03-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Whos in whos out msne/sjr scca /test tune nnjr
Will 1quickbird repeat with the win over 198esp :shock:
Will 198esp avenge the loss and put 1qwickbird in his place right behind me
Will bistrais show up and school us both ?:drool:
Will vegaken play spoiler or just tire warmer ?:lol:
Will 2muchpower show the fast line ?:wink:
Will it be dry so i can use more than 1/2 throttle
Will more than 2 f-bodys show up. (probably not)

1QWIKBIRD
03-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Whos in whos out msne/sjr scca /test tune nnjr
Will 198esp avenge the loss and put 1qwickbird in his place right behind me
Will bistrais show up and school us both ?:drool:
Will vegaken play spoiler or just tire warmer ?:lol:
Will 2muchpower show the fast line ?:wink:
Will it be dry so i can use more than 1/2 throttle
Will more than 2 f-bodys show up. (probably not)

Are we doing sat and sun that weekend? If so I am in.

I'll do my best to keep you down.....:mrgreen: Loser swaps tires on both cars at the end of the day?

I doubt I could hang with Ron, unless he runs a donut spare on the front right. I'm not sure I can hang with you! Lady luck shines every now and then.:mrgreen:

Tire warmer and cone collector...:rofl:

Who's 2muchpower? Never see the guy, he's like a ghost:wink:

Let the firechicken breath....let it breath.....mad hp mad hp:nod:

Sounds like a call to arms....did you just throw down a challenge?:shock:

I'm gonna need new kuhmo's real soon at this pace.

What track day event we gonna do? May 3? Pocono East?

ar0ck
03-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Where @?

1QWIKBIRD
03-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Where @?

That's a good question....but I would prefer Sunday at Giant's stadium. I'll do Saturday at E-town too if its not cancelled.

1QWIKBIRD
03-20-2008, 09:37 PM

I got special parts headed my way to help me in my quest for dominance. They should be here in time and be installed by 3/30. Think Penske....think remote reservoir.......think onboard adjustability..........ooooohhhhhh yeahhhh

vegaken
03-20-2008, 11:15 PM
We will see about collecting cones. I just don't get that excited about these events. If there were more than maybe 4 cars with decent power I might get into it. Either that or if it is wet out some people won't bring a stock street car out to race so they don't get it dirty. If people are afraid of getting the junk dirty they will never drive it hard enough to find the limits, which basically means people are out driving fag parade laps.
That and why the hell do I need to work the event if I pay to get in anyway. That just sucks. Nothing worst than a cripple trying to pick up cones that some ass clown just plowed in a 4 cylinder p.o.s. Mini or Miata. That is f'ing gay. I will probably go and help out with the cars to make it easier on you guys. But damn somebody buy a trailer so we only have to swap one set of tires.
Ok I vented enough on this stuff.

2MCHPWR
03-22-2008, 08:48 PM
i'm with vegaken :) that stuff's lame!
but i'm going. might be last time with my new jobby. i'm Monticello bound.
it will also be my first time with the new setup so i hope its not too phunct up.
chris - what shox are those? you putting down mad cash on coilovers?

1QWIKBIRD
03-22-2008, 09:58 PM
i'm with vegaken :) that stuff's lame!
but i'm going. might be last time with my new jobby. i'm Monticello bound.
it will also be my first time with the new setup so i hope its not too phunct up.
chris - what shox are those? you putting down mad cash on coilovers?

no....no....no....I just want to scare you and kevin. :lol:

I ain't got mad cash for shocks that would cost more than the car is worth. I am done with upgrades, now its all on the driver.

198esp1
03-22-2008, 11:50 PM
sway bar and bushings wait did i say that out loud. my bad

1QWIKBIRD
03-23-2008, 07:02 AM
sway bar and bushings wait did i say that out loud. my bad

what's that? do you want to engage in an arms race? mister "I have super duper Koni's and A-arms? and now my car only weighs 2700lbs" Huh.....Huh...what's that........blaine fab rear wing?? huh....:moon:

198esp1
03-23-2008, 01:04 PM
katech 427 track attack/ minni tubbed all 4 corners 385/35/18
with that much motor and tire vegaken could even set ftd:rofl:

vegaken
03-24-2008, 08:13 AM
I am telling you guys this once. You better hope to god that I don't ever get bored and decide to build a car for this junk. I would throw more mad hp at that thing with some stupid big tires and I would spend on it unlike your cheap asses. I would stop taking two vacations to Sweden in a month to whoop your monkey asses.:nod: As I said before I think this stuff would be okay except for the fact you have to work during the race and can't really tune on your car during the day. What the hell is that? So you guys really don't want me to build another monster to come over there and smack the hell out of you! haha
Why don't you guys build some drag cars and come on over and race with me. Oh that's right you would have to make some real HP to do it right!:shock:
I think the car with the most HP at most of these things is Chris with 420hp pretty stout but come on the next guy is probably making 305hp if they show up with a worked turbo STI or EVO, yawn.
Ken

198esp1
03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
you build what ever you want. hp aint gona help you. you need to be able to work that round thingy. you can drive my car sunday, or if you need another 100+ hp Im sure 1qwikbird will let you drive the chicken. remember to leave the ego home for when all the p.o.s. miatas and hondas bitch slap you. always fun no matter what

2MCHPWR
03-25-2008, 04:44 PM
someone is having a bad hair day! :kneeslap:
I used to have hair:drool:

vegaken
03-25-2008, 10:42 PM
I just can't get into this stuff. I understand the difficulty of this driving. But there is no sensation of real speed here. If this was a road course I would be all over it. But this just does not get going fast enough. I want the thrill of the speed. I am just going to help you guys work on the cars and not use up the equipment. Besides someone has to take pictures of you guys spinning out of control. It's a twister, It's a twister!!!!:rofl:
Besides Scott nailed it don't want to have a bad hair day out there. haha:rock:

