PDA

View Full Version : Partner(s) for E-Town Road Racing

mc73nova
11-18-2008, 09:10 PM
OK , Now I have a team.

mc73nova
11-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Anyone? Someone on here wants to have fun!

EchoMirage
11-22-2008, 05:25 PM
what car did you get. do any of your drag race friends want to try. it didnt help me any, but you could post up on ls1tech or some local autox forums. the only interest i got out of 4 different forums was from here. you could do it yourself, all youll need is at least 1 crew member.

mc73nova
11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
I didn't get one yet, but I have been looking non stop since I found out about this. I have my eye on a t/a but would really like to do it as a team thing.

EchoMirage
11-23-2008, 07:37 AM
thought you said you had a car, not a team. well the team was probably the hardest part. you can pick up any kind of car, really. just slap something together for the first race, and use that as a stepping off point.

mc73nova
11-23-2008, 08:10 AM
I didn't want to do it on my own, I have two people that are definitly doing it, one person is a maybe. So the team is good now, just need a car.

EchoMirage
11-23-2008, 09:33 AM
found mind on craigs list. i think thats the cheapest place to find anything.

NJSPEEDER
11-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Who did you get for your team?

We were talking about cars at lunch yesterday and came up with a long list of things that could work. A quick Ebay search turns up dozens of cars that could be had for 500 or less that would work. Having a sports car is certainly not a requirement, just something that will stay together is all you need.

-Tim

mc73nova
11-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Unfortunately not much partcipation on here. (tastyle88) Bruce is the only from here. Should be a lot of fun. I have found a bunch, I think we are leaning towards the 4cyl class. When we get a car I will post it up here.

NJSPEEDER
11-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Good luck. Let us know when you get the car and if you need any help.

-Tim

mc73nova
11-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Sounds good, will do.

NJSPEEDER
11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
There is a rumor that there is a third team from the forum, hopefully the people on that team will post up and let us all in on their plans.

Good thing you are looking at the 4cyl class, cause Alchohaulin' Ass Motorsports is gonna dominate the 6/8cyl class :drive:

-Tim

mc73nova
11-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Now you are gonna make me look for a v8 to prove you wrong!

j/k, I have never raced a road course so, I'll start from the bottom. I am not afraid of going fast, just think there will be more competition in the bigger engine class. But who knows.

sweetbmxrider
11-23-2008, 07:56 PM
in any case, this will be really cool!

best of luck to everyone!!

NJSPEEDER
11-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Now you are gonna make me look for a v8 to prove you wrong!

j/k, I have never raced a road course so, I'll start from the bottom. I am not afraid of going fast, just think there will be more competition in the bigger engine class. But who knows.

Driving a road course isn't about "being afraid to go fast" so to speak, if anything you will see that more people screw up by being afraid to go slow. Just watch the more experienced guys and don't be afraid to pick being smooth over going bals out through the turns. Once you get used to smooth, the speed picks up on it's own without you ever noticing.

Good luck to you and your team.

-Tim

mc73nova
11-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I understand that. Thats why a front wheel drive 4cyl would be a good starting point. Rear wheel drive v8 would make for nice spin outs if you use to much throttle! I am sure I could drive a f-body no problem but I am also sure there are plenty of racers out there that are more experienced than me(I have none on a road course!) I will do my best and hope my team will do the same and we will be able to learn from this and be able to compete at a higher level.

SupermanX24
11-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Driving a road course isn't about "being afraid to go fast" so to speak, if anything you will see that more people screw up by being afraid to go slow. Just watch the more experienced guys and don't be afraid to pick being smooth over going bals out through the turns. Once you get used to smooth, the speed picks up on it's own without you ever noticing.

Good luck to you and your team.

-Tim

yeap, nice old saying "slow down to go fast" never understood that until this year

DevilDougWS6
11-24-2008, 11:41 AM
damn, id be interested in being part of a legit race team. im pretty good at the road course thing. wish i had more money to pursue autox competition.

EchoMirage
11-24-2008, 04:39 PM
its really not that expensive. autox is cheap, and this race isnt as money burning as you may think. i elected not to includ the cost of the car into my team buy-in, so there goes a huge chunk of change saved for them all. after which, its just the registration fees and parts. not including the car, and taking in 2-3 people, id say $1000 can get you very far into the season (depending on your personal safety equipment). and if you win, youll get money to put back into budget.

id say there will be more competition in the 4cyl class, just on price alone. finding $500 V8 cars to race isnt easy, and when you do, they more often then not need alot of work. whereas you can pick up a beater 4cyl for $500 any day of the week, and need (usually) less work.

also, fwd is harder to road race. you may be used to rwd, having oversteer and such. with fwd, youll have torque steer, and the way the car handles, grips the road, everything is totally different. with a rwd, if you want to swing the ass end around, you just punch it. cant do that with fwd. once the front tires spin, you lose any control. having them both turn and deliver power is bad on a course.

Jensend
11-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Don't be afraid of FWD cars for road course use- especially 4 cylinder ones. While FWD cars have a natural tendency toward understeer, a slight lift followed by a little steering correction and careful throttle input will bring you back on line as quick or quicker than a RWD car that oversteers. Most of the 4 cyl. FWD generally lack enough power to have much of an understeer problem coming off of corners. Generally, the understeer problem shows up when corner entry is too hot and the throttle pickup is too early and too heavy. Lots of FWD cars are great road race cars. Look at the old SCCA Neon Challenge series. Those cars ran some fearsome times for low HP cars. The trick to FWD is smoothness and maintaining your momentum.

mc73nova
11-24-2008, 08:51 PM
I have a lot of experience with fwd cars but I won't get into that!, thats in my past. I don't think I would have a problem with any rwd,fwd, or awd its just that a 4cyl vehicle for $500 might be a more reliable vehicle for this type of racing and it just happens to be that they are fwd.

NJSPEEDER
11-25-2008, 02:21 AM
Concentrate on cooling and brakes and you can get pretty much anything to last a few hours.

-Tim

1QWIKBIRD
12-06-2008, 06:20 PM
I have a lot of experience with fwd cars but I won't get into that!, thats in my past. I don't think I would have a problem with any rwd,fwd, or awd its just that a 4cyl vehicle for $500 might be a more reliable vehicle for this type of racing and it just happens to be that they are fwd.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/932471912.html

Here's a good jumping off point. He lost his license and all bargaining power, V6 car, auto.....You could probably end up paying $0 for the car after you sell off the entire interior and other crap.....

Get on it....

mc73nova
12-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I found that a week ago, its fake. # not in service, no email response. But thanks for the help,

Knipps
12-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I found that a week ago, its fake. # not in service, no email response. But thanks for the help,

I doubt it's fake. Listed all over the place

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/932471912.html

mc73nova
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I just tried it, it finally worked and guess what! its sold.

EchoMirage
12-13-2008, 03:56 PM
try this

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/949462150.html