PDA

View Full Version : island dragway traction!!

camaroAL
11-11-2008, 07:39 PM
as many or all of u know island dragway was re-surfaced not long ago. after the re-surfacing we had battled to get traction, and the day after a rain fall it felt even more hopeless. anyhow i recently went to a rental and they were talking about the traction compound they were using and they said they went back to the old stuff. i didnt know if this was a good thing or a bad thing. a bunch of us were waiting for someone to be the guinea pig and take a pass. a few cars went down and i finally had to step up and give it hell. let me just say i stood the car 2 feet in the air on the first pass!!! 1.40 60 ft!!! i went a 9.81 @ 136!!!
second pass 1.39 60ft 9.80 @136!! and then went the cars all time best of 1.37 60ft! 9.77 @137!!!! i also forgot to mention that doing a burnout was a task! if u didnt lay into the throttle the car would just push out of the burnout box! end result, i am very impressed with the track as a whole and im glad they got it all taken care of. btw the car driven was a 78 malibu owned by bill ceralli of ceralli competition engines.

79CamaroDiva
11-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Glad you got it down the track Al. Yes, we've been battling water problems all year, but the grinding of the track shouldn't have affected 60's since it was ground from the end of the concrete on. I didn't hear about the switching of glue, but I haven't been around much due to my other job. Glad to hear you got some new bests in Bills car :D

camaroAL
11-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Glad you got it down the track Al. Yes, we've been battling water problems all year, but the grinding of the track shouldn't have affected 60's since it was ground from the end of the concrete on. I didn't hear about the switching of glue, but I haven't been around much due to my other job. Glad to hear you got some new bests in Bills car :D

thank melissa! it felt good to be back in a car again. hopefully i can be there in spring with my own.