PDA

View Full Version : What a nice day for a run!

JL8Jeff
12-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I was busy yesterday and forgot to get out and do a bike ride or run so figured I better get out today for some exercise. No way I was taking a mountain bike ride so I was out in the yard for a bit and didn't really feel that cold. So I decided to try the run anyway. It wasn't pretty or fast, but I managed to get in a nice 20-25 minute run and the wind and cold didn't really bother me at all. I had trouble getting stretched out though. Getting old sucks! :nod:

deadtrend1
12-07-2008, 04:04 PM
screw cold. I ventured outside around 11:30, and that was it. Been under a blanket here ever since.

NastyEllEssWon
12-07-2008, 04:08 PM
i try not to run unless i have to

V
12-07-2008, 04:12 PM
we did 4 miles fri morning, proba 3-4 tomorrow at 7am

lastcall190
12-07-2008, 04:44 PM
I love running in this weather.

madness410
12-07-2008, 04:51 PM
yeah man good stuff...u dont get that feeling like your lungs are freezing up when u jog in weather like this?

JL8Jeff
12-07-2008, 05:05 PM
No, I didn't even notice the cold air in the lungs. The nose running constantly sucks. I'm just trying to make sure I do some exercise during the winter to keep myself in somewhat decent shape. I slacked off this past summer and played too much golf so I barely got out on the mountain bike maybe once a week and I can feel it. I used to play volleyball once a week in the summer but this year our group fell apart so I didn't do that at all. In the past 13 days I've gotten in 3 runs and 2 bike rides and I can already feel the difference. The lack of daylight after work and the cold temps suck but today was a good sign if I can deal with these conditions.

madness410
12-07-2008, 05:26 PM
yeah i want to get into mountain biking...but recently i started swimming at my university. DAM that is excersize right there, not only does it work pretty much all the muscles in your body but it gives you a ridiculous cardio workout if u swim fast paced.

Ian
12-07-2008, 08:42 PM
yeah i want to get into mountain biking...but recently i started swimming at my university. DAM that is excersize right there, not only does it work pretty much all the muscles in your body but it gives you a ridiculous cardio workout if u swim fast paced.

swimming is awesome, zero impact on your joints too.

JL8Jeff
12-08-2008, 08:20 AM
swimming is awesome, zero impact on your joints too.

Yes, swimming is the best workout but finding somewhere to swim in the winter becomes a challenge.

bandit88
12-08-2008, 07:37 PM
screw cold. I ventured outside around 11:30, and that was it. Been under a blanket here ever since.

yeah i'm with you :wink:

i went out to chase the puppies away from doing something bad....... it was COLD in just a sweat shirt....... i got those dogs in and haven't gone out since