PDA

View Full Version : Aux In On Pioneer Deh-16?

Brando56894
11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I need a new head unit for my car that has an aux-in jack so I can connect my Sirius Stiletto to it since the FM transmitter for it is ridiculously weak. My roommate has an old Pioneer DEH-16 (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/Other+CDPlayers/DEH-16?tab=B) that he said he would sell to me, but it doesnt look like it has an aux-in jack. I just wanted to post up to make sure since i know barely anything about car audio.

If this doesnt have it does anyone have any suggestions in the $50-200 range that has a rear aux input?

TheBandit
11-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Does it have the IP-BUS plug in the back? if it does you have to enable the AUX input in the options menu and get an ipbus plug or make one yourself.. but i dont think that will have that. If your willing to spend $200 then just go and buy a Pioneer or Eclipse Or Alpine or what have you. all of them will have an AUX input.

Tru2Chevy
11-25-2008, 08:07 PM
I recently installed a Pioneer DEH-3900M in my Jeep. It has the IP Bus input in the rear for my XM, and a front minijack for my iPod / laptop / etc.

- Justin

TheBandit
11-25-2008, 11:44 PM
I recently installed a Pioneer DEH-3900M in my Jeep. It has the IP Bus input in the rear for my XM, and a front minijack for my iPod / laptop / etc.

- Justin

Yup the IPbus can also be used for an AUX input, but the headunit he posted looks quite old and i don't think it would even have the ipbus.. but i could be wrong.

Tru2Chevy
11-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Yea, I know it can. That's how I have it setup - converter from IP Bus to RCA, and the XM run into that.

- Justin

TheBandit
11-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Yea, I know it can. That's how I have it setup - converter from IP Bus to RCA, and the XM run into that.

- Justin

Ahh i thought they made satellite harnesses that were direct plug ins to the ipbus. I made my ipbus plug :) it was like 4 computer wires and two RCA ends. Works perfectly and cost me nothing.

Tru2Chevy
11-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Ahh i thought they made satellite harnesses that were direct plug ins to the ipbus. I made my ipbus plug :) it was like 4 computer wires and two RCA ends. Works perfectly and cost me nothing.

They do, if you have a Pioneer XM tuner. I have a SkyFi 2 that I can take in the house with me too :)

- Justin