PDA

View Full Version : Cash is NOT cash in NJ....

rscamaro73
12-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Interesting read on Yahoo.....Stay away form Bloomfield.....

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1002789

SupermanX24
12-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Nice, way to stick it to the court! :lol:

madness410
hes wasting his time and everyone elses..he said he went to the bank to get 56$ in rolled pennies, why not just get 56$ cash

NJ Torque
Hmm... he was just trying to be a dick by going to the bank and taking out that kinda monies.

Blacdout96
12-15-2008, 10:27 PM
that is a brilliant idea. i temps me to do that the next time I get a stupid ticket.

Stupercharged
12-15-2008, 10:32 PM
That is pretty sweet though

sweetbmxrider
12-15-2008, 10:35 PM
i'd give christie my slong :lol: (i think that was her name). oh and good for the kid. be a dick and waste time. maybe something will change.

procamaroz28
12-15-2008, 10:53 PM
LOL hahahahahaha thats amazing... that guy is my hero, a great inspiration, if i may add!! lol im soo rippin that idea from him next time i get a silly ticket

NJSPEEDER
12-15-2008, 10:59 PM
What was his point?

Yeah, the court looks dumb for not taking the money, but what does he think he is proving? All he has done is gotten on a local news network and looking like a tool because he thinks he is making a point. Jackass just made himself a target in a town that really isn't that big.

procamaroz28
12-15-2008, 11:02 PM
dam, why so negative?...

madness410
12-15-2008, 11:25 PM
What was his point?

Yeah, the court looks dumb for not taking the money, but what does he think he is proving? All he has done is gotten on a local news network and looking like a tool because he thinks he is making a point. Jackass just made himself a target in a town that really isn't that big.

im with u man haha

NJSPEEDER
12-15-2008, 11:33 PM
dam, why so negative?...

Is it negative to ask what his point was? He hasn't gotten anything out of it other than another court date and possibly another fine.

I agree that the court is being foolish to not take the money, but that really doesn't have anything to do with whatever he got a $56 ticket for.

Mike
12-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Is it negative to ask what his point was? He hasn't gotten anything out of it other than another court date and possibly another fine.

I agree that the court is being foolish to not take the money, but that really doesn't have anything to do with whatever he got a $56 ticket for.

even if he dosent get another fine, he gets another batch of court and processing fees

NastyEllEssWon
12-16-2008, 06:18 AM
his point is that no one accepts pennies anymore and its illegal not to accept legal tender for cash payment. :nod:

Frosty
12-16-2008, 07:18 AM
He was being a dick that's all. I think it's funny however he's creating more problems for himself.

I'd like to know what the original ticket was for, if it was something stupid I probably would've done the same thing.

PolarBear
12-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Jackass just made himself a target in a town that really isn't that big.
Target for what? This doesnt make any sense.
anymore and its illegal not to accept legal tender for cash payment. :nod:

:stupid:

BonzoHansen
12-16-2008, 07:54 AM
I once paid a ~$300 debt I owed in change......which was collected and delivered in an old beer balll....which I at least cleaned first, 'cause I'm good like that.

foff667
12-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Years ago there was a story about someone paying their taxes in several garbage bags full of pennies, personally I think its pointless to do so as its generally not the person behind the window that did something wrong so why involve them in your idiocy? As far as them writing their DL# on each roll its actually customary for most banks to have you write your account number on the roll so that if they find it to be short they can get whatever it is back. The guy is being a dick to the wrong people IMO and as usual the media is making a big deal over it.

PolarBear
12-16-2008, 09:32 AM
The guy is being a dick to the wrong people IMO and as usual the media is making a big deal over it.

True on both accounts but the fact is they refused a legal form of payment. But I do agree he is being a dick, had he not gotten the change from the bank TO PAY the fine, i.e. he had $56 in coins in the house (like I just changed $600 in quarters recently) I would not think that way

shane27
12-16-2008, 10:30 AM
kinda cool, but a waste of time on his part. if i had a jar of pennies in my closet i might do it, other then that just give "the man" his money that he loves so much and get on with your life

Frosty
12-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Guys, what's the difference? It's a form of protest. Would he be less of a douche if he sat outside the police station with a sign or came onto a car message board and whined about getting a ticket he felt was unjust?

NJSPEEDER
12-16-2008, 11:59 AM
What is he protesting? That is the problem. Whatever his point may have been when he started, it is long gone now since the stupidity of the court is the story. Someone paying a fine or bill in change is nothing new and he isn't impressing anyone.

It may have been something meaningful at the start, but now he is just dragging it out and costing himself time and money.

Frosty
12-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I may have missed it but who called the media? Him? If so then it's stupid. But if they found out about it and interviewed him then who cares. He protested the fine by using a legal tender in an ******* way. I see no problem unless he called up the news and said hey look at me.

enRo
12-16-2008, 12:22 PM
i'd give christie my slong :lol:

:nod:

Knipps
12-16-2008, 01:15 PM
They want his DL# on each roll.. go to staples, pick up a thing of labels, make 120 and make them eat their words :lol:

WildBillyT
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Years ago there was a story about someone paying their taxes in several garbage bags full of pennies, personally I think its pointless to do so as its generally not the person behind the window that did something wrong so why involve them in your idiocy? As far as them writing their DL# on each roll its actually customary for most banks to have you write your account number on the roll so that if they find it to be short they can get whatever it is back. The guy is being a dick to the wrong people IMO and as usual the media is making a big deal over it.

I agree. That's like being pissed off about the price of a Whopper so you throw your soda at the cashier.

nj85z28
12-16-2008, 02:55 PM
that guy just looks like an asshat

BonzoHansen
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I agree. That's like being pissed off about the price of a Whopper so you throw your soda at the cashier.

Was it a liter of cola?

