PDA

View Full Version : Stealth box/Flip up H/U questions

TransAm619
04-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Ive got the subthump stealth boxes in my car (Driver side and pass side) in the 10" diameter. My buddy sold his car so hes pretty much giving me his system. Id like to keep the stealth boxes since they take up no room, still have room for my ttops and look almost factory. Anyway, he's giving me 12's. Can i just route out the 10" box to 12"??. I dont see why not but i figure id ask to be sure.

Also, i kno how to install headunits but ive never installed a flip out screen one. Its the same to install right? again, im sure it probably is but u guys kno this shat more than me lol

-adam

Knipps
04-29-2008, 09:41 PM
headunit is essentially the same, but if it's got DVD capabilities and you want to use them you may need some extra wiring done (security precautions)

sweetbmxrider
04-29-2008, 09:45 PM
yeah like only works in park deal. i imagine if there is enough room in those stealth boxes, you shouldn't have a problem either.

qwikz28
04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Ive got the subthump stealth boxes in my car (Driver side and pass side) in the 10" diameter. My buddy sold his car so hes pretty much giving me his system. Id like to keep the stealth boxes since they take up no room, still have room for my ttops and look almost factory. Anyway, he's giving me 12's. Can i just route out the 10" box to 12"??. I dont see why not but i figure id ask to be sure.

Also, i kno how to install headunits but ive never installed a flip out screen one. Its the same to install right? again, im sure it probably is but u guys kno this shat more than me lol

-adam

your taking a huge task and i'm gona have to come over and help you one of these days. no you cannot just open up a 10" box cause of volume and clearance issues. your best bet for that would either be to sell the 12s or get a new box. trust me it won't fit and in the end you'll have ruined those boxes

i may be wrong since i havent done one since high school, but those screen units usually have a seperate unit, like a "brain" so to speak. you would need to find a place ot mount it but the regular screen part mounts normal. the only tricky part is the wiring. those screens come from the manufacturer unable to operate certain features while the car is moving, but that can be bypassed through the wiring. i'm sure your buddy has done it already if its used.

EODMonkey
06-10-2009, 01:07 AM
i'm not sure if you've gotten your install done but if you have let me know how it came out. i'm looking at a pair of id max 10's and using the stealth enclosures or modifying them for my 9500's. i'm pushing 1680 rms so i was also looking at the drop in dual 10's with the t-top slots. i'm trying to find a good balance without trial and error. let me know how yours hit

GP99GT
06-10-2009, 09:05 PM
i wouldnt bother swapping the 10's out for 12's...i dont think it would be worth the extra effort, and the 12s may be too big for the enclosure anyway

qwikz28
06-10-2009, 10:59 PM
matt is right, they will not fit in that enclosure