PDA

View Full Version : Who racing in what class next year?

vegaken
01-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Just wondering if anybody is going to run their car in a class this year. I will be running in the 10.0 Index at Atco and will be trying to hit some of the 9.50 index stuff for the Ram Racing N/A series. Time shots are fun but running in a class makes it so much more intense and fun at the same time. It is always fun to see how you measure up to other people in the same class.

79CamaroDiva
01-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I run in super pro at Island, and usually hit the mitchell races at Atco throughout the summer, but I'm not sure if I will be this year with the break dropping down to 6.50.. I don't feel safe having a car come up on me at over 200 mph just to hit the brakes so he doesnt break out.

87Fbird
01-25-2008, 09:24 PM
I'll be running in the "try to be faster than Ron" class at Atco. Seriosly, if i can stay consistent, I might try the gamblers. Does anybody know if there are any rules on ETs as far as how slow or fast you are or is it just as long as you can nail your dial-in every time?

racerz
01-25-2008, 10:12 PM
87Fbird 2 answer ur question, If u run D.O.T. or street tire u can't run quicker than 12.oo. For PRO class I believe they changed the rules that 9.90 is as quick as u can run. SUPER PRO I believe is 6.30(black tag on chasis cert). I hope that info helps, or u can get a rule book from NHRA 4 about 10 bucks. Pick a class b consistent and have fun.

bubba428
01-25-2008, 10:25 PM
I'll be racing in the "casual-don't-have-the-money-to-go-that-fast" class and I might have to take on this new guy in the "beat ron" class LOL

79CamaroDiva
01-25-2008, 10:42 PM
87Fbird 2 answer ur question, If u run D.O.T. or street tire u can't run quicker than 12.oo. For PRO class I believe they changed the rules that 9.90 is as quick as u can run. SUPER PRO I believe is 6.30(black tag on chasis cert). I hope that info helps, or u can get a rule book from NHRA 4 about 10 bucks. Pick a class b consistent and have fun.

I have absolutely no idea where you got any of your information from :?:

you can go as fast as you want on DOT tires, you just need the proper safety equipment to match the ET or mph, NJ used to have a rule that if you were under 18 you had to run DOT tires, so we had kids running 8 and 9 second cars that had "DOT" tires.. technically they weren't breaking any rules, even if they were 15" wide ET Streets.

The street class break at most tracks is 11.50-19.99, no electronics, all DOT tires, full muffled cars.

Pro class the ET break is 9.00, there's movement to get it even quicker, but it wasn't passed at this years track operator meetings. Super pro is still technically a 7.00 break, but theoretically the track operator can run the class however they want, as long as the racers know that at the bracket finals at the end of the season the class is 7.00-11.99.

These are just the bracket classes that run for the Summit ET series. Other classes at different tracks, like Quick 8 and index classes are a completely different animal. If you're talking about Atco's Tuesday night gamblers, I don't think it has any ET breaks that you'll have to worry about, but you will go up against some heavy hitters with delay boxes, so watch out.. If you can hit the tree and run the number, you'll be good to go! :)

The rule book info however, was correct.. they cost $10, you can pick them up at the track or I believe order at NHRA.com.

SteveR
01-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Pro class the ET break is 9.00

Did they vote to change it to 7.50 yet? Wasn't that something they were talking about?

79CamaroDiva
01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Did they vote to change it to 7.50 yet? Wasn't that something they were talking about?

They were talking about it, and its written in the 08 rule book as 7.50, but as far as we know its a typo, since neither Bob or Tony (Division and Tech Directors) ever voted on it. They were talking about voting it down, but because of the wording, luckily it didn't pass this year.

87Fbird
01-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks guys, it looks like i'll be running in the 11.5-19.9 street class. I don't like the muffler rule though. I'll have to get me a rule book.
Bubba, it sounds like we're in the same boat. If i can get my car back together i'll run you down. Right now it's a sad site. It's on jack stands, nothings behind the motor and i got alot more work to do.

bubba428
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
I need to replace my trans and tweak a bit more with that 350, see how much power I can force out of her. and I need tires

ar0ck
01-27-2008, 04:40 PM
I need to replace my trans and tweak a bit more with that 350, see how much power I can force out of her. and I need tires

might need brakes too.

JerzLT1
01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
might need brakes too.

:lol:

bubba428
01-27-2008, 10:14 PM
maybe

ChevyQueen
01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Last season I ran gamblers Tuesdays at Atco. I might mix it up this season with some Saturday Super Pro too.

Slow 88
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
12oh for me...

Pampered-Z
01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm still undecided what I'm going to do. I like running points ( in street class ), but since the car is really more just a fast, show/cruiser. I hate putting that many runs on it. I would really like to find something else to make into a real bracket car and save my Z for other events.

johnjzjz
01-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I have absolutely no idea where you got any of your information from :?:

you can go as fast as you want on DOT tires, you just need the proper safety equipment to match the ET or mph, NJ used to have a rule that if you were under 18 you had to run DOT tires, so we had kids running 8 and 9 second cars that had "DOT" tires.. technically they weren't breaking any rules, even if they were 15" wide ET Streets.

