PDA

View Full Version : autocross in northern NJ?

creeper
05-10-2008, 10:40 PM
are there any places in northern new jersey to do autocross?

BillFromTR
05-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Englishtown has autox on saturdays. Giants stadium does autox as well but not sure of when. check out www.autox4u.com tand go to the nnj region section.

EchoMirage
05-11-2008, 07:48 AM
http://www.motorsportsne.com/

Blacdout96
05-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Hehe, Im almost ready to come out to meadowlands, got another goodie in today ;) so about three more things to do, and im coming out, I told you Rob im going all out this year without moving up a class, I want to get into the top 10 damnit lol. Who runs the one at Englishtown? and what are the specs in order to race there ( i.e. racing liscence, suit, certain saftey equiptment?...

EchoMirage
05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
SCCA does e-town. dont need a liscense, suit, or anything. theyre alot more strict and throrough with their rules and classing. youd definetely be bumped up one, if not two classes with your suspension work, regardless of the fact its only a V6. within the SCCA rules, stock is STOCK (basically). you do anything, and youre in a new class. depending on what youve got done, it will put you into a class with far faster, more modified cars. if you want to make it into the top 10, id stick with giants stadium. i dont know exactly where SCCA would put your car with what youve got done, but i think youd have a better time and be more competitive up here.

Blacdout96
05-13-2008, 08:10 PM
yeah, thats why I stick withthe meadowlands. Philly has auto-x but thats SCCA too, I just wantto get all the bugs out, and set the car right, and see how consistant it is before I step up to SCCA or something, I know they'll eat me alive there lol

EchoMirage
05-13-2008, 10:09 PM
think you can make it to the afternoon run on the 23rd?

198esp1
05-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I going to south jersey scca this weekend, the scca has the pax handicap system, that way you can compare drivers nomatter what car you drive or the level of prep. if you can drive a scca course well than a motorsport ne course will seem a lot easier. Any seat time is a good thing.

Blacdout96
05-14-2008, 04:15 PM
think you can make it to the afternoon run on the 23rd?

Nope, im the best man in a wedding that day, I really wish eh wouldnt marry that thing he calls his fiance.