PDA

View Full Version : Any powercoating places around?

MonmouthCtyAntz
11-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Saw a Black Ls1 SS yesterday off of Manalokin Rd. in Brick w/ black powercoated c5's...really liked the look, im thinking of doing it...Im sure there around anyone know a place?

LTb1ow
11-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Paul @ harcoreRPM.

BonzoHansen
11-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Our sponsor Hardcore Paul RPM Restos

MonmouthCtyAntz
11-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Great ill look into it...thx guys

LTb1ow
11-17-2008, 07:42 AM
http://www.rpmrestoandcustom.com/Contact%20Us.htm
-------------->

sweetbmxrider
11-17-2008, 07:27 PM
paul at rpm has awesome prices fyi. i'm really leaning towards doing my wheels. he told me about $150 a wheel as an estimate. so worth it!!!!

MonmouthCtyAntz
11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
paul at rpm has awesome prices fyi. i'm really leaning towards doing my wheels. he told me about $150 a wheel as an estimate. so worth it!!!!
He quoted me 650.00 for 4 wheels...I could pick up a set of brand new black wheels off ebay for less.

sweetbmxrider
11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
yeah but the thing is, painted isn't nearly as durable as powdercoated. its up to you but i think its money well spent. oh and ebay wheels balance like garbage. just my thoughts.

black95maro
11-17-2008, 10:15 PM

holy crap thats expensive. good luck with that. :twisted:

sweetbmxrider
11-17-2008, 10:22 PM
really? i thought it was a great price for the quality he puts out. i felt like i would be robbing him. guess i should shop around.

NJSPEEDER
11-17-2008, 10:25 PM
$150 a wheel is a very good price to strip, clean, and lay down a perfect layer of powder coat.

black95maro
11-17-2008, 10:30 PM
i guess i get a good discount then. and you can sand them yourself. it's not tough

sweetbmxrider
11-17-2008, 10:35 PM
yeah already did

NJSPEEDER
11-17-2008, 10:38 PM
i guess i get a good discount then. and you can sand them yourself. it's not tough

The right way to do it is to bake them impurities off, then alch clean them thoroughly, the hang and coat them. Sanding them just makes scratches that can cause imperfections in the finish and it doesn't remove oil and other impurities.

-Tim

black95maro
11-17-2008, 10:43 PM
i didn't notice any scratches or anything. i don't think you really have to take it down to bare metal, it's probably recommended but not completely necessary from my experience.

NJSPEEDER
11-17-2008, 11:49 PM
All depends how long you want it to last. If you don't remove everything before you put the powder on, it can try to bake off while you are trying to bake the powder on. Next time it gets a little knick, the whole powder job starts to peel.

-Tim

TTPMatt
12-12-2008, 08:19 AM
We perform powder coating in-house. We have completed numerous powdercoated rim packages lately.

You can give us a call direct for pricing. I can give you a rough sketch on pricing:

$125 per Aluminum wheel - Includes wheel prep, 1 stage powdercoat process, dismount, mount, balance.

Heavily damaged wheels, chrome finish, multi-stage powders (i.e. metallic), etc. will add to the price.

We have dozens of colors in stock or can order any specific color. We use only the best powders from caswell-plating.com so you can choose your own colors.

JSPERFORMANCE
12-12-2008, 08:39 AM
We perform powder coating in-house. We have completed numerous powdercoated rim packages lately.

You can give us a call direct for pricing. I can give you a rough sketch on pricing:

$125 per Aluminum wheel - Includes wheel prep, 1 stage powdercoat process, dismount, mount, balance.

Heavily damaged wheels, chrome finish, multi-stage powders (i.e. metallic), etc. will add to the price.

That is a really good deal especially with the R&R + balance of the tires included! :clap:

HardcoreZ28
12-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I agree....very good pricing at TTP. The major portion of the cost comes from the prep. The wheels need to be blasted.....sanding is not the correct way to go. You need a physical bond between the powder and the metal. Not only that, you also need the electrical charge running through the part to make the powder adhere correctly before baking.

Not sure what process TTP uses but we always use 2 coats on all of our parts...either two coats of color, or one color and one clear powder as extra protection.

unstable bob gable
12-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I will gladly vouch for Paul's [Hardcore Zs] work. He did some AMC emblems for me in a glossy black that was so deep they looked like they were made outa porcelain when he was done with 'em. And he also helped me out by hanging out late so I could drop 'em off and pick 'em up after work. Right after the New Year I'm gonna be dropping off more stuff for him to do. I agree that price sometimes has to be a big consideration, but I know that Paul will always go the extra mile for me, and he treats my stuff like it's his own.

WildBillyT
12-22-2008, 01:15 PM
I will gladly vouch for Paul's [Hardcore Zs] work. He did some AMC emblems for me in a glossy black that was so deep they looked like they were made outa porcelain when he was done with 'em. And he also helped me out by hanging out late so I could drop 'em off and pick 'em up after work. Right after the New Year I'm gonna be dropping off more stuff for him to do. I agree that price sometimes has to be a big consideration, but I know that Paul will always go the extra mile for me, and he treats my stuff like it's his own.

Agreed. Paul does a great job. I had him do the front end parts on my '69 and they came out awesome. I'd post the pics but they don't do the parts justice.

unstable bob gable
12-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Agreed. Paul does a great job. I had him do the front end parts on my '69 and they came out awesome. I'd post the pics but they don't do the parts justice.

Yep, Paulie's DA MAN! Plus he knows I'd kick his azz if he didn't do good work! :mrgreen:

Fast92RS
12-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Paul did my superram tpi intake and it came out great.