PDA

View Full Version : F/S 1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3

Savage_Messiah
09-27-2008, 05:26 PM
1987 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3. Gas, automatic, 166500 miles. Yes yes the car has been in an accident

Tan exterior, red interior.

Exterior is in rough shape - decent damage to the front right corner (lights all work but housings are broken... I have replacements, just haven't had the time to put them on), other dents along the body

Interior - Flaws: headliner coming undone above the drivers door, 2 dash cracks / a damaged vent bezel, outside temp. display doesn't work, nets on the back of the seats are ripped off, and the rear left window motor is dead.
Pros: Leather in great shape, power seats work flawlessly, other 3 windows and sunroof work perfectly.

Mechanical: blower motor is on its way out, engine is real noisy (don't know what or why), and when switching into/out of park reverse and drive the engine stumbles and tries to stall, but then comes right back up to idle. Don't know why, haven't had the time to look, my guess is that it's as simple as an accessory dying and its pulley locking up but that's just my guess. Heat padding under the hood is mostly off... whatever. Normal highway rock chip in a taillight. Rotors are pretty warped, I have 4 brand new raybestos pads and brembo rotors I paid $250 for but never got around to putting them on because the brakes to me personally aren't that bad and stop the car fine, the leg massage doesn't bother me lol. Trans shifts a little hard, but firm, no slipping that I've felt.

The car gets me around fine every day,

Water pump replaced right before I got the car (March 07), alternator replaced within the past 6 months (can't remember the exact date, I have the paperwork from it around somewhere), tires still have decent tread on them.

Pics and any other details I remember to come soon... tomorrow most likely

asking $1000, OBO

Selling it in favor of something with better gas milage. If it wasn't for that I'd keep it and fix everything up, because I have a real strong feeling it's just small stupid stuff wrong with it... but all my car time is going into my Camaro so I don't really feel like fixing this one.