PDA

View Full Version : truck question

emolineaux
12-19-2008, 04:25 PM
hey guys, so im looking to trade my car and i figured i would see what you guys think of this new setup im looking at. i found a truck that im probably going to be looking at within the next few days.

this is what it is 96 chevy 1500 side step 4x4

vortec blower, 5 speed stick, DFI Accel engine management system,lunati cam 498 lift 238 duration, 383 stroker, eagle forged pistons 9.01 : 1, steel crank, 30 lb injectors, edlebrock intake w/70mm Tbody multi-port, new (not 200 miles on these parts)moly rings,rod bearings, main bearings, hardened push rods, gaskets/seals, double roller timing set.

any and all opinions would be appreciated.

cdacda13
12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Pretty sick set up. Just make sure the work was done right and by a reputable shop.

emolineaux
12-19-2008, 04:42 PM
yea thats my main concern i dont want a back yard project truck

cdacda13
12-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Ask for receipts, the name of the shop and do some research from there. Whoever own it did put a lot of money/time/work into it, so I'm kind of skeptical of why they would try to get rid of it without even driving it really.

SteveR
12-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Always be weary of someone selling a vehicle with massive amounts of work, and no miles. It's always a possibility that with that much potential for power, and some cheap parts, that he spun a bearing, rod knock, etc.

JL8Jeff
12-26-2008, 07:22 AM
I would be wondering why somebody bailed out on a project like that. If this is going to be your daily driver, I would be prepared to be doing some repair work since it has not even been broken in yet and you'll be doing the breaking.

band77one
12-26-2008, 08:18 AM
dont forget to take into account the financial crisis people are in these days , it may be the deal of a lifetime because the owner cannot keep it anymore, may have a baby on the way or something

alamantia
12-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Blower with a stick in a truck? Sounds like a stupid set up to me but im sure there is someone out there who likes having a vehical with lousey drivability. I dunno, i have always been the type to try and find something unmolested and runs great and do mods myself. Its a crap shoot with something like that.

camaroracer1992
12-26-2008, 09:10 AM
id stay clear of it and look for a stock truck with maybe only a CAI or cat back, ive been there/done that with modified stuff that was half assed, NEVER again I agree with alamantia get a stocker and mod it yourself.

Stupercharged
12-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah either see if it was done by a good shop or just go over it with a fine tooth comb. Other then that it sounds bad ass