PDA

View Full Version : New Pup :-)

79CamaroDiva
12-15-2008, 06:33 PM
I was given a 10 month old American Bull Dog pup today :-) I've been working with her for a few weeks, she's from a puppy store that my aunt works at. Her story is that someone special ordered her, and then when she came in at 8 weeks old, they didn't like her coloring so turned her down. She's been at the store ever since because she was a bit of a wild child.

2 or 3 weeks ago I offered to take her up here to the track to let her run around and get all of her pent up energy out. The poor dog had never actually run before! She had a blast, and we started doing that a few times a week. Now she's attached to me, I love her to death, and the store gave her to me for free so she would have a good home :D

Oh yeah, her name is Dahlia.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j274/79CamaroDiva/DSC00732.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j274/79CamaroDiva/DSC00731.jpg

Tru2Chevy
12-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Glad you got to keep her!

- Justin

NJSPEEDER
12-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Vicious attack dog!!!

She is a sweet heart. Glad she has a good home now.

Ian
12-15-2008, 07:18 PM
that dog is a menace! it kept staring at me until I gave it pieces of my sammich!

you lucked out, she seems like a great dog. if you ever need someone to watch her, let me know.

ar0ck
12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Looks like a great dog! Always a good thing to see a pup going to a good home.

BigRocsFirebird
12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
how could they turn down them puppy eyes lol just because of the colors ughh people... glad to see she has a good home. good luck with her!

rscamaro73
12-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Fun Fun Fun.....

Even Ace would be happy about her :)

Nice pooch....they need the energy run out of them, and train her to stay OFF the furniture.....trust me....all the 'terriers' of that breed LOVE the furniture to sleep on.....

sweetbmxrider
12-15-2008, 08:59 PM
awesome!

procamaroz28
12-15-2008, 11:05 PM
very cute!!... looks like my old pitbulls, dogs are alot of fun

Anti_Rice_Guy
12-15-2008, 11:19 PM
New track dog!

69BirdX
12-15-2008, 11:34 PM
she looks cute. remind me of my friends dog who loves me but likes to express it in attacking me and biting. Which she thinks is play biting and isnt

JL8Jeff
12-16-2008, 07:32 AM
That's ridiculous that someone would turn down a dog because of the coloring. :-x At least the dog got a much better home than it would have had this way! I'm convinced our rescue dog would have never been taken in by most people because of how timid she is. Good luck with the new pup! Looks like she's all muscle and ready to play for hours! :nod:

bandit88
12-16-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm glad to her that you found her..... or more like she found you
How can someone turn down a pretty pooch like that!

79CamaroDiva
12-16-2008, 11:31 AM
That's ridiculous that someone would turn down a dog because of the coloring. :-x At least the dog got a much better home than it would have had this way! I'm convinced our rescue dog would have never been taken in by most people because of how timid she is. Good luck with the new pup! Looks like she's all muscle and ready to play for hours! :nod:

yeah, it pissed me off the first time i walked in and asked why she was still there and was that big. then they told me not many people can handle her, so i walked right in the viewing room with her, she bounced around like a maniac until i forcefully made her sit, and i've been the "alpha" ever since. thats all she needed was a bit of obedience.

She loves playing and she can get a bit rough so I gotta calm her down once in a while, but other than that, the world is brand new to her so shes petrified of everything. It took her a week to not be afraid of my cars door, about 3 days for her to go up stairs,she still hasn't quite gotten the down stairs part. And strange noises still spook her. I figure she'll probably grow out of all that.

Teds89IROC
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
great looking dog melissa! good luck with her!

baddest434
12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
congrats and good luck with her! my wife keeps hinting about replacing our cat we had to put down. i'm not ready for anymore pets. the heartache still lingers.

bcgetfresh
12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Thats awesome, american bulldogs are great dogs and yes they have A LOT of energy! lol good luck with her :)

cdacda13
12-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Meet her already, and yes he has tons of energy. (Also doesn't like the cold) Extremely cute. Good luck with her.