PDA

View Full Version : what suspension mods did you do over winter?

2MCHPWR
01-27-2008, 09:11 AM
so i was PM'ing chris and he told me he did some very good mods and he also said kevan was also getting deep in the weight reduction mods:nod:
so lets see what y'all did to your suspension over the winter. I'll go first.

JRZ coilovers (3 way adjustable with external resevoirs) with eibach springs 900/650.
SSR wheels 18x9.5 with 285/30/18 all around.
Ride height lowered from 26 to 25.25 inches.
Corner weight changes improved weight distribution from 51% front/49 rear to 49 front/51% rear.
Tripoint Engineering front tubular swaybar (had 1 piece solid before).
Increased front camber from -1.6 to -2.0.

Some other mods not related to suspension:

Evans high flow water pump
Earls oil cooler (bigger than the one I had previously)
Katech belt tensioner (belt kept popping off)
Changing some of my tan interior plastics to black:arrow::moon:

ar0ck
01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
The only new suspension parts for my car were to the front.

I now have a UMI Road Racing Tubular K-member, and QA1 coil overs with their 325lb front springs. I'm hoping to do a C5 brake conversion this summer. Also the tire wheel combination is different as well. 18x9.5 up front with 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot PS2's and 18x10.5 in the rear with 315/30/18 Michelin Pilot PS2's.

Can't wait to start doing some auto-x this season. I think I have everything pretty well squared away.

2MCHPWR
01-28-2008, 08:26 AM
sweet. got any pics of that setup? isn't 325 lbs very low for road course and autocross?
i had the c5 conversion and loved it. very cost effective mod. what pads? I thought hawk HPS was great street/autocross pad and HP+ slightly better but a lot more dust.

EchoMirage
01-28-2008, 09:04 AM
i have the full WS6store C5 kit. came with slotted rotors and HPS. might not put it on till mid-late season, because i cant use my 16' rims with them. i want to get some more time out of the $900 tires i used all of 10 times last year.

198esp1
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
hey scott , new parts are tubular upper and lower arms, custom koni alum coilover in the front, car was 3400lbs w/o driver hopping to get to 3200 with a interior still in the car. have a set of 3.73 i havent put in yet.Im looking to pickup about 3/4 to 1.0 sec this year. Cant wait i didnt get out much last season. Right now dash is out of the car took out some sound deadner and other stuff -34lbs :-P car is such a fat **** still waiting for glass hood only orderd it 5 weeks ago, it should be good for at least 40 lbs

ar0ck
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
sweet. got any pics of that setup? isn't 325 lbs very low for road course and autocross?
i had the c5 conversion and loved it. very cost effective mod. what pads? I thought hawk HPS was great street/autocross pad and HP+ slightly better but a lot more dust.

The 325lb Spring, is what comes with QA1's "Road" kit, it feels great driving around locally and seems to handle very well with a little "Spirited Driving"

If & when I do the C5 conversion, I'll probably purchase Hawks HPS pads & power slot rotors. I have that combination currently in the front and I love it.

GrandmasterCow
01-29-2008, 04:55 PM
LCAs, TA, Engine mounts, about to put some SFCs on and over summer goign to do a K-member

NJSPEEDER
01-29-2008, 06:59 PM
i put 12k more miles on beat stock parts. does that count?

unstable bob gable
01-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Welp, I've been gathering parts for a spring rebuild of the AMX's front end, so here's what I'm looking at: all new "hard" parts [tie rods, ball joints, etc], soild tie rod adjusting sleeves, all poly bushings, boxed/strengthened upper and lower control arms, a custom front QA-1 coil over shock set up w/ 550 lb springs, and matched shocks for the back, Addco 1 1/8 bar for the front, and a custom built Wilwood brake set up w/ 13 inch rotors and 6 piston calipers. My rear suspension is still pretty fresh, so all I will prolly be doing is setting up my ride height w/ re arched springs or lowering blocks. Later on I want to look into composite rear springs.