The street class break at most tracks is 11.50-19.99, no electronics, all DOT tires, full muffled cars.

Pro class the ET break is 9.00, there's movement to get it even quicker, but it wasn't passed at this years track operator meetings. Super pro is still technically a 7.00 break, but theoretically the track operator can run the class however they want, as long as the racers know that at the bracket finals at the end of the season the class is 7.00-11.99.

These are just the bracket classes that run for the Summit ET series. Other classes at different tracks, like Quick 8 and index classes are a completely different animal. If you're talking about Atco's Tuesday night gamblers, I don't think it has any ET breaks that you'll have to worry about, but you will go up against some heavy hitters with delay boxes, so watch out.. If you can hit the tree and run the number, you'll be good to go! :)

The rule book info however, was correct.. they cost $10, you can pick them up at the track or I believe order at NHRA.com.

i thought the DOT tires had a MPH limit because of the tire construction < it is rated street tire and it WAS 130mph but that may not apply i am not sure -- jz

NITROUSKING
01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
12oh for me...
in need spot from that killer you got:wink:

Slow 88
01-29-2008, 02:22 AM
in need spot from that killer you got:wink:

HAHA!! I have a great spot for you about 20 car lengths behind me or better yet how about the water in the burnout box!!

NITROUSKING
01-29-2008, 01:04 PM
HAHA!! I have a great spot for you about 20 car lengths behind me or better yet how about the water in the burnout box!!

does anyone race here? or is it just like tr?LOL

Tru2Chevy
01-29-2008, 05:38 PM

Yea, we have racers here: http://www.njfboa.org/forums/timeslips.php?

- Justin

bubba428
01-29-2008, 09:23 PM
I might not be fast but i love to race

79CamaroDiva
01-30-2008, 09:26 AM
you could say i've raced a few times... :lol:

radialtireking
01-30-2008, 11:54 AM

maybe...

JSPERFORMANCE
01-31-2008, 08:33 AM

I have been to Atco a couple times. Just with my street car. Do you want to set something up? $$$??

Slow 88
01-31-2008, 09:06 AM
I have been to Atco a couple times. Just with my street car. Do you want to set something up? $$$??

AWW ****!!!! Now this thread will be getting good...

kazman
02-04-2008, 07:07 AM
I'll be running my 07 Mustang in Street at Atco. It will be my rookie year in street. Plans are to throw on a set of drag radials and make the 100 mile drive to and home from the track. I heard that street at Atco was an easy place to learn. I may also run street at Raceway Park on Sundays. Season there is only 11 races. It would also be my rookie year there too. Look for the dark grey 14 second Mustang.

Pamperd-Z : your should look into a new auto Mustang. Stock car is consistant. Always in the 14's.

NITROUSKING
02-07-2008, 09:40 PM

aslong as u come on pumpgas and stock suspension we can do something:mrgreen: i just got a little street car, i aint got nothing for no full out race car....how much u looking to do this for?

JSPERFORMANCE
02-08-2008, 04:42 AM
Pump gas is no problem, I drive it how I race it

Why does it matter what suspension I have? You made the call out and now you want to make stipulations?

NITROUSKING
02-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Pump gas is no problem, I drive it how I race it

Why does it matter what suspension I have? You made the call out and now you want to make stipulations?

i dont remember calling you out? anyway just trying to make the race fair im not asking for a spot, just that u sit like me!!! am i asking too much? if u dont have stock suspension u have a race car. i have a PUMP GAS STREET CAR. if u cant sit like me dont race me end of story.

79CamaroDiva
02-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I'll be running my 07 Mustang in Street at Atco. It will be my rookie year in street. Plans are to throw on a set of drag radials and make the 100 mile drive to and home from the track. I heard that street at Atco was an easy place to learn. I may also run street at Raceway Park on Sundays. Season there is only 11 races. It would also be my rookie year there too. Look for the dark grey 14 second Mustang.

Pamperd-Z : your should look into a new auto Mustang. Stock car is consistant. Always in the 14's.

where are you driving from that its 100 miles to and from atco? there's gotta be a closer track to run street in?

JSPERFORMANCE
02-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I too have a pump gas street car, just because I have two ladder bars instead of one dosent make it a race car. I put 4800 miles on my car last year, I guess that dosent make a difference though.

Would you rather race my friends Camaro? It also runs on pump gas but has a stock style suspension out back but it is almost a full second faster than mine. I guess thats a race car too huh?

Dont come onto a club's site and make an open call out, then whine when someone with better equipment than you responds.

kazman
02-08-2008, 09:23 PM
where are you driving from that its 100 miles to and from atco? there's gotta be a closer track to run street in?

