day

deadtrend1
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
kids know what huffing is.. they're taught it before they think of it themselves
& hbo shows "the goods" anytime of day

:werd:

79T/A
10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
hbo shows "the goods" anytime of day

I guess it depends on which HBO channel you're watching, now that there's so many of them. Back in the day, though, they cut the scene where the bathing suit goes bye-bye. Didn't know it was any other way until I caught it on regular television and they actually show more of the scene riiiiiight up to the nudity.

I know this a little too well...I really like boobs. :|

Ditto on the second gen Firebird. Wonder why...

Blacdout96
10-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Did anyone realize how much similarities this concept car ( the M4S as its better known as) and a Jaguar XJ220? the front scallop vents jst before the winsheild, the rear ,even the vents on the sides look like a XJ220, looks like Jag's been stealing ideas....

chrisfrom nj
10-26-2007, 10:01 AM
it was a good movie

WildBillyT
10-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Did anyone realize how much similarities this concept car ( the M4S as its better known as) and a Jaguar XJ220? the front scallop vents jst before the winsheild, the rear ,even the vents on the sides look like a XJ220, looks like Jag's been stealing ideas....

Kinda CERV-III ish as well...

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Kinda V-CERIII ish as well... :nod: More that then a jag

Blacdout96
10-26-2007, 02:43 PM
you guys gotta be smoking some whoolie, it looks nothing near the CERVII. although I look at the front now, it looks like a Fiero GT 87 front end sorta

http://www.supercars.net/cars/879.html

thats the Jag.

http://www.allaguida.it/wp-galleryo/m4s-turbo/dodge.jpg

Thats the M4S.

hardline_42
10-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Wow, I actually watched this movie on demand last night (with no prior knowledge of this thread). It was my favorite back in the day and I admit I had no idea about all the boobie scenes before. I think it's funny how they were all about that Daytona like it was even close to the performance of the vette or the super-charged trans am. Also, right after the scene were Packard beats up Billy Hankins, pay attention to how he runs back to his car. It's the girliest 80's shuffle I've ever seen.

NightRydaSS
10-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Wow, I actually watched this movie on demand last night (with no prior knowledge of this thread). It was my favorite back in the day and I admit I had no idea about all the boobie scenes before. I think it's funny how they were all about that Daytona like it was even close to the performance of the vette or the super-charged trans am. Also, right after the scene were Packard beats up Billy Hankins, pay attention to how he runs back to his car. It's the girliest 80's shuffle I've ever seen.

watch that movies again. That supercharged trans am...the supercharger wasn't working. Notice the butterfly's never opened up (at all), also; during the race when he get blown up, look closely, u can see that the serpentine belt on the S/C isn't even moving! lol

i watched it for the first time last night. there were a lot of things "wrong" with that movie. It doesn't matter, it was still very good and entertaining!

jin1481
10-28-2007, 02:45 AM
i had to go and download it after all this talk, holy 80's all i have to say. Car definitely bared a little more then a slight resemblance to a XJ220. I guess it was good enough for a basic 80s movie, it made me appreciate how far film making has come.

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-28-2007, 06:53 AM
well aware of what the jag looks like used it a billion times in the GT games...I dont see it sorry.

FBODS4EVER
10-28-2007, 03:15 PM
OMG!!! i didnt think anyone remebered that one. i got it on vhs.:rofl: :rofl:

deadtrend1
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
is it me, or is the a really young michael biehn as one of the punk thugs???

MonmouthCtyAntz
10-29-2007, 05:33 PM
is it me, or is the a really young michael biehn as one of the punk thugs???
Didnt see his name on imdb but oddly enough Brooke Burke 's name came up uncredited as one of the roller skating waitress's. Yea the hot brooke burke who use to be on E! lol.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1036361/

Look @ Number 13 :fluffy:

Tru2Chevy
10-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Wow...I finally found a movie that Netflix doesn't have at the local distribution center. They are sending it to me from New Mexico.....

- Justin