PDA

View Full Version : What Service Do You Have?

BigAls87Z28
12-20-2008, 03:27 PM
This is a spinoff of my phone thread.

I just want to know who has what cell phone service provider?

Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Tmobile.

I dont care what phone you have. If you have an interesting story about the provider, then please tell, but this is just to see how many of you have the service. Many of my friends are from this site, and without sending out mass text messages, I figued this, along with myspace and facebook, would be good ways to find out who has what.

Put your input into the poll, and if you want to leave your .02 about that provider, please let me know.

LTb1ow
12-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Verizon has been well for me. No big complaints.

cdacda13
12-20-2008, 03:39 PM
I have found that, up here in West Milford, that Verizon works the best. Sprint has lots of dead zones and friends that have that service are often cut off.

sweetbmxrider
12-20-2008, 03:41 PM
when i had tmobile, service blew. verizon always has service. plus verizon to verizon calls are free and crap like that.

deadtrend1
12-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Poll wont let me pick two.

AT&T and Verizon here.

The only complaint with the AT&T phone is that it makes my computer speakers buzz when I use it.

FIcamaroRE92
12-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Poll wont let me pick two.

AT&T and Verizon here.

The only complaint with the AT&T phone is that it makes my computer speakers buzz when I use it.

I have noticed that too, but besides that, AT&T has 5/5 to 3/5 bars pretty much where ever you go. They are just starting to get cool phones tho.

Ian
12-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I have no complaints about Verizon. I've had them for about 4 years now. before that was AT&T and back then, they sucked pretty bad. not sure how it is these days, cant be any worse though :lol:

qwikz28
12-20-2008, 05:07 PM
verizon. all my friends and family have it. it would be ridiculous for me to change it

pound
12-20-2008, 05:14 PM
well i work for verizon so...

madness410
12-20-2008, 05:50 PM
at&t isnt too bad...i get service in a lot of places...only thing i never really liked is their phone selection, they are all corny. ive heard nothing but good things about verizon though

NJ Torque
12-20-2008, 05:55 PM
verizon.

Mike
12-20-2008, 06:23 PM
back in the day (99-01) i had cingular/att, but when i went to monmouth i didnt get service anywhere so i switched to verizon, i have been happy with them since

ShitOnWheels
12-20-2008, 06:26 PM
I now have AT&T. James has AT&T as well, partially why I switched. But all of my family has Verizon. TO be honest, I'd prefer Verizon. Up here AT&T has been giving me problems with signal. Not sure if it's my phone or not, but when I had Verizon I never had signal issues. I drop a lot of calls now, and my dad complains of static a lot when we talk. :shrug:

Only thing I hate about Verizon is that they disable their phones so much. It's annoying!

maroman88
12-20-2008, 06:30 PM
t-mobile, have had it as long as ive had a cell phone... gotta be 8 years or so lol. i get crap service in my town... buuttttt we're awaiting approval of a new cell tower to fix that lol. i pay $40 a month, unlimited text/pics, 500 anytime minutes and free nights/weekends

pound
12-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Only thing I hate about Verizon is that they disable their phones so much. It's annoying!

I agree that this is a very short sighted way of doing business. They are not going to get more customers by making phones less useful to people. I just hope someone makes a CDMA Andriod phone.

BlackBADaSS02
12-20-2008, 06:48 PM
I have Verizon. They have good service, so I have no complaints about them. I use to have Nextel. Not only does Nextel service suck, but their phones do too. My nextel phone would only hold a charge for 24 hrs.

BigAls87Z28
12-20-2008, 07:19 PM
back in the day (99-01) i had cingular/att, but when i went to monmouth i didnt get service anywhere so i switched to verizon, i have been happy with them since

I now have AT&T. James has AT&T as well, partially why I switched. But all of my family has Verizon. TO be honest, I'd prefer Verizon. Up here AT&T has been giving me problems with signal. Not sure if it's my phone or not, but when I had Verizon I never had signal issues. I drop a lot of calls now, and my dad complains of static a lot when we talk. :shrug:

The above two is what scares me...

wretched73
12-20-2008, 07:25 PM
verizon, seems like practically everyone in hunterdon county seems to have it so you save alotta coin

enRo
12-20-2008, 07:55 PM
AT&T here. i had verizon before, but their service around here is so ****** so I switched to AT&T and never have a problem.

