PDA

View Full Version : Got some New Stereo wiring :)

Jersyboyy
09-12-2008, 02:06 AM
Yup So I ordered all new wiring for the camaro tonight.

4 gauge wire to a 140 amp circuit breaker then some more 4 gauge going to a purdy dist block-4 gauge from the dist block all the way back to the amp with 4 gauge for the ground wire.

10 gauge from the dist block feeds the radio,and some more 10 gauge for my horn(push button horn) and 10 gauge wiring from the dist block for my low/high beams(wired to an rocker switch in the center console) then to the headlights(soon H I D'S).

I also have gold plated battery terminals that accept 4 gauge and 2 8 gauge wires each, with plastic covers.
The new 4 gauge will be used to upgrade the current ground wire as well as the wire to the starter.

I also got 12 gauge speaker wire for the amp-subs, and the head-unit to front speakers.

I guess you guys probally dont care, but Im happy with my purchase got a spanking good deal too.

TheBandit
09-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Big 3 i see? or at least two of them? Smart choice. How bigs the amp your running? And how bigs the wire? Too early for me to comprehend reading.

Jersyboyy
09-12-2008, 11:04 AM
na my battery wires and grounds were all already 4 gauge. Ill consider it upgrading the big three when I go up to 0 gauge :evil:
But you did make me realize I should upgrade my alt power wire.

I just got upgraded ALL the wiring to 4 gauge, and its purdy wiring too.

Haha right now im running a mtx 2 channel 150? watt amp, i have two 10's running off one bridged channel off that amp. It has made my windows shake my rearview,shakeoff and my side views go completely out of adjustment.

Yes im looking to upgrade tho.

sweetbmxrider
09-12-2008, 03:32 PM
i was gunna mention the alternator. good sheit though. hope it all goes smooth and you make it look a very nice!

TheBandit
09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I wasn't paying attention i saw that you said something about battery wires and assumed you went with a thicker gauge. I was gonna say you can have the seven feet of 0 awg i have laying around but i forgot i just left it in my old car and sold it :/.

Jersyboyy
09-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Damn that would have been sweet, then I really could have done the big 3. O well I think I can live with 4 gauge for awhile.
btw guys hifisoundconnection.com is the best place for audio equipment esp wiring, so cheap love it.
Ill post pictures when I install everything.

TheBandit
09-13-2008, 08:39 AM
With your setup now you shouldn't need the big 3 just yet. Lol i was pushing about 800-900 watts on my 86 t/a's stock electrical system

Jersyboyy
09-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Yea my subs can handle 350 rms and 800 peak each.
That means a nasty 1800 watt max amp pushing 300 rms each channel at 2 ohms is far overdue.
At that point I will finally get an amp for the interior speakers 4 x 100 watts, I think that justifies the need for the big three.

TheBandit
09-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Yeah it would help your car hold 14 volts. LOL i used to crank mine at night and have the voltage dipping down by 9-10 :D thank god i sold that car.

Jersyboyy
09-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Gotta love the inferior thirdgen!