PDA

View Full Version : a little heads up to any infiniti owners

iamsickofitall
12-14-2008, 04:58 PM
apparently there is a new wave of break-ins happening around north jersey. last night my father's two g35's and several other neighborhood late model infinitis were broken into. these turd burglars are able to pop a screwdriver in behind the driver's side lock to activate the automatic window roll down feature and disable the alarm.

luckily my father left the doors unlocked on one of them and the only thing missing was his garmin. the other one has $1000 worth of damage done to it and all they got out of it was 10 bucks from the center console.

from now on, we're going to remove everything not bolted to the cars and leave the doors unlocked in both of them. it sucks that we live in a condo and have unassigned parking spaces, otherwise i'd put in a trick security system covering the parking spaces we use with some goodies i can get from work. as for now, there is no way to set off any type of sounder or strobe alert prior to them causing damage to the vehicle...unless i can figure out how to set up a motion sensing system inside the car that can be activated without locking the doors and deactivated when the keyfob is near the car. now that would be trick.

NjbadSS
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
wow.. that really sucks.. people can be real scumbags.. maybe they should do what most people do to get cool goodies.. GET A JOB

madness410
12-14-2008, 06:22 PM
wow.. that really sucks.. people can be real scumbags.. maybe they should do what most people do to get cool goodies.. GET A JOB

+1...be lucky they didnt take the rims i hear they are worth like 1200 bucks

HeadlessNorseman
12-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Ive been trying to track down a guy that robbed the stereo out of my 924 and smashed my camaro windshield last october. Hes now in jail(good for society, bad for my insatiable vengeance)! I heard from someone i know they read this article. If i ever spot him on the street im going to make it so he can never rob a thing again. Not as in kill him, maybe just chop his arms off. This guy has robbed me and the people i live with maybe 3 or 4 times, and probably countless other people. and i was getting closer and closer to catching him. I even went so far as to spot him at the mall and follow him but i ended up losing him as he was running and i was in a car and i couldnt keep following him. Oh well hopefully he gets out one day...

http://www.redbankgreen.com/redbankgreen/2007/11/on-a-busy-day-f.html

bubba428
12-16-2008, 02:24 AM
hmmmm I wonder If it can be done without damaging the car...its probably easier with a air bag, wedge, and long bar

V
12-16-2008, 07:26 AM
dam that sucks.

eh and i can get in just about any car without damage. gimme like 2 days to reseach and "case" the subject matter and im good. there are several cars where you can gain entry with a screwdriver and only do damage that can be repaired with a $5 part from a junkyard or ebay. Other cars, a blank key can be made to work the ignition... thats sad. Also one car brand is notorious for using too close of copies of their keys for their vehicles, where one key can start a few other vehicles...

and btw, all previously stated was for legal purposes, lockouts etc. Several times ive stopped to help police slimjim cars since they arent ever trained and usually have no clue. now at least they use the air bag and wedge method for the most part. the slim jim is getting out dated with the updated electical locking systems.

HeadlessNorseman
12-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Ive used my chrysler key to unlock several other chrysler vehicles but they wont start the car. My firebird door key worked in my camaro too but the ignition was different again. So i think that is the important part lol. BTW, i stuck a screw driver in my door when i lost my keys and just broke the lock cylinder. it didnt even take very much force