PDA

View Full Version : two speakers arent working...

madness410
07-25-2008, 11:36 PM
two speakers on my civic are wierd, the driver side speakers dont work at all, the passenger side does perfectly. i checked all the wiring everything seems to be in working order. my headunit is kind of old...i wonder if that has something to do with it? anybody else had their problem with any of their cars?

deadtrend1
07-26-2008, 09:34 AM
left channel of the headunit might have gone bad. Is it a aftermarket radio?

Jersyboyy
07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
maybe you blew the speaker itself. Swap the speakers out or try another headunit.

madness410
07-30-2008, 08:07 PM
left channel of the headunit might have gone bad. Is it a aftermarket radio?

yeah it is an aftermarket alpine unit. the headunit itself is over 3 years old so im thinking thats the problem.

Tru2Chevy
07-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Pull the headunit out and swap the L & R speaker wires, then try again. If the driver's side works fine and the pass. side doesn't, then you know it's a headunit issue.

Also - this may be a dumb question, but did you check to make sure the balance didn't get adjusted on the headunit?

- Justin

madness410
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
Pull the headunit out and swap the L & R speaker wires, then try again. If the driver's side works fine and the pass. side doesn't, then you know it's a headunit issue.

Also - this may be a dumb question, but did you check to make sure the balance didn't get adjusted on the headunit?

- Justin

ok justin ill be sure to check that out tomorrow. thank you for your input. yeah that was the first thing i made sure of. if i balance it to the right i hear all the noise...if i balance it left..the side where the speakers arent working...i hear nothing.

Stevoone
07-31-2008, 10:45 AM
If you just want to test it I have 2 stock Honda radios somewhere in the garage. I think they were both from 1995 civics. I was getting ready to trash them, if you want to try it before you buy a new headunit or speakers let me know.