PDA

View Full Version : B2 Platinum Plugs

keith2717
11-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Has anyone used the B2 plugs, are they good or crap.

edpontiac91
11-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Has anyone used the B2 plugs, are they good or crap.

If you mean Bosch 2, I don't know. but I have installed the Bosch Platinum 4. I figured that if you are going to go through all the trouble of installing plugs(I have a set of Edlebrock coated headers)that I would try to get the best. I really can't say if they made any difference at all. You do not have to gap them, and I figured that if they were made by Bosch, they must be fairly good.

Tru2Chevy
11-20-2007, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't bother spending a bunch of money on fancy plugs for anything but the most high-end motors. I've never had trouble with an AC Delco or Autolite plug in any car I've ever owned.

- Justin

nj96z28
11-20-2007, 11:48 PM
ive got ngk's didnt notice any measurable difference
,except the misfire is gone :nod:

NightRydaSS
11-21-2007, 07:10 AM
i believe they work best when you have blaster coils installed or someother high end ignition installed. The whole point is to have multiple "tips" for the spark on the plug, but if your ignition can't fire that fast then it is pointless. The spark will only jump to one tip at a time.

edit - i have Bosch 2x platinum b/c that is what i was told my car came with.

BonzoHansen
11-21-2007, 07:11 AM
I've always had good luck with NGKs...and bad with Bosch plugs.

Justin is right about expensive plugs, for most street cars there is no advantage.[

keith2717
11-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks, I already got them I was just wondering if it was worth putting them
in. I give it a try and see what happens.
Thanks

Tru2Chevy
11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
I never saw the point in multi-tipped plugs....there is only one spark at a time, so the way I see it, the only thing that the other electrodes are doing is shrouding the spark and hindering the flame propagation in the cylinder.

- Justin

GP99GT
11-21-2007, 06:56 PM
multi-tip plugs are a gimmick and a waste of money

edpontiac91
11-21-2007, 08:06 PM
i believe they work best when you have blaster coils installed or someother high end ignition installed. The whole point is to have multiple "tips" for the spark on the plug, but if your ignition can't fire that fast then it is pointless. The spark will only jump to one tip at a time.

edit - i have Bosch 2x platinum b/c that is what i was told my car came with.

I do have an MSD box and their Blaster coil. Again I would say, that I really didn't notice any difference, unless you had the car on a DYNO and could check the results before and after. But on the street, it's hard to tell. Let's put it this way, you are not going to be putting these in every week, and the cost is not something that is going to break you. Even with the MSD products, you only put them in once, and if you believe their advertising, they might help. I did notice quite a reduction in the amount of black carbon residue on the inside of my stainless exhaust tips(BORLA SYSTEM), and that was after I put the MSD box in, so I quess it is burning cleaner. On the other hand, if I believed the horespower gains from every aftermarket piece I installed, I should have over 500 horsepower by now! :drive:

BonzoHansen
11-21-2007, 08:57 PM
multi-tip plugs are a gimmick and a waste of money

:nod:

Batman
11-22-2007, 09:20 AM
NGK FTW!

426 Wedge
11-23-2007, 06:09 AM
What's FTW mean?

BonzoHansen
11-23-2007, 07:23 AM
What's FTW mean?

FTW-For The Win (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ftw&btnG=Google+Search)