PDA

View Full Version : ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE SETTING

edpontiac91
01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a Hypertech Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator on my L98 1991 350. For the last 3 or 4 years it has been set between 45 and 50 P.S.I.(I have a 60 lb gauge set up next to it) Just last week I was going thru Google, and came across a 3rd Gen.org. site. They mentioned that in order to set an adjustable fuel pressure regulator you must first take off the vacuum hose to get the correct reading. Well I took off the hose and my setting went from 48 P.S.I. to around 58 P.S.I. I went ahead and set it back down to about 52 P.S.I. and hooked up the vacuum hose. It now reads about 43 P.S.I. Idle seems to be the same, but I haven't taken it out yet. My question is, do you think the high pressure setting affected the cars time in the 1/4 mile? Could it have been running too rich? Plugs always seemed super clean. I have an MSD box and Blaster Dual Coil with stock injectors. SLP runners and an Edlebrock Intake along with their Headers complete the bolt ons. No carbon build up in the exhaust tips either. :?:

HardcoreZ28
01-21-2008, 08:18 PM
The computer may have compensated for the extra fuel by trimming the injector timing therefore not causing a rich condition. Removing the vac tube when you set the pressure simulates WOT