PDA

View Full Version : Why dont I have my transmission yet DHL?

98tadriver
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I'll tell you why-

It all started sometime around sept 26th last month.. I scheduled a pick up at my friends house in proctorville ohio, and paid for it($70.00). So i called my friend and let him know that dhl would be on their way to get it. so he placed the 36"x24"x22" Blue rubbermaid container containing 1 T56 trans outside for them to get it. Im thinking to myself, alright things are going great, ill have my transmission installed within the first week of october.

A week goes by, I call the dhl in kentucky they said they didnt have all the info which was :bs: because i gave them the information twice just to be sure. another week goes by my friend calls me up- "jokingly asked hey are you gonna get this trans out of here or not?" "youre serious? its stilll there?" "yeah man" im like WTF!?!?!? so i call dhl in ky again, asked why i dont have my trans yet. "the driver didnt see the package" "So you couldnt call me and tell me this??" (the package was out there) now im getting pissed. "ok sir we will pick it up today and call you when we get it" thanks bud

so im thinking by oct 22nd i should have something right? WRONG. i call 1800calldhl and ask what the heck is going on with my trans? nobody calls me and says anything, im in the dark here. "we're sorry for the inconvience" "yes but sorry isnt fixing my car any faster..." so i complained about it and the complaint department was supposed to call me, they never did tho.. by this point i want to just go postal on dhl's f'd up workers...

TODAY- so i called today and some lady who could hardly speak english answers the phone and she couldnt do anything for me like she was confused or something, i dont know.. So i did a :google: search and found the kentucky dhl i talked to a few weeks ago, got their number and called up, to the dispatch lady what was going on and im pretty angry right now and gave her my info. she gave me the tracking number and said they shipped it out oct 10th and the last place that the transmission was at was the sorting station in ohio. (How the F do you miss a big blue 144lb rubbermaid container??) so i called the dhl 800 number again, told this girl, who spoke english, the story and let her know how i felt (while still maintaing my cool, since it wasnt her fault) gave her my tracking number so she knew where the trans was and she apologized alot. she mustve been a mind reader because she said i could get a full refund for all of the problems ive had dealing with dhl.

so im going to get a phone call no later than 12 noon tomorrow from the sorting station and i will get my money back as well.

I just felt that i'd get this off of my chest and maybe entertain some of you who are so bored that you'd want to read this. that powerwheels video made me feel better and gave me some ideas too

Knipps
10-30-2007, 12:29 PM
haha free shipping FTW
was it worth the wait ron?

Anti_Rice_Guy
10-30-2007, 12:31 PM
That sucks, at least its free now. And glad the powerheels vid I found made your day lol. I still have my jeep too :twisted:

98tadriver
10-30-2007, 12:38 PM
haha free shipping FTW
was it worth the wait ron?

well in a way, yes, because i havent been able to go to the track and run the crap out of it in so-so DA. in a way, no because last night when i was beating on my car with my crappy t56, the 2-3 and 5-6 shifts are feeling mushy instead of having that positive click when i rip it thru the gears. im hoping since i parked it last night if magically fixed itself :)

deadtrend1
10-30-2007, 06:02 PM
DHL is terrible. Few distributors my company deals with switched to them from one of the other 2. Nothing is ever on time anymore

Jersey_TA
10-31-2007, 12:37 AM
That sucks Ron. :( Atleast you ran good on a temporary replacement tonight lol

BonzoHansen
10-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Maybe they outsourced to UPS and it is on this truck!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/ReRod/miscellaneous/upswhoops.jpg

The Fixer
10-31-2007, 09:29 AM
Yeah, all these shippers are terrible at some point or another. I ordered new headlights for my mom's Grand Cherokee off Ebay from a Vendor in Kentucky. They shipped them out right away, but for some reason UPS figured it would be closer to send them to California first, and then on to New Jersey! We wound up getting them after two weeks. Good luck getting your trans!

98tadriver
10-31-2007, 01:00 PM
That sucks Ron. :( Atleast you ran good on a temporary replacement tonight lol

haha yeah the letting it sit overnight mod seemed to help it :) It actually felt alot better on the drive home too!

Maybe they outsourced to UPS and it is on this truck!

LMAO hey you never know