PDA

View Full Version : Spaeker Repair

426 Wedge
04-28-2008, 07:03 AM
I can't find 5.25" subs to replace my OEM ones used in the Performance Sound option for my 86. The paper is ripped and would like to have the the paper replaced. Any company(s) around here who can do this?? Also, anyone know of a replacement sub to fit the box?

deadtrend1
04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Personally I would get rid of that setup all together, make a plate up and put a decent sounding 6.5" speaker in its place.

or

Find someone that has the stock 6x9 plates and put 6x9's there. Wont sound as good as 6.5's though.

or

See if someone has a original set they can sell. I know bonzo did, not sure if he still has them. Try to pm him.

OR

most expensive and least desirable way would be to find a set of 5.25 componets and just use the woofer out of the box. I wouldn't recommend it cause its not worth it.

qwikz28
04-28-2008, 09:59 PM
most expensive and least desirable way would be to find a set of 5.25 componets and just use the woofer out of the box. I wouldn't recommend it cause its not worth it.

not to mention stock is probably only 2ohm. i would say try to find a used one, theres gotta be one floating around. unless you were planning on upgrading in the future, in which i would just tell you to disconnect it for now and wait until you decide on a new setup

TransAm619
04-29-2008, 08:19 PM
oddly enough, i think i have the 6x9 plates in my garage in long island from a parts 86 trans am i had....

if u want them ill check and see if i can dig em out, u can have them

-adam

426 Wedge
05-01-2008, 05:00 AM
oddly enough, i think i have the 6x9 plates in my garage in long island from a parts 86 trans am i had....

if u want them ill check and see if i can dig em out, u can have them

-adam

PM'd