WildBillyT
12-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Was it a liter of cola?

Yeah, I was waiting for that LOL.

Knipps
12-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Does this look like spit to you? Ah, **** it.

firehawk1120
12-16-2008, 04:19 PM
HEY get it right he was from Nutley not bloomfield. I have no sound so I'm not sure if Bloomfield court was where it took place but either case neither town is SMALL.

NastyEllEssWon
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
the fact is that everyone is missing the point. they refused his legal tender. had they not broken the law by doing so none of this would have happened. they should have taken the rolls of pennies with a smile and remember....money is money is what???? thats right money

BarneyMobile
12-16-2008, 04:27 PM
What was his point?

Agreed, all he did was make himself a target everytime a cop in Bloomfield see's him. If I were a cop in Bloomfield, I'd stop him for what ever I could after this incident.

There was no reason for him to pay with pennies in the first place. He just caused more grief for himself.

rscamaro73
12-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Agreed, all he did was make himself a target everytime a cop in Bloomfield see's him. If I were a cop in Bloomfield, I'd stop him for what ever I could after this incident.

There was no reason for him to pay with pennies in the first place. He just caused more grief for himself.

And then after 3 stops in that many days I bet that he'll be back in the news saying that he's being harassed. And a slew of lawyer-sharks will be fighting to get him to court....and then what ? you guessed it - he'll have his money back AND some.....

Why the cops feel the need to be overly agressive in cases like this is beyond me....it had nothing to do with the police after he got the ticket....and went to pay his fine.....his what? yes, he went to PAY HIS FINE.....

BarneyMobile
12-16-2008, 05:47 PM
And then after 3 stops in that many days I bet that he'll be back in the news saying that he's being harassed. And a slew of lawyer-sharks will be fighting to get him to court....and then what ? you guessed it - he'll have his money back AND some.....

Why the cops feel the need to be overly agressive in cases like this is beyond me....it had nothing to do with the police after he got the ticket....and went to pay his fine.....his what? yes, he went to PAY HIS FINE.....

If police ticket him for legitimate reasons then what can the media do for him?

NJStealthTT
12-16-2008, 07:24 PM
even if he dosent get another fine, he gets another batch of court and processing fees

he wont have to pay those because they will inevitably have to accept the pennies. it is legal tender.

madness410
12-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Was it a liter of cola?

could have been a large, farva

cdacda13
12-16-2008, 11:08 PM
I was once short 4 dollars on a ticket. I ran to my car and pulled $4 worth of quarters out of it. They took it.

BigAls87Z28
12-17-2008, 12:25 AM

Exactly.
If after x amount of years, someone who has never had a problem with the police, all of a sudden is being pulled over for every single little thing every day, that would be harrasment, especially once it was on the news.

WTF the Police have to do with it is beyond me. Why would they get upset? They got thier money.
If he wanted to be a REAL dick, he could have unwrapped them and gave it to them in a bag.
The guy paid his fine with legal US currency. Yeah, he did it in pennies, but oh well, money is money. Take it, and just be done with it.

If police ticket him for legitimate reasons then what can the media do for him?

Why bother to draw attention? It would put the police in a bad light no matter what. Perception is reality. You are harrassing a young kid becaue he paid in pennies.

Take the money, stop drawing attention to yourself, stop dragging this kid to court for nothing cause he can and will sue the town for all this BS.
He came to court
It said cash is accepted
He paid in cash
They declined to take it as payment
Then they have the balls to put out a warrant for his arrest. That is just being a sore loser.

Again. Take the payment, stop drawing attention to yourself, and everything is fine.

BarneyMobile
12-17-2008, 12:53 AM
He drew attention to himself by paying in pennies. Why couldn't he just take the $56 he had in paper bills and pay it that way. He drew more attention to himself when he got the media involved. I know the police really have nothing to do with it but lets think here, If you were a cop in that township and some 22 year old kid made your department look bad when all he was trying to do was be a smart a$$, you'd atleast be watching him alittle more closely.

Knipps
12-17-2008, 10:33 AM
What ever happened to being the bigger man?

7pointoh
12-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I really don't agree with the course of actions that this guy took to pay the fine. But it is legal tender. Sure he was paying it but he wanted to be a prick about paying it. The route he took, maybe legal, has proven to be more trouble than what it's worth.

If I was the clerk accepting the payment, I would have sit there and have him count the pennies in front of me, then I would accept the payment. The way I look at it is that if he's gonna mess with my time, I'm gonna mess with his.

sweetbmxrider
12-17-2008, 04:15 PM
ew counting all those pennies by hand, your fingers would be ****ing gross hahaah

Tru2Chevy
12-17-2008, 10:07 PM
I was once short 4 dollars on a ticket. I ran to my car and pulled $4 worth of quarters out of it. They took it.

16 quarters is a far cry from 5,600 pennies.

The issue isn't even that they refused his money....they didn't. He just had to write a DL # on them, most likely so they could trace them back to him if any of them were short. Most banks make you write your account number on any roll of coins that you want to deposit, not really any difference.

Sounds like he's just trying to make a big deal about it for no real reason.

- Justin

rscamaro73
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Could have paid with the $56 in pennies, and thrown in an extra roll to cover any 'shortages' and they could 'keep the change'.

As far as the cops being made fun of - they had nothing to do with it - it was the city that didn't take his money. No where did he say that it was the cops fault, or that he wasn't guilty of the ticket.

Attention - yes....he's got it. But the ball is in his court.

ryanfx
12-21-2008, 04:32 PM
his point is that no one accepts pennies anymore and its illegal not to accept legal tender for cash payment. :nod:

private businesses are free to accept whatever form of payment they want. If they only accept 2 dollar bills thats perfectly legal and no one can tell them otherwise. Governments on the other hand are more of a gray area