GP99GT
12-20-2008, 08:17 PM
i have verizon. gets the best service around here, and nearly everyone i talk to also has it, so its very cheap to talk/text

Crayface
12-20-2008, 09:03 PM
i use verizon, never had a problem with verizon, its also good they give firemen a pretty good discount

FIcamaroRE92
12-20-2008, 09:31 PM
i use verizon, never had a problem with verizon, its also good they give firemen a pretty good discount

Since when?

Saitin
12-20-2008, 10:11 PM
ATT iPhone FTW

bobb1589
12-20-2008, 10:43 PM
i have two tmobile phones... dont have any complaints... i think the coverage is great personally (they have really been updating alot of their network with faster technology as well as covering alot of gaps in coverage)... they are cheapeast... and their customer support is EXCELLENT

Anti_Rice_Guy
12-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Verizon, no problems ever, service everywhere.

WildBillyT
12-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I started out with AT+T for about 2 years but they had poor service so I went to the big V and never looked back.

Crayface
12-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Since when?

I dont know when it actually started but i got my plan two years ago, go to the verizon store and get more info on it, i believe all i had to do was provide a letter written from my chief stating i was a fireman and i believe the discount is 10-15% off your monthly bill. It saves me a lot of money i know that!

79CamaroDiva
12-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I dont know when it actually started but i got my plan two years ago, go to the verizon store and get more info on it, i believe all i had to do was provide a letter written from my chief stating i was a fireman and i believe the discount is 10-15% off your monthly bill. It saves me a lot of money i know that!

do they do that for all rescue personnel or just firemen? my dad's a volunteer EMT, its probably worth looking into since we have 4 lines on our plan..

I have verizon. I want the iPhone so bad, but can't justify the switch from verizon because everyone i talk to also has them.

rscamaro73
12-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I have TMobile....got it for the reason that 'family' all had it, so it was FREE to talk to each other.

MEH

Now we don't talk to each other :mrgreen: And I'm tired of their billing process (tel you you're overdue, bomb your phone with calls for days, THEN send you your bill online days later :-x

PLUS....when I worked ALL OVER NJ....my fone didn't work in MANY places....so they gave us a work fone (Verizon) that seemed to be pretty good. I will say I get an email from TMobile about once a month where they're upgrading coverage and add in 4+ towers each time....so they're trying.

But I have Verizon at home and zero issues.....

Emergency Services discount with Sprint in my town too....but the owner is a FD guy anyways.I just can't see getting butt raped to get a discount in the first place :-?

91chevywt
12-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Me and my g/f have a family plan together with Verizon. When we first got the plan, instead of putting both our phones on one account, they decided to put our phones on two accounts. In that process, they decided to charge me for activation fees for two accounts instead of one. This wouldn't have been a problem, had they just fixed it at first. I immediately told them what had happened, and they said, "it is taken care of." of course it wasnt, so this went on for like 4 months, and I called after each bill, and was told something different every time. They do tell me not to pay the 2nd bill though. So, finally, I'm pissed off and I chew the lady out, because I'm tired of receiving two goddamn phone bills. A week later, I get a letter saying they are sending my information to a collection agency.

If I could keep my phone number, I'd be switching back to AT&T. I don't get crap for service in my girlfriends house, and i'm still bitter about the whole two account mishap.

I don't have anything nice to say about Verizon. Their service isn't extrordinary. It's not any better than AT&T. Well, in my area anyway. I'm basically still with them because 1. I'm stuck in a dumb contract, that i went for so I wouldn't get raped when getting a cell phone 2. because I don't want a new number

miketa95
12-22-2008, 01:00 AM
verizon service 10/10

dealing with the people in the verizon store 1/10

I discovered that at verizon you never have to pay full prices for their phones, and you don't have to pay for a warranty as long as you are willing to spend alot of time arguing.

CHRIS67
12-22-2008, 07:06 AM
I had Verizon for my work phone, but the company recently switched to Sprint. I travel all over the country for my job and with Verizon I always had service, but with Sprint it's in consant roam. :-x

BurninrubberGT
12-22-2008, 07:29 AM
had sprint, but it sucked so we switched to verizon....10x better

NJSPEEDER
12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Verizon. Most reliable service out there.

DevilDougWS6
12-22-2008, 02:10 PM
att, never had any major issues. only dead spots are in areas here the government taps out signals. (fort dix) but i would still strangle in atleast one bar sometimes. other than that its been great to me for the past....couple of years.