I live in Douglassville PA. 25 minutes from Maple Grove.

NITROUSKING
02-08-2008, 10:59 PM
I too have a pump gas street car, just because I have two ladder bars instead of one dosent make it a race car. I put 4800 miles on my car last year, I guess that dosent make a difference though.

Would you rather race my friends Camaro? It also runs on pump gas but has a stock style suspension out back but it is almost a full second faster than mine. I guess thats a race car too huh?

Dont come onto a club's site and make an open call out, then whine when someone with better equipment than you responds.

i never called anyone out, i just asked if anyone raced...check your post again u called me out!!!!! what kind of car do u have? i might gamble with your ladderbar racecar:mrgreen:

JSPERFORMANCE
02-09-2008, 05:21 AM
check my f-quick both of my cars are on there if you are that curious. And you were the one asking if anyone raced around here "or is it like tr" sounds like a call out to me.

NITROUSKING
02-09-2008, 11:54 AM
check my f-quick both of my cars are on there if you are that curious. And you were the one asking if anyone raced around here "or is it like tr" sounds like a call out to me.

WOW u got some killers:shock: and since when is asking if anyone races is calling someone out? maybe i just wanna watch:mrgreen:

79CamaroDiva
02-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I live in Douglassville PA. 25 minutes from Maple Grove.

you're only 78 miles from Island :)

racerz
02-09-2008, 04:05 PM
kazman u can try MAPLE GROVE. if not I race at ISLAND DRAGWAY in great meadows
nj. it is about an hour drive for me. I have raced both tracks and I preferre Island.

kazman
02-09-2008, 04:20 PM
you're only 78 miles from Island :)

Island is just under 2 hours away. Raceway and Atco are 2 hours. Cecil is 1.5 hours. I'm running at Raceway and trying the waters at Atco beause I feel the new rules with deep staging might give me a slight advantage. Actually Maple is my home track. Of all the tracks I like Atco the best. I been to Island a few times and tend to do well there. Have been to Cecil and Numedia a few times too but haven't won a single round at those tracks. Last season I won the opening day in street at Maple. Sometimes it really comes down to luck of the draw.

79CamaroDiva
02-09-2008, 08:35 PM
The new deep staging rules are across the board in all of Division 1.. The competition at Atco is always stiff, so I wish you luck there.. If you do decide to come up to Island let me know, chances are I will be there. I've been running points there in various classes for the last 15 years

TTPMatt
02-10-2008, 06:49 PM
NOPI killed the PRO Street Tire class, that my combination was designed against, lol.

I will be running Outlaw Drag Radial classes for most of the year. I will also be running the 8.50 index's at both ATCO/Etown, Cecil County Saturday Night 1/8 Mile Drag Radial Class, and all GM EFI Series races @ Etown.

kazman
02-11-2008, 09:26 AM
The new deep staging rules are across the board in all of Division 1.. The competition at Atco is always stiff, so I wish you luck there.. If you do decide to come up to Island let me know, chances are I will be there. I've been running points there in various classes for the last 15 years

I deep stage and I'm looking forward to the new deep rules. I won't be affected with the 10 second autostart. Plans for running at Atco are simple, deep stage, cut consertivate .020 lights, hold a bunch, the back in nice and close on the top end. Easy. If I get to Island I'll look you up. What class do you plan to run this year?

79CamaroDiva
02-12-2008, 08:15 AM
I run in Super Pro, but I'm also part of the staff. You can walk up to anyone on the staff and ask where Melissa is and they'll probably be able to find me :)

kazman
02-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I run in Super Pro, but I'm also part of the staff. You can walk up to anyone on the staff and ask where Melissa is and they'll probably be able to find me :)

Sounds like a date. Meet ya by the payout window. Don't tell my wife.....about the payouts. Good luck to you in SP. If I don't see you at Island hope to see ya at the BF's in September.

79CamaroDiva
02-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Sounds like a date. Meet ya by the payout window. Don't tell my wife.....about the payouts. Good luck to you in SP. If I don't see you at Island hope to see ya at the BF's in September.

I'll definitely be at the bracket finals, whether or not I qualify (hopefully I do, but lots going on this year, won't be racing every weekend). But we put on one hell of a party every year at the bracket finals. I think thats why we don't do so well in the team championships, our racers are all either too full of food or too hungover :lol: I did win the track operator race last year though :D, too bad it didnt count for points.

TTPMatt
02-14-2008, 08:50 PM
79Camaro: Anything in store for drag radial or outlaw races?? Maybe something 1/8 mile even??

79CamaroDiva
02-17-2008, 08:50 PM
79Camaro: Anything in store for drag radial or outlaw races?? Maybe something 1/8 mile even??

its something we're talking about. This year we're focusing in on our footbrake challenge series that seems to have a lot of people talking. It's a possibility for next year :)