PDA

View Full Version : ***NHRA Check Scam***

mc73nova
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
NHRA would like to make its members, fans, and the general public aware of a fraudulent act against NHRA . NHRA has learned that consumers are receiving a letter indicating they are a lucky winner of an unclaimed cash prize. Included with the letter is what appears to be, but is not, a check from NHRA. Further, the letter asks to call a number.

Do not call the number. Disregard the letter and check. This is a SCAM that could expose the unsuspecting consumer's financial information and could result in financial harm.

Please disregard any correspondences from "NHRA Financials" and immediately send an email to fraud@nhra.com so we can forward to the appropriate legal authorities.

79CamaroDiva
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
ha, wow. i haven't heard about that, nor gotten the email from NHRA about it. i'll have to see if bob lang heard of it, if not, he can get the email out to all the tracks.

SteveR
10-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I haven't heard of that one, but I did hear of this one:

"BEWARE NHRA RACERS!!!

There's a new scam going around. Racers are reporting receiving fliers in the mail about "big money races" and "huge cash payouts" but at the end of the weekend reporting their bank accounts empty!!!"

:lol:

79CamaroDiva
10-06-2008, 08:43 PM
I haven't heard of that one, but I did hear of this one:

"BEWARE NHRA RACERS!!!

There's a new scam going around. Racers are reporting receiving fliers in the mail about "big money races" and "huge cash payouts" but at the end of the weekend reporting their bank accounts empty!!!"

:lol:

:banghead:

Knipps
10-06-2008, 09:33 PM
NHRA has learned that consumers are receiving a letter indicating they are a lucky winner of an unclaimed cash prize.

who hasn't heard that one before?

SteveR
10-07-2008, 12:55 AM
:banghead:

c'mon, that was a little funny :lol:

79CamaroDiva
10-07-2008, 03:41 PM
c'mon, that was a little funny :lol:

sure, when you haven't been one of those scammed....

GP99GT
10-07-2008, 04:02 PM
on the NHRA website:

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/33174.htm

NHRA today became aware of a scam where individuals are receiving letters from "NHRA Financials" stating they are a lucky winner of an unclaimed cash prize. Enclosed with the letter is what appears to be, but is not, a check from NHRA.
The letter asks the recipient to call a number. Do not call the number and disregard the letter and check. This is a SCAM that we have been advised by police could expose the unsuspecting consumer's financial information which could result in financial harm.
Although NHRA's name is used in this scam, NHRA has no reason to believe that its records were compromised. Please disregard any correspondence from "NHRA Financials." If you received one of these letters, it would help in the investigation if you would send an email with your name and contact information to fraud@nhra.com so we can forward the information to law enforcement.