PDA

View Full Version : SLP C.A.I. chute, OEM Y3F rear valance & Craftsman thin profile 60 tooth Ratchets

ins0mnia24
09-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I have a used SLP 1998-2002 F-body V8 & V6 C.A.I chute in perfect condition no dents,dings or Rust because it is made out of 304 Stainless steel.
Instructions, paperwork and 2 Marine grade stainless steel screws included. I used this in conjuction with the bottom SSRA kit But I have been doing some weight reduction and I am now using the ABS Plastic version..
$75
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5033/slpkitre8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)[/IMG]

I also have a GM 1998-2002 OEM Y3F Sport Appearance package Rear Valance for a Camaro, Bright Red with hardware.
$100

I have a Craftsman 3-piece 1/4" , 3/8" & 1/2' Thin profile Ratchet set
Never used still sitting in the packaging friend of the family gave them to me for Christmas last year and now I have my Snap On tools so I have no need for them ..
They are 60 tooth gears 6 degree swing to operate in confined area's
with Quick release button and reverse lever for easy operation, Paint brush style Handles..
They retail for $99.99
$50 takes them.

And I also have a Craftsman Professional 12 Piece Ratcheting Magnetic Screw driver set
Super High Torque Hi-tech Multi position Screw driver with 9 bits and 1/4in
adapter
Ergonomic, Multi postion handle, Quick change versatlity
Includes 3 slotted bits, 3 phillips bits, 3 nut driver bits,
1/4 in drive adapter and a handy bit holder..
Still Brand new in the packaging never used it has sat in the bottom of my tool box for 3 years..
I dont even think they make it anymore but this isnt the crappy $20 Version that Sears sells..
This one has more gear teeth and a smoother operation never had a need it for because I have always had a Snap-On one.
$20

Pictures will be available Monday if needed

NJ346
09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm interested in the SLP CAI, just I'm a little confused at what your actually selling. Is it the full kit from slp(minus the lid and filter), or is there a scoop missing that goes on the bottom?

ins0mnia24
09-05-2008, 11:37 PM
The kit that comes with the Lid, filter, Bellows and C.a.i. kit would be the Flo-pack

This is the actual Cold Air Induction piece it is a 304 Stainless steel Duct, scoop that gets installed underneath your Radiator shroud/ Air filter base to draw cold air in from in front of your Radiator..
It will drop right in where you made the cut out for your Free Ram Air.

NJ346
09-06-2008, 08:39 AM
So your pretty much selling this(what I was trying to explain before) http://www.byunspeed.com/product_info.php?cPath=2902_2557_2558&products_id=126&osCsid=2d72bf7987cb10cecefc280898c8decd. Did you really notice any difference without using it along side something with a SSRA kit or you always had the two kits together? I didn't realize the slp kit didn't have a scoop on the bottom to guide air up the chute. I'm gonna go do some research on it later on tonight on tech(heading out to work now) and I'll get back to you tonight if I want it.

ins0mnia24
09-07-2008, 11:22 AM
At a minimum you want to atleast use the upper duct piece regardless if it is SLP,FTRA or Whisper to isolate the air entering your engine from the radiator heat.
The extra flat lower piece that comes with FTRA is useless..
I prefer using the SSRA bottom piece because my I.A.T sensor readings show lower temps and the temps get colder faster..
As for seat of pants feel no you dont feel any difference between using the bottom SSRA extension or just using the upper duct piece..

NJ346
09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
ok, I really wasn't looking for any seat of the pants feeling anyway, I'm just looking for that little something at the track to knock my times down a tenth or two. What's the lowest you'll go on the chute?

ins0mnia24
09-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I have always had this kit even before I went head/cam
So I don't really know from actual experience what it would gain on your bolt on car..
My 2 friends down here both has SS's and I got them to delete and block off their hoods..
And my 1 friend gained 1.7-8 tenths and 2 Mph in the 1/4 Mile with it even on a hotter day than his previous best but this is also a Head/cam car..
As for the lowest I am going is $75 if it doesnt sell here in a week or so then it is going on ebay for the same price..
I know they still retail for $120-130

PolarBear
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I have a Craftsman 3-piece 1/4" , 3/8" & 1/2' Thin profile Ratchet set
Never used still sitting in the packaging friend of the family gave them to me for Christmas last year and now I have my Snap On tools so I have no need for them ..
They are 60 tooth gears 6 degree swing to operate in confined area's
with Quick release button and reverse lever for easy operation, Paint brush style Handles..
They retail for $99.99
$50 takes them.

You have a part number for the set?

ins0mnia24
09-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Professional Fully polished Thin profile rachet #944993 They have a laser etched 80th Anvers on them.
They are the same exact Ratchet set as #944992
Except last Christmas Craftsman replaced the #944992 set and put the 80th etch on them which is why only the last number on each set is different..
Their great Ratchets they are actually better than my Snap-On ratchets except I dont use them either I have a set of Proto Industrial Ratchets with the speeder disks on them for hand tightening

ins0mnia24
09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Bump
Picture of the SLP c.a.i kit added..
The ratchets are on hold for a member