EchoMirage
03-25-2008, 10:46 PM
theres more to racing then just a straight line, scooter

vegaken
03-25-2008, 10:57 PM
As far as a pos miata or honda bitch slapping me that is okay. Because any mo can get a roller skate to go through a set of cones when there is not enough power to possibly lose it. Besides last time I checked I am a guy and I like to have a real man car not some roller skate that my mom could drive. I hate them those **** box cars. I would rather walk or ride a bike or even take the bus than have to drive one of them. Just like the picture says

1QWIKBIRD
03-30-2008, 05:44 PM
This Sunday did not go well at the autox, for me anyway. Others hopefully fared much better. Started out promising, got there in plenty of time, swapped the tires, walked the course 3 times. I ran class (U) in second heat. So do the parade lap and all seems fine, then my pratice lap (49.5x my only run) the break pedal seems soft, and goes to the floor. There is some pedal, but something doesn't feel right. Back in the pits I do some investigating and notice that the resevior is low, and it wasn't that way when the day started. Turns out the rear steel braided flexible line from the chassis to the rear failed. Why, I haven't looked into this yet. Freak occurence, probably not. When I redid all the brake lines on the rear maybe I positioned the brass junction block in such a way that I put the flexible line too far from the body and limited the line's range of motion, putting it under stress when the suspension is at or near full extension or roll. Suck part of the whole deal, the tow home from Giants stadium to Trenton.......ouch. Luckily the tow truck guy was cool, cut me a break and handled the car with great care and didn't harm my undercarriage while loading and off loading.

I really need to buy a trailer.

There was one positive, my new Kirkey Road Race seat is awesome.

So how did everybody else do?

Chris

2MCHPWR
03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
that was a good day for me. ed helped me set up my suspension. the car felt awesome. I wish I could have launched better; I was getting a lot of axle hop with any launch higher than 2000.
here are pics of my car and kevans white SS.
http://209.177.55.37/ax03302008.htm

when i got home and put my trailer away, the shackles seemed to move making the rear wheels tuck up and making the front wheels pushed down. i don't know how to explain. here's pics. how do i fix? drive a car on it?

http://209.177.55.37/images/rx7/trailerbroke.jpg

http://209.177.55.37/images/rx7/trailerbroke2.jpg

kevan - if you stayed to the end, how'd we place?

2MCHPWR
03-31-2008, 03:51 PM
chris - will you and car be back up for next sundays event?

1QWIKBIRD
03-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh yeah....I'll be there. Just a brake line.

What really sucked is that I chased cones for 2 hours and didn't get to race at all, and the competition in class U looked solid, so that would have been a good challenge for me. Would I have posed a threat to the top spots? No, but those 5, 6, 7 spots would have been in trouble.....hahahahha

Looking at the pics of the trailer, it appears the trunion (pivot between front and rear spring) is hung up. The shackles should be above the trunion I think. What does the other side look like? How did you do this? Backing the trailer into the driveway and went over the curb? Are all the attachment points OK? Suspension isn't bound in some way from corrosion? If not something looks to have gone past its normal range of motion and is over center. It look like you want to try and force the rear of the front spring up. What does the spring look like on the front axle?

You going this Sunday?

vegaken
03-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah things end up failing when you drive it hard. I don't think you would have had to worry about finishing towards the bottom of the field. **** your practice lap was better than some people's time for the day and that was with no back brakes on the car.:rofl: Take a note here and get a trailer. Makes life so much easier for racing. When you are actually racing stuff is going to break just a fact of life.

Scott the car looks good in the pictures. You got the car working now.

Kevin car seems to be working okay, just need some HP. People would be in trouble if you had the same HP as Chris or Scott.:nod:

Hey skippy, it is easy to say there is more to racing than straight lines when your running a pretty much stock car. I have done this autocross stuff before yeah it is some fun. But not enough fun for me to throw some money at it. I could have easily built a car for both autocross and some drag racing. I prefer to do one thing well not two things half assed. I am not afraid to use up a car since it is only a tool of the trade not some personal attachment. Last time I checked racing is about competition and trying to win. This is why I built a car for 10.0 index racing that is going to run low 9's on motor. Who the hell wants to just say I was there running, oh great:gay:. I want to be competitive and have a chance of winning every time out. Why else would one spend all this time and money. If not you might as well be one of those guys who has the best lawn in the neighborhood and lives to work in the yard.

Ken

EchoMirage
04-01-2008, 04:14 PM
if you dont like it why do you comment in the autox forum or come to the race. stay the **** away if all youre going to do is bash it.

198esp1
04-01-2008, 05:22 PM
he posts in the auto x forum because Im his brother and 1qwickbird is his bud and he likes to break balls :nod: thats why. thats like asking why you auto x when you cant drive . you do it because its fun .

sweetbmxrider
04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
he posts in the auto x forum because Im his brother and 1qwickbird is his bud and he likes to break balls :nod: thats why. thats like asking why you auto x when you cant drive . you do it because its fun .

oh snap! do you guys know if we would ever be able to get on an actual road track? i want some steep banks and long straights. not a fan of cones and light poles.

vegaken
04-02-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't come on here to bash anything. The only thing I was doing was having some fun with some people I know. I go to these events to help out some friends to make their day easier and let them perform better driving.
Just a word of advice is when you call some one scooter, you should be prepared to back it up with some results. I know that when I went racing I have never finished last in anything. This includes racing go carts against other people for fun or drag racing or auto x. Can't wait to see the results of this last event! :rofl: So if you are offended that I was having fun with my friends then that is your problem. :moon: