PDA

View Full Version : header question

racerz
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm looking 2 buy new headers 4 my 94 camaro with an LT-1. I'm looking 2 go with long tube.Also what coating should I get on the headers,is ceramicoat good or is there something better. I only drag this car so anything is pretty much open as far as choices. Any info is appreciated.

Tru2Chevy
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Well, as far as coatings go, any ceramic type coating should be fine. Several of them will offer a lifetime warranty (like Jet Hot).

Jet Hot actually sells headers already coated for pretty good prices. Might want to look around for a set of them.

- Justin

Pampered-Z
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Best price (cheapest) headers would be the pacesetters, Jethot headers are basically knock-offs of Hooker Supercomp, just made out of a slightly thinner steel. With either you can order them without the EGR and AIR fittings and save a few bucks.

Pacesetter have slip joints on the collectors, Jethot have the 3-bolt flanges.

Either of those would be good.

JerzLT1
12-03-2007, 09:15 AM
jet hots are also coated inside and out if i remember correctly. hopefully Josh will chime in and correct me if im wrong.

JSPERFORMANCE
12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Jet hot sells a few of its own designs but also retails most major brads of headers. When you buy them from jet hot you get their coating inside and out when you buy the headers coated from the manufacturer the coating is a lesser grade and is not very far into the tube.. Oh yeah Jet-Hot has a lifetime warranty on their coatings..

I hust bought the replacement headers for my Iroc from Jet Hot and the price was $125 better than summit and jegs with a better coating to boot!.

Teds89IROC
12-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I bought my hooker super comp long tubes for my IROC-Z through jet hot and installed them summer '06, they still look great and no problems whatsoever with the coating. So yea, definitely look into jet hot.

racerz
01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
hey thanx guys 4 ur input. I'll b contacting JET-HOT in the spring.

BonzoHansen
01-07-2008, 06:04 PM
JH has cool colors now too. :)