PDA

View Full Version : new guy from nastyz28

73fbody
08-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Have been on the second gen site for a long time and a guy at work told me about this site.
My user is driftwood on nastyz28.com.
I have a 1973 camaro in the garage waiting for a more modern suspension and driveline.Parts I already have... but not the $$ for the chassis/frame needed for conversion.
Meanwhile, I picked up a 1980 for the street/strip that I can have fun with now.Ran 14 flat at 95 when I got it. Now after removing almost 400 pounds and giving it a tune up, I just hit 12.86 at 103.
Couple more things to do before parking it to pull the motor and drop in a new heart over the winter.
Joe

BonzoHansen
08-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Welcome!

Where you at Joe?

WildBillyT
08-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Hey, I remember you! I think I bought some parts from you a while back. Welcome!

Bonzo, I think he's in Glen Gardner.

baddest434
08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
hey welcome joe

Tru2Chevy
08-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Welcome to the club Joe!

BTW - I just saw your email a few minutes ago, but obviously you got everything taken care of :)

- Justin

SteveR
08-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Welcome!

79CamaroDiva
08-26-2008, 05:50 PM
hey joe! :wavey:

steve, this is the joe we gave a ride home to at the 1st bbq :)

maroman88
08-26-2008, 06:04 PM
welcome!

Anti_Rice_Guy
08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Welcome, if you're in Glen Gardner you're going to have to cruise with the local crew we have going!

2RARE84s
08-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Welcome! :welcome:

sweetbmxrider
08-26-2008, 09:21 PM
:welcome: sounds like some sweet projects goin on! glad you joined the crew!!

chrisfrom nj
08-26-2008, 10:47 PM
welcome

BigRocsFirebird
08-27-2008, 12:07 AM
welcome

98CamaroSS
08-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Welcome. Your 73 sounds like a sweet ride. :nod:

SteveR
08-27-2008, 11:33 PM
hey joe! :wavey:

steve, this is the joe we gave a ride home to at the 1st bbq :)

ohhhh ok :)

Knipps
08-28-2008, 12:06 AM
:welcome:

73fbody
08-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Hey, I remember you! I think I bought some parts from you a while back. Welcome!

Bonzo, I think he's in Glen Gardner.

Hey Bill,yeah it's me, but now I live in Washington. Wanted to be closer to the track:wink:

And thanks again for the ride Melissa & Steve, car runs much better now that I replaced the starter with a mini and a new starter cable. How's your's coming?

Joe

79CamaroDiva
08-30-2008, 06:00 PM
And thanks again for the ride Melissa & Steve, car runs much better now that I replaced the starter with a mini and a new starter cable. How's your's coming?

he's actually starting a nifty little project with one of my 81s soon. first posts about that should be coming soon i think :)

73fbody
08-30-2008, 06:31 PM
he's actually starting a nifty little project with one of my 81s soon. first posts about that should be coming soon i think :)

Well, I put it on a diet and lost about 400 pounds so that always helps.
I just put a set of MT skinnies on the front and a Pypes stainless 2.5" kit with x-pipe.
In process of installing a Deka ETX20 sealed battery.Little thing only weighs about 15 pounds and cranks over far better than the recently installed AC Delco 34 pound battery.Just have to finish the new tray/hold down.
I'd like to get into 11's or 12.0 before parking to start engine swap for the winter. Hopefully it will be easier to sell the motor running the lower ET's.
I have a GM L92 6.2 liter all aluminum engine sitting patiently waiting to go in. They are rated at 400 horse stock, not to mention the further weight savings over the current iron headed 355 that's in there.
Oh, I also just traded for a set of Comp Engineering Slide a links in case I run into traction problems.
Hope to make it up there next friday and see what the new changes bring.

Joe

Ian
08-30-2008, 07:36 PM
welcome to the site :)

you're car sounds awesome!

73fbody
08-30-2008, 08:15 PM
welcome to the site :)

you're car sounds awesome!

Thanks, you still have the 79 for sale? A friend had shown me this site about the time you originally posted it and I tried to register, but then got caught in other things. Would still like to check it out if available, could use some parts for my 80.
Sent you a PM.
Joe

BonzoHansen
08-31-2008, 09:07 PM
How do you like that Pypes stainless 2.5" kit with x-pipe?

ar0ck
08-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the club!

73fbody
09-01-2008, 05:52 AM
How do you like that Pypes stainless 2.5" kit with x-pipe?

Well, it was a kit for second gen w/ BBC and exhaust manifolds so I had to add a small piece to each of the pieces that go from the X to the headers. I also used a different hanger for the mufflers to pull the exhaust closer to the floor and move the mufflers further forward on the car. It was a Super Chevy score that saved me some $$ so I figured there would be some finessing.
It was a pretty smooth install, I was able to do it in my driveway in a day by myself. I would recommend it, just order the appropriate kit and it should make it that much easier.
I like it alot, very subtle under normal driving and at idle. I didn't want to aggressive/obnoxiuos as I have already been down that road with the law.

Joe

rscamaro73
09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Howdy fella ;)

I'm over here too :)

(sometimes)

I'm thinking I MIGHT wanna look into stepping down to a 2.5" exhaust kit rather than 3"...it'll give me a tad bit more clearance...more low end grunt...and maybe fit better if I get a pipes w/ Xpipe kit....maybe just do some adapters to my 3" mufflers :mrgreen:.....then tail pipes out to the back.

Right now it ends at the back of the mufflers (no turn downs). Still scrapes and its as tight as I can get it to the floor.

BAND CLAMPS are my next BIG investment (that and some anti sieze on the pipes). 8-)

Hook it up !!!!! (post pix)

73fbody
09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Howdy fella ;)

I'm over here too :)

(sometimes)

I'm thinking I MIGHT wanna look into stepping down to a 2.5" exhaust kit rather than 3"...it'll give me a tad bit more clearance...more low end grunt...and maybe fit better if I get a pipes w/ Xpipe kit....maybe just do some adapters to my 3" mufflers :mrgreen:.....then tail pipes out to the back.

Right now it ends at the back of the mufflers (no turn downs). Still scrapes and its as tight as I can get it to the floor.

BAND CLAMPS are my next BIG investment (that and some anti sieze on the pipes). 8-)

Hook it up !!!!! (post pix)

I think you would find some low end torque going to 2.5 exhaust, but not really enough clearance to be significant.The Pypes system has tons of clearance if you take the time during the install to set it up properly. Right now , my headers are the limiting factor as I would have to had "tweaked/forced" the exhuast to go higher than the header collectors.Very recommended kit :nod:
I definitely wouldn't keep 3" mufflers if you run 2.5" pipes as you will only flow as much as the smallest component(pipes in this case) could handle.

Right now my cars has a hideous stance with a saggy rear and nose bleed front but the exhaust still hasn't scrape...yet. Of course with the skinnies up front, I don't drive too radical on the street, except from a stop:mrgreen:

If you can host pictures, or someone else can, I will try to get some this week from the side and hopefully on a lift.

Joe

sweetbmxrider
09-01-2008, 10:54 PM
If you can host pictures, or someone else can, I will try to get some this week from the side and hopefully on a lift.
http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu :wink: