PDA

View Full Version : December/New Years Eve Meet?

NJSPEEDER
01-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Looking way forward in the calendar year and trying to get as much planning done as early as possible. Wondering what everyone thinks is a reasonable price or price range for a New Years Eve meet that would include food, drink, and lodging?

Just trying to explore ideas early so that we don't have to miss out on any opportunities. Price truly does effect the quality of venue, food, and lodging, please keep that in mind as you discuss.

The cheapest any of this can get done from what I can tell is $50-75 without overnight lodging, the high side would be in the $250ish ballpark with good food, open bar, and overnight lodging. Could be a touch more if we really wanted to go over the top, but this isn't really that kind of a crowd.

Who would be interested in what level of quality and cost?

-Thanks

bubba428
01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
an open bar is a MUST(sense I'll be 21 by then) food is ehhh, place to sleep is important cause I'm sure there would be plenty of drunken folk. I wouldn't mine paying over $100 but not over $200

Tru2Chevy
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Yes, if we put something together it would include an open bar in the price.

- Justin

ShitOnWheels
01-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Yes, if we put something together it would include an open bar in the price.

- Justin

How would you get around the under 21 crowd drinking and the legal ramifications of that? Just curious.

I can't justify paying a significant amount of money for something I could do just as easily at home and won't have to deal with nearly as much of the drama that comes from large drunken gatherings such as this. Besides, James and I won't be able to afford going out much once we move in to the new house since it's at the top of our budget. :shrug:

Tru2Chevy
01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
How would you get around the under 21 crowd drinking and the legal ramifications of that? Just curious.

There would most likely be some type of wristband system.

I can't justify paying a significant amount of money for something I could do just as easily at home and won't have to deal with nearly as much of the drama that comes from large drunken gatherings such as this. Besides, James and I won't be able to afford going out much once we move in to the new house since it's at the top of our budget. :shrug:

Yea, Kare and I are going to be in that boat soon too....

- Justin

ShitOnWheels
01-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Yea, Kare and I are going to be in that boat soon too....

- Justin

Too bad you two can't move up near where we are moving. Great area and great homes for the money. Property taxes are reasonable as well. [/hijack]