PDA

View Full Version : I neeed a good but cheap paint

CivicEaterLT1
10-14-2008, 10:02 AM
i need either the back and front bumpers done or whole car. can someone throw me out like a ball park price

HardcoreZ28
10-14-2008, 10:45 AM
i need either the back and front bumpers done or whole car. can someone throw me out like a ball park price

No such thing as good cheap paint work. Good materials aren't cheap to begin with and good labor isn't either. If your bumpers are in good shape and don't need any repairs you can expect to pay $250-$300 a piece probably.

As for a total repaint it depends on the overall shape of the body, condition of the current paint, if door jambs and trunk lip will be done, etc. To get a nice paint job expect to pay anywhere from $6-$9k for a car that has no rust issues. That's using good materials and assuming a great driver quality/show quality finish on a newer car with minimal bodywork necessary.

Just to give you a comparison, an older musclecar with rust repair, major bodywork, etc can run upwards of $15-$20k for a show quality paint job....sometimes more.

Slo86Bird
10-14-2008, 10:48 AM
rattle can.

NJSPEEDER
10-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Paul is right, body work and paint is one place that cheap and good definitely don't go together.

There is no sense in doing a patchwork job to your car if all you have is a few spider webs or little blemishes. Buff it out and get yourself a little touch up paint if you want to cover up the most noticable spots, but save up for a real paint job and do the whole car.

Paul, RPM Resto and Custom, is also one of our club sponsors and you will find that his prices are highly competitive and his work is second to none.

-Tim

karr95
10-14-2008, 03:05 PM
If you want to get your car painted cheap Maaco is an option. I have used them several times and I have never had a problem. If you spring for their Supreme paint service it will run you about $500 ish and it is warrantied for 4 years. I just got my little Toyota back about 2 months ago from them, it looks perfect.

CivicEaterLT1
10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
macco does whole car for around 500?

Knipps
10-14-2008, 08:58 PM
macco does whole car for around 500?

sure if you want them to use watercolors and not sand anything

Anti_Rice_Guy
10-14-2008, 09:05 PM

*pictures 3 year olds in smocks like art class painting cars* :rofl:

CivicEaterLT1
10-14-2008, 10:25 PM
damn im screwed lol. i cant put alot into the job lol

NJ Torque
10-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Unfortunitly, paint is one of those things that you get what you paid for...

I'm no paint man by far, but I'm sure I can shoot your stuff for you if you bought the supplys and dessaembled everything.

karr95
10-15-2008, 07:44 AM
My GTA was a mess when I brought it there, paint was pealing, chipping off, and spoiler looked like it had veins running through it. I know the guy pretty well at the Toms River Maaco, they do good work there. When I got the car back the paint looked perfect, like a sheet of glass. The only place I was able to see any orange peel was under the spoiler since they didn't take it off to paint it. For $500 for the entire car IMO is worth it.

If you like shoot me your email address, I can send you a few pics of my old GTA and my Toyota.

Frosty
10-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Each Maaco is independently owned and each owner can use whatever materials they want(for the most part) which is why one Maaco might actually look decent and the one in the next town over will look like complete ass.

To the OP-No body guy/painter/shop will throw out any figure without seeing the car first....or at least no shop with half a clue will quote a price sight unseen.

maroman88
10-16-2008, 06:15 PM
my 88 was painted at macco in saddle brook a few years before i bought it.... in 2002. now most of the car has been repainted due to minor accidents lol, but the few spots that are still macco paint are just begining to thin out, 6+ years later and its never been in a garage

The Fixer
10-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I had my old '86 Cutlass painted by Maaco on Tonnelle Ave in N. Bergen. I got one of the up-level paint jobs, and they stripped most of it to bare metal, fixed the dents/dings, primed, and painted/cleared it for right around $1K out the door. Here's a pic -

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/TPIMonteSS/oldCutlass.jpg

MonmouthCtyAntz
11-13-2008, 09:32 AM
yea i looked into a few down here in sth jerz and I think their paint jobs start at 275.00 .

Jersyboyy
11-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I heard maacos got some 150 dollar deal going on during the winter at some locations, bet their high end paint is discounted too.

MonmouthCtyAntz
11-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I heard maacos got some 150 dollar deal going on during the winter at some locations, bet their high end paint is discounted too.

My paints not bad but ill probably get a coat before it starts to get nice again so i can be blingin :mrgreen:

SamhainZ28
11-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Unfortunitly, paint is one of those things that you get what you paid for...

I'm no paint man by far, but I'm sure I can shoot your stuff for you if you bought the supplys and dessaembled everything.

I've seen your work lol, i wouldn't let you paint a fence

NJ Torque
11-14-2008, 08:02 PM

Hey Jitbag, you never saw the feiro when i was done.

FIcamaroRE92
11-14-2008, 08:22 PM

not to mention all the over-spray form not masking it right.:wink:

SamhainZ28
11-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey Jitbag, you never saw the feiro when i was done.

correction, i've never seen the fiero

MonmouthCtyAntz
11-18-2008, 06:44 AM

:mrgreen::rofl: