PDA

View Full Version : Road course free @ Etown

EchoMirage
06-01-2008, 09:36 PM
this weekend, fri-sat-sun, e-town is opening up its road course free to the public. just show up and drive. check it out on their site.

racewaypark.com

click road course on the left.

anyone up to going. its free....

qwikz28
06-01-2008, 10:33 PM
hmmm... if i can get my buddy in his miata to go i might be down

Blacdout96
06-01-2008, 10:40 PM
IM IN!!!!!!! Get a little seat time this year. better then nothing. Hey if we can get a few guys to go there. I think even though this is a roadcourse thread, I think one should be posted in teh lounge to be viewed more.

EchoMirage
06-02-2008, 07:21 AM
i tried that before, justin kept moving it. there arent many people into road racing here. we'll see what happens.

exarkun1178
06-02-2008, 09:51 AM
ill be there at some point. not sure how much time we each get, its going to be crazy busy. i believe its limited to 250 cars per day. friday is prob the better day, but then there is an auto x all day.

//<86TA>\\
06-03-2008, 08:29 PM
i would love to go, but im going to be busy, and may not even have my car back yet:cry:
________
Vaporizer guide (http://howtomakeavaporizer.info/)

Blacdout96
06-06-2008, 05:30 PM
So did anyone go today? Im goign tomarrow. I wantedto put my Eibachs in, but non of my others parts even arrived, so I put all the stock parts ( yes even my crappy old stuts) back in. Im not goign to race hard, I just want toturn a few laps and have a good time out there....plus it gives me a reason to wear my firesuit haha :p So whos gonna go tomarrow with me? im leaving my house around 6 am to get there to make sure I can get in.

2MCHPWR
06-07-2008, 07:19 AM
i'm gonna go about noon today. its gonna be super hot.

EchoMirage
06-07-2008, 08:47 AM
let us know what its like. as in how many runs do you get, can you go fast, need a helmet, etc....

Blacdout96
06-07-2008, 02:24 PM
I just got back, 2much was there ,but I left before i could see him make any runs. Im burn t to a crisp, but damn was that worht it. Its a technical track more then a high speed track. In my second run, my tires heated up too much and I lost grip, and then my brakes faded away, so I was goign into corners sorta sideways. I love my posi rear, what a huge difference. I wanted to make more runs, but the auto trans in my car started to make a whine above 3K, so I said ill come back with a more "applicable car" for there. Its a nice track, I hope they have open nights, cause in sure a few times a summer ill be going up there to run.

2MCHPWR
06-07-2008, 03:11 PM
i instructed like 3 people. at the end, we had it to ourselves. only like 4 instructors. the car felt great even though it was on street tires. videos tonight.
the track is interesting. like a big autocross. too many places to hit a wall. big dip in pavement at the end of the straight. every single turn is a late apex. very very very late apex. but any day on a track is a good day!

EchoMirage
06-07-2008, 05:48 PM
how many people were there. how many runs could you make. as many as you wanted, or are you limited.

2MCHPWR
06-07-2008, 09:08 PM
if you didn't mind waiting an hour between a session (10 minute session approx) you could go 2 or 3 times as I saw a few people do.
i don't know how many people did it but at 2pm they closed it down.

198esp1
06-07-2008, 10:02 PM
sounds like you had a good time scott, would have been there but the wife and i had a little girl on monday 7lbs 1oz Im going to take a couple weeks off , put a set of 3;73s in and go from there. hows the new job going.

Tru2Chevy
06-07-2008, 10:06 PM
would have been there but the wife and i had a little girl on monday 7lbs 1oz

Congrats!

- Justin

2MCHPWR
06-08-2008, 06:27 AM
congrats man! awesome. get ready for no sleep :)

198esp1
06-08-2008, 08:29 PM
so far not to bad she is sleeping pretty good. Im still out of work from knee surgery for a while. so lack of sleep isnt a problem.

Blacdout96
06-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I went, did 2 runs, but was getting afraid of the trans cause of how hot it was getting out it started to whine a little, but went away after sitting for a day, also my brakes were fading cause my tires heated up too much and I started slidng a little, so I had to use more brake, so I need to get Corvette brakes on the front, with better rotors, and if I ever get lucky, a nice set of D.O.T. slicksto do some runs there. 2mch, that was my only prob there was the late apexing, it did feel like a big auto X track ,adn I really want to go again soon. Im a little disappointed that I didnt see anybody else show up really. through mid day the lines got really short and I wish I did one more run.The track needs a good sweeping job done to it from some of the dirt on the straight. maybe sometime towards September when it cools own a little, Id like to get a maat there and do some runs there again.

EchoMirage
06-10-2008, 08:16 AM
i went sunday, ran twice. horendously hot. wound up totally cooking my brakes. met a hot girl though. if youre interested -jeffery- the guy mentioned theyll be opening up track days with a drivers school. $125 for a 6hr day, getting your beginner license and allowing you to attend track days there. if there is enough attendance, theyll be repaving the entire course this winter. if all still goes well, theyll be taking over the motox track, and expanding into a 3 mile course. $125 for 6hrs, limited to 50 cars......one of the best track deals ive heard of yet.

Blacdout96
06-10-2008, 04:02 PM
You bet ill sign up for that, but when would they be looking to start that? and what kind of license/ i have my competition from skip barber, but the more licenses the merrier lol

Tru2Chevy
06-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a "This allows you to race on our track" kinda license....

- Justin

EchoMirage
06-10-2008, 05:37 PM
it is 'this allows you......' kind of license. but ANY license from a real driving school will be accepted. your barber one will do just fine. but to get their card, its also another day of instruction. they will also have different grades of licenses: beginner/green, intermediate/blue&white, advanced/red.

no idea on when. id hope soon, given the turnout they had for the free weekend. if you signed up for their emails, they should let you know. if not, keep checking their site.