PDA

View Full Version : TPI runners

keith2717
12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Can you put 88-earlier runners on an 89 and if so what is the difference
the cold start. If you put the 88 earlier runners on what would happen.

NJSPEEDER
12-27-2007, 07:58 PM
you just have to plug the cold start injector hole to put them on the later cars as far as i know.

keith2717
12-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks, does anybody have pics of the cold start pluggeg out there????

The Fixer
12-28-2007, 08:42 AM
http://images.classictrucks.com/tech/0402cl_tpi_12_z.jpg

Here's what the one from Street and Performance looks like. Their website is www.hotrodlane.cc but it appears to be down for maintenance. The S&P parts are very nice, I just installed the 9th injector plug, fuel-rail plug, and EGR blockoff on my TPI motor over the summer.

keith2717
12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks, Bro. So thats all I need to do is block that off and im in buisness?

The Fixer
12-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Yep, since you have an '89 you can use those by plugging the hole. Go for it!

maroman88
12-28-2007, 05:35 PM
steve, howd blocking off the EGR turn out?? thats all i have left of my emmisions and wouldnt mind seeing it go away. pros and cons?

keith2717
12-28-2007, 08:02 PM
That was going to be my next question!

The Fixer
12-28-2007, 09:42 PM
steve, howd blocking off the EGR turn out?? thats all i have left of my emmisions and wouldnt mind seeing it go away. pros and cons?

Well, the blockoff plate is a really nice piece, and fit perfectly. Pros? A couple less vacuum lines under the hood, and no more EGR solenoid to look at. Cons? None, at least for my car. I got rid of the EGR since I have a ZZ4 cam and it has enough overlap to "self-EGR". In fact, GM got the ZZ4 crate motor smog-certified in Cali without the EGR valve so I know it should be fine, should I ever need to pass emissions again (thank you Collector Registration!). I just had to program out the EGR in my chip; if you remove the EGR and don't do anything in the program, I think it'll ping at light cruise where the EGR normally comes into play.

keith2717
12-28-2007, 11:01 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO!

maroman88
12-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Well, the blockoff plate is a really nice piece, and fit perfectly. Pros? A couple less vacuum lines under the hood, and no more EGR solenoid to look at. Cons? None, at least for my car. I got rid of the EGR since I have a ZZ4 cam and it has enough overlap to "self-EGR". In fact, GM got the ZZ4 crate motor smog-certified in Cali without the EGR valve so I know it should be fine, should I ever need to pass emissions again (thank you Collector Registration!). I just had to program out the EGR in my chip; if you remove the EGR and don't do anything in the program, I think it'll ping at light cruise where the EGR normally comes into play.

ok cool, i was guna have a chip burned anyway and i saw that they can delete the egr. and since i have everything else out and now i CANT get collectors cuz of the new rules, i duno what im guna do lol