PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone help

91chevywt
12-04-2008, 09:30 PM
So, I'm looking to get a new cell phone, but my 2 year contract isn't up, and I don't want to pay $300+ for a basic phone. I had a few phones in mind but i'm not dead set on anything. I have a motorola razr now (it sucks) and i'm looking to upgrade a bit, and I'm on a verizon plan. From what I've been gathering, I have a CDMA phone, and I can basically buy another CDMA phone anywhere and reprogram it for my phone number. Has anyone here done this? Also, does anyone know where I could get a phone for a decent price, in new or like new shape? I tried ebay, but most people have those gay automatic bidders up

sweetbmxrider
12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
you can change your number to another phone right off of the verizon page. you need to set up your online account first if you haven't already. they can also do it at the store for i think $20 or $40. they can transfer all of the numbers from the old phone and put them on the new phone as long as they both turn on and such. i think that is $10 or $20. as for cheap phones, don't know where to look? :shrug:

bobb1589
12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
what type of phone? smartphone? flip? i havea few sites i can find some verizon phoens for you

bobb1589
12-05-2008, 08:26 PM
check out dyscern.com.... also you can extend your contract and get a pretty awesome deal

http://www.cellstores.com/mobile/verizon-wireless.aspx?referringdomain=newegg&refcode1=EGG_9999_001_VerizonCellTabDD&name=Verizon-Deals

Knipps
12-06-2008, 12:01 AM
http://newjersey.craigslist.org

91chevywt
12-08-2008, 06:04 PM
what type of phone? smartphone? flip? i havea few sites i can find some verizon phoens for you

I'm only really looking for a flip phone with a camera, and a battery that lasts longer than 8 hours. My razr can't handle moving between low signal areas...it kills the battery really fast. Sometimes I'm charging my phone twice a day. And my speaker phone blew out for some reason. I would appreciate any sites you can give, because its hard finding anything on google without having to go through verizon.

bobb1589
12-08-2008, 09:02 PM
have you checked out www.dyscern.com ?