PDA

View Full Version : NJMP Lightning Circuit -Track day....

1QWIKBIRD
08-25-2008, 06:20 AM
I went Sunday with the NNJR SCCA down to the new track and got the opportunity to run on the Lightning Circuit in mini PDX event, Three 20 minute sessions with classroom instruction between each one. It was my first track day event, and I had a great time. My instructor was American Sedan series driver Rob, who races a 3rd gen and happened to be racing yesterday. That cool to see his car and pic his brain, and because our cars are kind of, sort of, similar (RWD, heavy, decent HP) his experience translated very well to my car. I have some in car video, that I'll post up later.

I highly recommend getting down there and getting out on track. It was a blast.

Chris

ins0mnia24
08-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Yeh I dont see why his experiences would be any different than what you experience in your car the chassis and suspension concept was used for 20 years..
Was he from P.a.? because there is a guy that races a 3rd gen Pontiac that seems to be creating alot of buzz over there..
I can hear the cars and smell the tires burning from my house on the weekends

1QWIKBIRD
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeh I dont see why his experiences would be any different than what you experience in your car the chassis and suspension concept was used for 20 years..
Was he from P.a.? because there is a guy that races a 3rd gen Pontiac that seems to be creating alot of buzz over there..
I can hear the cars and smell the tires burning from my house on the weekends

He lives in PA, somehwere just over river Levittown, Bristol, Lower Bucks?

Chris

ins0mnia24
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Sounds like the guy he also won the 1st race of his series there on opening weekend or something..
But from the aticle in the paper here it sounded like even Gm had interest in him

Demonicbird00
08-30-2008, 12:22 PM
i was on the track last tues for testing. see my post about raing there next weekend in karts

what were your lap times?

were gonna be in the 1:10 range

-brandon

1QWIKBIRD
08-30-2008, 03:30 PM
i was on the track last tues for testing. see my post about raing there next weekend in karts

what were your lap times?

were gonna be in the 1:10 range

-brandon

I have no idea what my lap times were, because we were not being timed. They so its so people don't become consumed with the times, overdrive their car and end up in bad situation. This makes sense to me because it was my first time on a track, although I am curious what the times were. I feel same saying we were not in the 1:10 range, probably closer to 1:30-1:40 maybe??

I glanced over the karting thread before, but assumed it was rental karts on the karting track. Definitely not the case. 140mph?? in a kart, that's not for the timid by any means. Be safe, if time permits I'll try and get down there. That be very interesting to see the line a kart can take versus the line a car takes on a same track.

Chris

Demonicbird00
08-31-2008, 09:05 AM
we run the same line just faster, im gonna be hitting around 120 on the straight

if you know your gonna comdown pm me and ill give you my nmber so that you can call me oce you get o the track