PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to JS Performance!

ar0ck
11-06-2007, 10:25 PM
For building one hell of a motor!

In the beginning of August of 2006, I began a journey into the world of ported heads & big used cams. For a year I struggled to keep the combo in a stock short block and went through 2 motors before giving up in May of 2007. Josh had just became a sponsor on the site and I have heard nothing but good things about him through the grape vine. So I decided to send him a PM, and over the course of the next 2 months we got to working out details on building a replacement motor for my 1995 Z28 Camaro. Finally on July 5th of 2007 I delivered my car to his shop in PA.

I had never met Josh personally, until the day I trailored my car all the way to Pennsylvania from Northern NJ, which some may think is pretty brave. Just my first impressions alone by meeting him in person pretty much sealed the deal and made me feel safe leaving it so far away. He is a very fun & open guy, who is isn't out to rip you off but to give you the best bang for your buck. Even when I went out to PA to visit and check up on my car, it was always a good experience and I never thought twice about the mileage. You can go there to check on your car, shoot the breeze and just hang and know your car is in good hands.

Through out the next 4 months, Josh was still very easy to get a hold of. I could leave a PM and it would be responded by the end of the day. I never had to harass him to check on the status. I could leave him be to do his work and I would get updates with pictures, or question if I wanted do this or that. I never felt that he was trying to rush the project. He did all the right research and built me a motor that was exactly as I hoped and then some! He told me everything he was planning to do and always ran it by me first before setting things in motion. This I think was crucial in my over-all experience. His customer service was just out-standing.

Now let me begin saying that Josh is one stand up guy. He stands behind all of his work and he certainly knows his stuff! When we finally got down to business he asked me what my goals for my motor were and the applications I were to use my car in. I was going for something of a Pro-Touring car, being able to carve into the corners, and still be able to hold its own in a straight line. He responded to every one of my messages online almost immediately and answered every possible question I could muster. I never had a problem with getting a hold of him, either via phone, email or PM's through the forums. He was always there and that shows me who cares about their work. Also when it comes to cost what I will say is he is not out to get you. He offers you the best deals you can possibly find! Not only that but PA tax is cheaper ;-)

Basically what I’m just trying to say is Josh is one hell of a guy to deal with. He is not out their to squeeze your wallet and you will leave his shop knowing you took it to the right person. Weather its for an all out motor or just getting some bolt-ons. I promise you will not leave disappointed.

Tru2Chevy
11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Another stellar review for Josh's shop!

- Justin

JSPERFORMANCE
11-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Thanks alot Alex it was a pleasure doing business with you!

88BluBird
11-07-2007, 09:34 AM
:barf::kneeslap: lol just kidding .. your car sounded mean as hell hopefully his next build (( cough cough )) will be just as good

WayFast84
11-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Awesome review alex!! All of this good input leaves my mind at ease while my car is 50 Miles away at JS performance!!!!!!

JerzLT1
11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
ill be back in less then a month hopefully to see josh to take care of an exhaust leak ;)

j0n
11-07-2007, 07:58 PM
DELETED

JSPERFORMANCE
11-08-2007, 07:00 AM
yeah... exhaust leak, thats the ticket!

JerzLT1
11-08-2007, 07:27 AM
yeah... exhaust leak, thats the ticket!

:lol:

hardline_42
11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I can vouch for Josh doing an awesome job and setting your mind at ease no matter what the project. So far I've had a new oil pan, pump and pickup, SFC's, strut bar, motor mounts and K-member installed by Josh and he's done an amazing job for each, throwing in a few freebies to boot. Not to mention you can call him up with a question just about anytime (like when you're on the side of the road trying to figure out why your tranny is shifting weird after you did an emergency tranny cooler bypass and drove it that way for a week). Now that I'm gearing up for a new stroker and tranny in my '93, Josh was the first guy I called. He knows his shizzle for sure.

DaSkinnyGuy
11-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Hey alex I can back you up on what you had to say. Last night I dropped off the bird to get fixed. I had only talked with him over the phone and met with him last night in person. I felt extremly safe with who I was dealing with and how right away he noticed something so minor I had never noticed. And after my hour and 40 min drive from north jersey what made my night was hearing josh say as he was looking under my hood V6 Huh, why dont you just LS1 it!

oh one ls1 SS
11-08-2007, 10:45 PM
after hearing nothing but good things i deff know where im taking my car once im ready for my toys

JSPERFORMANCE
11-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words but you dont have to lie I dont really have a clue I just guess right alot... :lol:

unstable bob gable
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words but you dont have to lie I dont really have a clue I just guess right alot... :lol:

Since yer good at guessing, wanna hit AC with me? I'm willing to split everything 50-50! :mrgreen:

JSPERFORMANCE
11-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Nah, you wouldnt want me, my luck stinks..

bcgetfresh
11-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I would deffiantly recommend Josh for any work ive already been there a few times and hes done a great job everytime. Gettin my headers y pipe done next week :). Hes the only person i will let work on my car....

JerzLT1
11-09-2007, 11:00 PM
i should be ready to get that exhaust leak fixed in 2 weeks if you have room for my car Josh. Lots of over time this week just to pay for it :)

JSPERFORMANCE
11-11-2007, 05:40 AM
Shouldn't be a problem, just give me a buzz when you want to arrange bringing it over..

Frosty
11-11-2007, 10:48 AM
There are no other good shops around so I just stuck with Josh...he's ok I guess. He's a real prick at times...he hurts my feelings....

j/k

Josh is a good guy and does top notch work. I'm glad to see him getting such great reviews, I remember when he first started. He's come a long, long way.

unstable bob gable
11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
BRICKA! BRACKA!
FIRECRACKA!
SIS! BOOM! BAH!
JS PERFORMANCE!
JS PERFORMANCE!
RAH! RAH! RAH!

Hey Josh, could you work on a Buick T-Type that is POSSESSED by the DEVIL himself? This heap makes "Christine" look like "Herbie the Love Bug!" :mrgreen:

JSPERFORMANCE
11-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Bob, I actually got this shop started working on turbo Buicks.. To make you feel better they are all possessed. Way too far ahead of their time! I still have a good number of GN/TR customers that come here.