PDA

View Full Version : auto x 5/23 msne

198esp1
05-21-2008, 11:33 PM
this friday at the medowlands, morning school and afternoon race last time first car off was around 3:00 finished around 7:00 got 8 timed runs. any body thinking of going. Im going, 1qwikbird is out how bout it .

198esp1
05-23-2008, 11:01 PM
the post race report is in the weather was good about 70 and breezy. here is the rundown, 1st run i went about 80% ran a 50.7 2nd run I pickup a passenger , evolution driving schoool instuctor and 4th gen hotshoe Bruce Bellom and ran a 50.2 after a debrief ran the 3rd run let the car be really free and was rewarded with a 47.2 Last run of the 1st heat I get a 47.0 for 2nd in the class. The 2nd heat i needed to find 3 tenths to catch first , but the weather started to cool off and the grip went with the warm temps so im stuck in 2nd in class. the fastest steet car was my buddy don and his 300hp turbo miata. he ran 45.6

2MCHPWR
05-25-2008, 09:00 PM
congrats. 3 second gain between runs is huge. Don is great but Ed got the FTD in Don's miata. that car must rip. those guys are great drivers too.

Blacdout96
05-28-2008, 08:26 PM
AHHHHH I wanted to go, but that was the day of my best friends wedding, and being the best man, I cant miss it. I think I might just hold off until either september, or next year, cause i really want to get my car in order when I go race F class again, I mean I took an almost stock car last year up against souped up toyota MR-2's, o I want to make sure my presence is clear when i go out next time

198esp1
05-28-2008, 11:22 PM
almost stock is a great place to start racing as you do more mods you get to learn what your car likes and needs. dont wait get out now. you need lots of seat time to get good at this. unless you get seat time i could stick you in a c5r and you still might finish dfl in your class. And lets face it a f-body isnt as easy as a miata to get through the cones. just ask some of the members on this board. just have a open mind, and people will help, look for fast people to walk the course with. and ride with you. most of all just have fun

EchoMirage
05-29-2008, 08:59 AM
theres another friday afternoon run on june 6. short notice, but just letting you know. they said they added 5 dates between august and sept., but dont know when yet. damn well better be mostly sunday/saturday runs though. see if you can make it up to a few. dont wait till next year.

Blacdout96
05-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I will defiantly try. And yopu are definantly right 198, our F-bodies, compared to smaller, lighter cars are hars to carve around a cone comparedto them, so I just wantto try my best out there, and have fun. And I do needto get some more seat time, maybe go up to my one local mall, that always has an open lot in the back, maybe grab some cones and see how the car feels, and what needs to get adjusted.