PDA

View Full Version : Land Speed Racing

NJSPEEDER
12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
since we don't have the backing to do an f-body specific land speed event, i was wondering who would be itnerested in making the trip south with me this summer to participate in one of the ECTA's speed trials?
i am not sure what vehicle i would be headed down in. whatever i drive down i would fully intend to run though.

anyone else intrested in standing mile performance runs?

NJSPEEDER
12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
i am going to roll down to maxton in april to see the hot rod meet and get a feel for how they run the show. once i get back i will start planning and preparing my car to make actual trial runs at the ECTA september meet.

let me know if you are interested in making the trip either time with me. spectating is free from what i understand, so it would only cost you food, hotel, and splitting gas to come with to watch.

bad64chevelle
12-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Tim as we talked about it last night, I believe I am like 90% sure I am in. I need to get more specifics on my school schedule as of yet, but I will soon.

NJSPEEDER
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
looking over the class rules i think my camaro qualifies for the C/GRS class. C is the designation for the engine displacement(301 - 372 Cid), G is for my fuel type(gasoline), and RS is the actual class designation(Real Street).

the current class record stands at 159.413. i doubt i will have any shot at that with my car, but i plan to have fun anyway. :grampsch:

i will have to make a few safety related upgrades to the car before i go in april. namely installing a 5pt harness and at least a 4pt roll bar.

bubba428
12-03-2007, 11:18 PM
how long is the track?

Jersey_TA
12-04-2007, 03:11 AM
how long is the track?

Read the last sentence of the first post LOL. It's a standing mile.

bubba428
12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
just seen that haha

NJSPEEDER
12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
rob, you should bring the vette. i bet that thing will fly.

Jersey_TA
12-05-2007, 04:00 PM
rob, you should bring the vette. i bet that thing will fly.

We'll see as it gets closer. I know the T/A kick the crap out of the vette though. I just don't feel all the compfy taking that thing back up to 150 again like a did when I ran 12.2s.

NJSPEEDER
12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
through the front sway bar back on and grab a set of eibach pro kits or similar springs to borrow for the weekend and it is all good :)
actually, if you are going to go over 150 you need a 4pt bar, firesuit, and 5pt harness. :)

1QWIKBIRD
12-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Here's a link.....
http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

I'd be interested in running in April. We'll see.

NJSPEEDER
12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
if you wanna go you may want to get signed up and get your hotel reserved soon. april will be the hot rod top speed challenge.
i am waiting on a rules clarification at the moment. the hot rod top speed challenge rules say that there is no fuel injection allowed in real street.makes me wonder what they are thinking, i mean i can't get much more real street than registered, insured, inspected, and driven all the way from jersey to participate.

keith2717
12-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a great idea, did anyone see the american hotrod show when they did Boyd's wife's car for the salt flats.

DaSkinnyGuy
12-07-2007, 10:54 AM
When exactly in the summer, where is it located and could I be a co-pilot for anyone?

NJSPEEDER
12-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Maxton, NC. it is basically at the southern end of NC just off of I95. approx 11 hours from trenton.

i will be happy to make a travel route and help get info for hotels in the area if anyone else is interested in going.

DaSkinnyGuy
12-07-2007, 11:22 PM
might be interested because if this is in aug, I will be on my way down to NC for NTI anyway. I dont have a car to run this or thats at least worth running.

NJSPEEDER
12-09-2007, 02:58 PM
i got the rules clarification from the ECTA. anything with fuel injection is considered Super Street. Real street is for carb'ed cars only.
can't say i agree with it, but i will be there anyway. my class will be C/GSS with a record speed just above 163mph. that is a lot of extra work to try to be competitive with a real driver, but i am willing to try.
looks like i will jsut have to find a home for the small block i have in my garage to run real street some time in the future :twisted:

bad64chevelle
12-10-2007, 10:28 AM
might be interested because if this is in aug, I will be on my way down to NC for NTI anyway. I dont have a car to run this or thats at least worth running.

It says April.

DaSkinnyGuy
12-10-2007, 02:11 PM
i was wondering who would be interested in making the trip south with me this summer to participate in one of the ECTA's speed trials?

Bad64Chevelle I said aug because of this, I didnt read the other comment where it says april until now.

NJSPEEDER
12-10-2007, 04:50 PM
there are several meets throughout the summer. if my attendance at the first one goes well and i can get licensed up i am thinking about going to the rest of them. they do have a points championship too, it would be fun to see my name listed in a points championship chase again :)

firebirdcrazy
12-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Stock LS1 Cars can easily top 160 miles and hr. I have done that several times in my Formula. I think the limiter stops at 162, but with a computer tune that can be taken off. This sounds like alot of fun would love to try it myself. Not sure about putting a roll cage in my car though. Dont really want to weld anything to my car.

Tru2Chevy
12-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Stock LS1 Cars can easily top 160 miles and hr. I have done that several times in my Formula. I think the limiter stops at 162, but with a computer tune that can be taken off. This sounds like alot of fun would love to try it myself. Not sure about putting a roll cage in my car though. Dont really want to weld anything to my car.

Yea, the car is capable of it, but this is a one mile standing start. Getting to that speed in such a short distance is where the challenge lies.

- Justin

firebirdcrazy
12-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I take it a shot of Nitrous is illegal to get you up there lolo.

Tru2Chevy
12-26-2007, 04:05 PM
I take it a shot of Nitrous is illegal to get you up there lolo.

Depends on the class I believe....

- Justin

NJSPEEDER
12-26-2007, 04:46 PM
nitrous is acceptable, just changes your class. :)

unstable bob gable
12-27-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm gonna rap w/ you about this @ the Firkin meet. This type of event is EXACTLY what I want to get involved with, and I guess starting as a spectator ain't a bad way to go...

NJSPEEDER
12-27-2007, 08:58 PM
i should have my rule book by then so i will have all the info needed to prep my car :D

SteveR
12-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun!