PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Devil Detailing

Rich189
04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Well guys i finally got my sponsorship stuff finished. The banner and button will be switched out as soon as i make better ones but for now I'm going to concentrate on getting the web page up and running how id like it. Anways a little information about me.

I've been detailing for quite a while both professionally and as a hobby. Currently I am only detailing part time and work for the Department of Corrections full time and will be going to police academy soon. This severely limits my appointments down to about 3-4 cars per week. I am extremely flexible with my hours and have a shop set up in my home. The average detail will take me between 6-8 hours but if needed you can leave your car over night and pick it up the next day it will be in a secured garage the entire time it is at the shop and will under no circumstances be outside over night.

I offer a full range of detailing services from a simple wash and wax to wet sanding and full concours detailing details are avail. at my website and more will be added shortly.

I only use the best quality products such as menzerna, pinnicle, zymol, swissol, and wolfgang concours. I am continuously ordering and testing products to find new and better alternantives. I even started blending my own liquid wax.

The main reason i chose to become a sponsor however is to help the club. Even if you have no intention of having your car polished feel free to pm or e mail me with questions and ill do my best to answer them. I also plan on doing many write ups and how to articles to show whats involved and how to properly do different steps of a detail from proper washing and drying to full blown wet sanding and compunding.

sweetbmxrider
04-16-2008, 08:33 PM
the write ups sound like an awesome idea. i suck at polishing. sweet move though!

Anti_Rice_Guy
04-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Sounds great man, can't wait for the write ups! And zymbol? Do you mean zymol?

BonzoHansen
04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Rich rules.

91DropTop
04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
dude your work is amazing i dont know many people who are confident enough in their detailing to shine a light to it. Awesome work...you gonna have to quit your day job lol

Ian
04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Rich rules.

:werdmelissa:

Rich189
04-17-2008, 05:14 AM
dude your work is amazing i dont know many people who are confident enough in their detailing to shine a light to it. Awesome work...you gonna have to quit your day job lol

Na id love to say id be able to but i always wanted to be in law enforcment not to mention the benefits are much better. The detailing is just a hobby now i have about 10 customers with exotics that ive been doing for a few years now and i do friends of theirs every so often. The ferrari club of north america just asked me if they could put me on a list as recommended businesses so im sure ill get a couple of those. But like i said above if i do more then 3-4 cars a week i get burned out so i try to keep it around that limit.

Rich189
04-17-2008, 05:15 AM
Sounds great man, can't wait for the write ups! And zymbol? Do you mean zymol?

and yes zymol it was getting near work time and i was in a rush.

Blackbirdws6
04-17-2008, 08:46 AM
good luck with the small business. I'm sure you will do well since your results speak for themselves. I may have to bring the bird to you at some point since I have little time to take care of it myself and getting a bit burnt out as of recent to detail it properly. Will you have pricing available or will it be on a car condition basis?

-Brian

Tru2Chevy
04-17-2008, 09:09 AM
good luck with the small business. I'm sure you will do well since your results speak for themselves. I may have to bring the bird to you at some point since I have little time to take care of it myself and getting a bit burnt out as of recent to detail it properly. Will you have pricing available or will it be on a car condition basis?

-Brian

Basic pricing info is on his website.

- Justin

Blackbirdws6
04-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Basic pricing info is on his website.

- Justin

Thanks I apparently can't read. :)

-Brian

Rich189
04-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Sorry i didnt include that pricing is on my website in my post, i should have.... that is basic pricing on my site but i will be able to do car by car estimates such as if the hood is in bad shape but the rest of the car is great i will obviously not charge to do a 3 stage polish on the whole car.

unstable bob gable
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Rich is DEF the man when it comes to detailing!

baddest434
04-17-2008, 04:49 PM
very nice rich best of luck to you.

foff667
04-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Good luck Rich, your quality precedes you.

bad64chevelle
04-21-2008, 12:37 PM
:werd: best of luck Rich, you have my Chevelle and The Hammers Lightning waiting for ya.

Mike
04-21-2008, 12:39 PM
:werd: best of luck Rich, you have my Chevelle and The Hammers Lightning waiting for ya.

and my ss, birds not worthy though

bobb1589
04-27-2008, 01:06 AM
just curious if you have any pictures of before/after

bobb1589
04-27-2008, 01:24 AM
also... i cant sleep and thought id mess around and make you a banner let me know if you like it... (im trying to touch up on my graphic design skills haha)
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4315/jerseydevildetailingbp5.jpg

Rich189
04-27-2008, 05:50 AM
That looks pretty good 95.... theres plenty of before after pictures in the multimedia section a ton will be added to my website the beginning of next week... ive been so busy lately with my fulltime job and detailing i havent had time to upload the pictures resize watermark them etc.

bobb1589
04-27-2008, 10:30 AM
sounds good.. ill take a look, i may have you detail my car sometime this summer considering you must be close to me, i live in hamilton

Frosty
04-27-2008, 03:29 PM
The prices are pretty damn good.

I'd love to get the 'vette wet sanded & polished since it just had some paint work done to it(it has some orange peel to it)

Rich189
04-28-2008, 05:03 AM
The prices are pretty damn good.

I'd love to get the 'vette wet sanded & polished since it just had some paint work done to it(it has some orange peel to it)

I tried to make the forum member prices lower then most of the hack job mobile detailers/shops ive seen around (granted there are a couple really good ones but they are far and few inbetween) these prices normally ended up about 30% off my regular prices...frosty i can do a 2500 grit on your car which probably wont make it perfectly smooth but itll be much better then it is now i wouldnt go any lower then that unless i had a paint thickness meter and right now i dont have a grand to spend on a decent one considering i only would use it once or twice a year just pm me when your ready and we'll talk

bobb1589
04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
hey rich can you pm me your address? i may drop by sometime to have you look at my car and see what you think.

Rich189
04-28-2008, 06:37 PM
pm sent

unstable bob gable
05-27-2008, 10:29 PM
And for the record, Rich has awesome public relations skills...I called him up with a few questions about paint care, and he rang me up and schooled me! The man knows his stuff! 8-)