PDA

View Full Version : Question for the moderators...

shortieee
07-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey
I was just wondering (since I know certain forums have certain "rules") if this was one of those web forums in which I am NOT allowed to post a URL link in my signature.

Its not to promote anything other than a race team...Its a brief profile from Myspace on the team. Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Thank You!
:twisted: shortieee

BonzoHansen
07-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Not sure that has ever been asked. You can as long as it w/i general reason based on forum guidelines. No adult sites, no drugs, no street racing, no hate/racial speech. If it is to a forum that allows those topics to be discussed, that is usually fine. So your MySpace is fine, as long as its primary theme (I guess that’s the right term) is not one of those.

I'm sure Justin (the man in charge) will chime in on this when he sees it.

I don’t remember anyone having a questionable link in the past. But now that I have said that we’ll probably have 10 issues in the next 3 hours, lol.

sweetbmxrider
07-14-2008, 02:38 PM
fyi ur first link doesn't work...for me at least

Tru2Chevy
07-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Yup, the myspace link to DSM is fine - just know that we don't allow any street racing discussion on our site.

- Justin

shortieee
07-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Ok, thats cool. I can respect that. (I guess) ;)
Nah, just kidding. I can keep it to a non exsistent level (street racing topic) There are other forums I'm registered on that will allow that as well as PM that can be used for further discussion so it's not to seem as though your site promotes any of that.

Also, BONZO, you'd be amazed at some of the forums I've been on that haven't allowed URL links in signatures. Especially promoting other websites. The DSM is just for those who are interested in taking a look at some of the cars in the camp, I run the myspace for them so I figured it's the least I could do cause I'm not sure how many of them are actually on this site. But other than that, my myspace is harmless...

Nd one more thing before I wrap this up, sweetbmxrider - it's not working at all or is it just saying it's a private page? 'Cause I've set it to private so you'd have to hit Add Me in order to view it. I think someone already requested me from on here... [shrugs]

WildBillyT
07-15-2008, 09:10 AM
shortiee-

Error 404 on that page.

GrandmasterCow
07-15-2008, 09:56 AM
404 error also

shortieee
07-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Ok, one second, ill try nd fix it.

shortieee
07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
My URL: myspace.com/hotlikehell

WildBillyT
07-15-2008, 10:34 AM
My URL: myspace.com/hotlikehell

That link was working. The other one was the 404.