PDA

View Full Version : New Tools FTW

HardcoreZ28
09-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Just picked up one of those handheld spot welders last week to use in the shop. I had a brand new cowl for a Mustang I've been working on that needed to be welded in and figured this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out.

By far one of the best tool purchases I've made in a while. All the welds were perfect, look stock, and there's no finishing required, unlike if I had MIG'd it in.

Paid $150 used off a guy on Craigslist and highly recommend to anyone doing a lot of panel replacement where one of these would fit. Oh....and this is a 230V unit....I'd recommend it over a lesser voltage one in case you have any areas where 3 panels overlap.

ZeroCool8891
09-16-2008, 05:39 PM
nice good deal bro.

Z28Justin
09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
hell yea i just got one 3 weeks ago, no more risking burning through thin panels with the tig.

ta350
10-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Just picked up one of those handheld spot welders last week to use in the shop. I had a brand new cowl for a Mustang I've been working on that needed to be welded in and figured this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out.

By far one of the best tool purchases I've made in a while. All the welds were perfect, look stock, and there's no finishing required, unlike if I had MIG'd it in.

Paid $150 used off a guy on Craigslist and highly recommend to anyone doing a lot of panel replacement where one of these would fit. Oh....and this is a 230V unit....I'd recommend it over a lesser voltage one in case you have any areas where 3 panels overlap.

they are such a valuable tool.... makes dings in quarters a breeze