PDA

View Full Version : exaust problem

mtg6486
02-11-2008, 06:56 PM
i am going to be getting the sts turbo system for my car only problem is i just realized my current exaust wont work when i put on the system. the sts turbo is ment to be used with a stock exaust and i have an slp loudmouth on there right now and when it goes over the axel it splits into two unlike the stock exaust which goes into the muffler then splits. the sts system uses the stock exaust and cuts it where it goes into the muffler and ataches it to the turbo. so my question is what do you think i should do? my options are 1 find a stock exaust and reinstall it or 2 modify the slp which means ill have 2 go 2 a muffler shop and hope they can make up something or 3 you guys suggest something. so let me know what you guys think i attached some pics to explain what i mean

mtg6486
02-11-2008, 06:58 PM
heres a pic of the slp exaust

edpontiac91
02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
i am going to be getting the sts turbo system for my car only problem is i just realized my current exaust wont work when i put on the system. the sts turbo is ment to be used with a stock exaust and i have an slp loudmouth on there right now and when it goes over the axel it splits into two unlike the stock exaust which goes into the muffler then splits. the sts system uses the stock exaust and cuts it where it goes into the muffler and ataches it to the turbo. so my question is what do you think i should do? my options are 1 find a stock exaust and reinstall it or 2 modify the slp which means ill have 2 go 2 a muffler shop and hope they can make up something or 3 you guys suggest something. so let me know what you guys think i attached some pics to explain what i mean

If it was meant to be used with the STOCK MUFFLER SYSTEM, then put one back on. It may have something to do with the amount of flow or back pressure that will spool up the turbo for that design. :-?

Slo86Bird
02-11-2008, 07:08 PM
if u decide to switch back to stock...i wanna buy yer slp resonator

Tru2Chevy
02-11-2008, 07:08 PM
I would sell the SLP setup and get a 3" I pipe and over-axle pipe mandrel bent up at a local exhaust shop.

No sense trying to stick a factory setup back on the car, you'll hurt flow.

- Justin

mtg6486
02-11-2008, 07:29 PM
i just realized i had an old exaust in my garage that had a muffler and after digging through all the crap in the crawl space under my house i found the piece that fits over the axel and im pretty sure it will work so i think this was a post for nothing now.

mtg6486
02-11-2008, 07:30 PM
another question and ill probably make a new post when the turbo comes in but do any of you guys wana help install it along with a fuel pump and probably a slew of other parts?

3rdGenLT1
02-11-2008, 07:44 PM
interested in selling the old exhaust?

mtg6486
02-11-2008, 08:12 PM
its all cut up just a muffler n some pipes