PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any service writers here?

Frosty
12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I went for an interview today at a Hon-duh dealership in Burlington for an internet position. They saw that I have automotive experience(auto appraiser) and they were interested in hiring me as a service writer. I've never done that before, never even thought about it.

Any suggestions? Any tips? What "should" I expect to make a year(yes I know, it's mainly commission based so it depends on the amount of traffic in the Service Dept).

Thanks. :)

NastyEllEssWon
12-09-2008, 04:25 PM
grow very thick skin....very fast. your going to need it. the service writers job is basically to be the messenger between the mechanic and the customer. your going to have to explain services...as well as recommend them. your also going to have to break bad news or unexpected news and expect to be called an earful of names as well as dodge a few slaps from women. it happens.

glorified punching bag :mrgreen: but you can make lots of money if your good at upselling

qwikz28
12-09-2008, 05:16 PM
i did not know service writers worked on commission. what a bunch of thieves! (not you tony :))

NJ Torque
12-09-2008, 06:00 PM
I don't work on commission for a paycheck... but we do get perks for stuff.

Never had a woman slap me in over 3 years... don't know what your doing wrong.

SRGN
12-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Never had a woman slap me in over 3 years... don't know what your doing wrong.

If you haven't had a woman slap you in 3 years, it's probably you doing something wrong:mrgreen:Either that or they look at your girlish figure and feel bad for you:laugh:

BigAls87Z28
12-09-2008, 08:45 PM
You will get yelled at for a lot of things, just comes with the job.
Gunna need good sales personality, and reach goals, etc etc.
As for pay, when I went to go work for Pine Belt Nissian, they said if I dont make 75k a year, I should probably quit.

Frosty
12-09-2008, 08:47 PM
You will get yelled at for a lot of things, just comes with the job.
Gunna need good sales personality, and reach goals, etc etc.
As for pay, when I went to go work for Pine Belt Nissian, they said if I dont make 75k a year, I should probably quit.

Thanks....and that's because they're a bunch of crooks....even we know they're crooks out this way. :rofl:

They haven't offered anything yet, probably won't until the new year...it's something I'd consider if they offered it.

Thanks guys :)

madness410
12-10-2008, 12:25 AM
lol thats what they are called? theres one at autosport honda on 22 that gets mad at everything its sort of funny to watch...

but good luck on your endeavors man

Mike
12-10-2008, 06:54 AM
frosty, your talking about willis? my buddy used to be a tech over there, they did him dirty and laid him off a while back though

NJ Torque
12-10-2008, 07:16 AM
If you haven't had a woman slap you in 3 years, it's probably you doing something wrong:mrgreen:Either that or they look at your girlish figure and feel bad for you:laugh:

But all the phone numbers I get at the new shop is amazing, Art :mrgreen:

Its a tough job sometimes... You may have 3 people standind infront of you waiting to get written up, you have one youre trying to bill out and 2 lines on the phone...

Stevoone
12-10-2008, 07:16 AM
I used to work at Willis also, overall it was a nice place to work. I was only detailing cars but it always seemed like the shop was packed. Things changed a lot when it switched owners tho.

Mike
12-10-2008, 08:15 AM
my buddy worked in the shop across the street next to the detail bays before it turned into the kia section.....

WildBillyT
12-10-2008, 08:36 AM
frosty, your talking about willis? my buddy used to be a tech over there, they did him dirty and laid him off a while back though

Whatchu talkin bout willis?

Frosty
12-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah it's Willis.

jims69camaro
12-11-2008, 09:15 AM
take the internet position. guaranteed paycheck versus some number floating in the air... it's a no-brainer. i don't know what the internet position is paying, but i would definitely take a regular paycheck over a draw/commission. while they say you could expect to earn $X, they have rolled in their higher expectation to that number, as well. gotta go with the bird in the hand versus the possible two in the bush.