PDA

View Full Version : autox sunday 3/16

EchoMirage
03-14-2008, 04:07 PM
anyone interested. only got one new guy at the last race. i know at least one other person signed up for this sundays. anyone else.......dont be shy.

zuuhlsT/A
03-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Considering I gotta bad passenger side rear shock I don't think I would make much of a showing. If I get bored I'll cruise down and watch.

BrandonDrecksage
03-14-2008, 11:16 PM
i will be back at some point....with my camera mounted right..hopefully no one tries to slide their car into me again...lol.

EchoMirage
03-15-2008, 12:29 AM
i originally posted this in the lounge to try and get more people to view it, and try to drum up more interest. no one ever reads the road race forum.

1QWIKBIRD
03-15-2008, 12:41 AM
I am in and I think 198ESP is coming also......assuming it isn't snowing.

Tru2Chevy
03-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I'd love to get up there and watch, but tomorrow is my birthday and I plan on sleeping in as much as the little guy allows.

- Justin

1QWIKBIRD
03-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Good Day at Giants Stadium. Weather initially was suspect, but came around during the middle of the day. Turn out was thinner than usual because of the weather, I am sure, but was still good fun.

I think 9 runs total, 5 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. The morning session was kinda wet, light rain with temps in the 50's?? and traction was marginal. Scoreboard was not functioning so times are from memory. We got a parade lap:gay: and then a practice lap and then real runs begin.

First Run: 3/4 speed maybe just kinda finding the course and what the Kuhmo's could handle. 54.something:rofl:

Second Run: Full speed and ran a 53.something, evidently full speed wasn't so full.

Third Run: Spinning off the line and not taking the best line through a couple critical pionts led me to a 50.something.:-x

Fourth Run: Good out of the hole and through the first section, but as I approached a big sweeper at the top of the lot the car drifted and I could not make it through a gate which led to an Off Course:cry: To that point it felt good.

Fifth Run (final run of the morning session): Dipped into the 49's, so at least I am now in the same time zone as the rest of the class.

Sixth Run (first run afternoon session): Conditions now are more favorable, pavement has dried considerably and the light rain has stopped. So with improved grip just about everywhere I click off a 46.something. This is the first run in the car where I can feel the advantage of the big 17x11 with 315 Kuhmo's. Size Does Matter.....

Seventh Run: Feeling confident and altering my line through a few key points on course I post a 45.something, but that may have had a cone....Still good, I can clean the cone up and now am putting pressure on the guy in front of me 198ESP.

Eighth Run: So now the pressure is on to put up a number and make 198ESP chase me, :nod:. And bam....mid to high 44.....the pressure has been applied.

Ninth Run: Homerun time....Conditions are about as good as they will get on this day and so I lay down my own best of the day 44.51. (Enough to make 198ESP wet himself in grid.)

All of this leads to a 2nd place finish in class U. Although the finish is in dispute because 198ESP on his the last run of the hit the ball out of the park with a 42.9 (as announced to him at the finished line) :shock: But the official scoring during tropy presentation had no record of the run. So either the voices in his head finally got the best of him or timing screwed up?? 42.9 would probably have been 2nd fastest time of the day. They are going to look into this further.

As of now though, Class U 2nd place belongs to me.:mrgreen:

198esp1
03-16-2008, 04:53 PM
had a pretty good day, have to thank chris for helping with the tires. car worked good with the new susp setup car needs a alighnment. driver needs a tune up:nod: but for the first time out in almost a year not to bad a time. there is still a lot of time in the car. lik chris said on the last run they said 42.9 Waiting for the offcial word on the timming .

2MCHPWR
03-18-2008, 03:18 PM
congrats to both of you guys!!! way to kick rainy @ss!!!

2MCHPWR
03-18-2008, 08:30 PM
pewter formula layin the smack down!
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/MotorSportsNE/ax%2003-16-08_fin.htm

kevin might not be so free with the advice any more :)

1QWIKBIRD
03-18-2008, 09:25 PM
pewter formula layin the smack down!
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/MotorSportsNE/ax%2003-16-08_fin.htm

kevin might not be so free with the advice any more :)

I got plenty of learning to do. My ace in the hole is the 100+HP I have on him. If we co-drove either his car or mine, I am pretty sure the outcome would be different. He had a 42.9 (with two cones) so if ya clean that up, I'm roadkill...More seat time and I'll get there.

I think the trick is to become consistent enough that when you start making changes to the car you can rely on the run times to tell you how the changes are effecting the car. Right now I am not consistent enough to make small changes and be certain those changes are reflecting in the lap times.

You gonna come to a few events or are you busy with other things right now?

198esp1
03-18-2008, 10:06 PM
42.9 plus 2cones that sucks. I can usually tell when i hit a cone must of just nicked them. maybee next race ill remember how fat my car is :shock:. On the bright side of things the car has the potential to be really fast :nod:. Chris is doing a great job. getting fast real quickly.