PDA

View Full Version : 86-93 Tuning at JS Performance!!

JSPERFORMANCE
12-12-2007, 07:31 AM
We have finally gotten our program together to tune 86-93 GM cars up and running.

The prices are as follows:

Bolt on cars - $160

N/A with internal modifications - $260 (may require dyno time)

Forced induction - $310 (usually requires dyno time)

The price includes removal and installation of the computer and chip from stock location.

*Dyno time extra

*Minimum requirements*

Every vehicle must be in good mechanical condition and may not have any problems with large amounts of smoke, external leaks, or wiring.

Every vehicle will undergo a visual inspection to confirm its condition.

Must have at least a 180* thermostat which can be installed here for an extra fee.

To schedule your appointment PM or E-Mail me @ Josh@JSSpeedandcustom.com

Oddball
12-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Do you tune carbed cars? I have very minor "mods". What is included in the $160?

JSPERFORMANCE
12-16-2007, 07:50 AM
The fee of $160 includes burning a new chip for fuel injected vehicles with only bolt on modifications. CC carb cars do not benefit from computer programing since wot fuel is not controlled by the computer. Carbed cars can still be "tuned" here but it is mechanical alterations that make the performance increase. Pricing for carbed cars is on a time and materials basis.

JSPERFORMANCE
01-24-2008, 07:21 AM
This is our promotional pricing for the winter months. Prices will go up slightly around spring time.
So if anyone is thinking about having their car done they should act now and save some cash.

V
01-24-2008, 07:59 AM
would there be any noticeable benifits to a stock internal '87 350 tpi engine already w/ speed density setup. The only mods are shorty headers, full cat back(!cat) and just a K&N filter on the TB. Also, car is a 5 spd. The car belongs to a friend now and im just seeing whether or not to suggest getting tuning done.

JSPERFORMANCE
01-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Of course, the speed density cars rely even more on base tuning than the maf cars. Even without messing with timing and fuel tables we can engadge the fan sooner, do away with speed limiters, and things like that.

Blackbirdws6
01-24-2008, 09:45 PM
do you do any tuning for OBD-II cars? I had my car dyno-tuned at Cartek easily 4 years back and I'm 95% happy with the work that was done. However, I have one thing thats bothered me and it's the idle. It runs rich as crap at idle and Julio from Cartek informed me that he couldn't lean it out any farther with the factory computer. The car will literally sit and idle away a tank a gas if I let it.

My mods are pretty typical and I don't see why it couldn't be leaned out farther. Any suggestions? If you do tune my year car, can you PM me a quote?

Thanks.

-brian

JSPERFORMANCE
01-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Sorry, we are still getting our obd2 program together. I will post up when we are ready to tune.

Blackbirdws6
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
sounds good. let me know.

r0nin89
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Available for trucks?

Its an 1987 k10 with a 350 TBI stock. Has a mild cam, 1.6 roller rockers, full longtube exhaust, and a k&n.

IROCdan330
02-06-2008, 06:26 AM
right now we are trying to concentrate mainly on the 165 and 730 ECMs in these cars, meaning tpi MAF and SD, respectively.

the 7747 ECM thats in your truck requires desoldering of the current chip thats in there and an adapter socket to be re-soldered in its place, in order to be able to swap chips in and out. If you wanted to have the ECM sent out to do that, we may be able to tune it afterwards but the time and pricing may be different.

r0nin89
02-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Alright. I think it may already be done because its has an internet chip in it.

I didnt do it previous owner...