PDA

View Full Version : Never go to Flemington GM for service

WildBillyT
12-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Try to fool me once, OK, I'll let it slide. Try twice, **** you. I'm getting on the line with everybody I know at GM corporate.

Little history:

2 years ago, I brought my dad's pickup in for a recall. Something to do with excessive corrosion on the front frame rails. I had already POR-15'd them so it was no biggie. They do their "Complemetary inspection" and tell me that the truck needs a new fuel filter, battery, and serpentine belt. Managers face gets red when I tell him that I DID THOSE MYSELF A MONTH BEFORE. I grab my keys, pissed off, and leave.

Fast forward to today.

I drop the GTP off for the valve cover gasket leak recall. Get the car back. Get a free "Complemetary inspection". This time I need a transmission flush. I CHANGED THE FLUID MYSELF TWO WEEKS AGO and that the fluid can't possibly be burned because I have a trans temp gauge staring me in the face everytime I drive. I pull out the dipstick in their parking lot and the fluid is ruby red. Pissed off I leave.

So now I'm reporting this to GM corportate. **** that ****ing ********. I hope they all lose their jobs.

LTb1ow
12-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Cliff notes: They were trying to screw you?

WildBillyT
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Cliff notes: They were trying to screw you?

Yes. Both times.

I don't mind that as much since I know better. But what if I were a little old lady on a fixed income??? THAT is what really pisses me off.

BonzoHansen
12-23-2008, 02:06 PM
They don't know you very well, do they? LOL

LTb1ow
12-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Yea, that is a ******* move.

But to play devils advocate, I bet they are hurting for work in this economy. Not that that justifies it.

BonzoHansen
12-23-2008, 02:10 PM

But to play devils advocate, I bet they are hurting for work in this economy. Not that that justifies it.

Bah, a thief is a thief. No less sympathy because he needs money.

WildBillyT
12-23-2008, 02:12 PM

How about 2 years ago when they were still doing OK?

LTb1ow
12-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Ok ok, they be ********.

WildBillyT
12-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok ok, they be ********.

Granted I understand your point; and it's for that reason I think my complaint will fall on deaf ears. But wow. You wonder "How can GM be in the ****ter?" and then they piss off customers like me, who love their stuff and have been very loyal.

LTb1ow
12-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Beggers can't be choosers.
They fail at that.

CivicEaterLT1
12-23-2008, 02:29 PM
then you say something is missing in your car lol. "my stack of hundreds is missing!"

BonzoHansen
12-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Granted I understand your point; and it's for that reason I think my complaint will fall on deaf ears. But wow. You wonder "How can GM be in the ****ter?" and then they piss off customers like me, who love their stuff and have been very loyal.

And that is a dealer, not GM. Their authorized sellers screw them way more than GM screws itself. I wonder when the last time GM voided a dealer contract over service issues.

Pampered-Z
12-23-2008, 03:35 PM
If you call Gm and compalin it will get someone attention. I called and complained about dealers twice, and both times someone from GM called me back, then the owner of the dealerships, and they weren't happy about the complaints either! I would think during these troubled times GM would certainly like to know why people don't want to deal with GM if this is how people are geting treated.

sweetbmxrider
12-23-2008, 03:44 PM
that is crap. seriously most any dealer will pull bs like this and say oh this this and this need to be done now! my friends mom said she had to get her oil flushed because it was so bad. its a newer durango with under 40k and she was around 3 to 5k over, maybe. i just looked at her and said, oh.

baddest434
12-23-2008, 03:49 PM
i'll add in sansone ford as another place to avoid for service. they put rear brakes on my e-350 work truck in july then when i took it in for an oil change in sept they told me i needed rear brakes. you should have heard the bs excuse they gave me when i went back with my invoice showing they just replaced them!!! like bonzo said a thief is a thief. i hate car dealers and their service dept. rip-offs

deadtrend1
12-23-2008, 04:01 PM
then you say something is missing in your car lol. "my stack of hundreds is missing!"

then who would be the thief?

Tru2Chevy
12-23-2008, 04:01 PM
It's one thing to look over a car and try to upsell services that actually need to be performed, but if they are just picking random services without checking the car then they deserve to get hollered at.

- Justin

sweetbmxrider
12-23-2008, 04:05 PM
i'll add in sansone ford as another place to avoid for service. they put rear brakes on my e-350 work truck in july then when i took it in for an oil change in sept they told me i needed rear brakes. you should have heard the bs excuse they gave me when i went back with my invoice showing they just replaced them!!! like bonzo said a thief is a thief. i hate car dealers and their service dept. rip-offs

thats not like ls1 brakes where the inside hub portion of the rotor acts like a drum and has shoes contained within right? i mean things could happen like a stuck caliper or a bad hose, but bill you are a smart man so i know this story is true. i'm just trying to convince myself that someone wouldn't try to pull such **** :rofl: ****ing asshats!

WildBillyT
12-23-2008, 04:16 PM
It's one thing to look over a car and try to upsell services that actually need to be performed, but if they are just picking random services without checking the car then they deserve to get hollered at.

- Justin

That is the main source of my complaint. If they had looked at the car they could have found plenty of other stuff that is more worn out to try and upsell to me. And I would have been cool with that. Really. But they picked the newest thing on the car other than the gas I put in it yesterday.

//<86TA>\\
12-23-2008, 04:23 PM
i normally use them for my trucks service, its hit or miss, their parts department is hit or miss too, there is one older, kind weird guy who works there who is very helpful, but the rest of them are a-holes.

They tried to scam my too, they said i needed my brake fluid flushed and my front diff oil changed when i had the truck there for a 25k or so mile service, for a total of a little over 300bux. I said i'll pass, if its that critical i can do it myself.

Said i needed new front brake pads, i had just installed new pads and a brake upgrade a month or so before, kinda obvious that the brakes were not stock.

They did a lot of warranty work too, never did a very thorough job. I had it there about 6 times to finally get the heated seats working right, they replaced my gauge cluster because the fuel gauge f-ed up, i picked the car up late at night after work, turned it on and the gauge was still f-ed up. just managed to catch on of the service managers as he was leaving to complain, and he was helpful and set me up with a sweet loner car and was very apologetic.

They left the oil cap off after an oil change once, had my SES light come on, and i had to drive back from doylestown to the dealer just to find the cap was off, and still sitting on the engine cover.

Then there is the intermediate steering shaft, its apparently not their fault, but they have replaced it 4 or 5 times and lubed it a few more times, and it keeps making noise.

baddest434
12-23-2008, 04:27 PM
but bill you are a smart man so i know this story is true. i'm just trying to convince myself that someone wouldn't try to pull such **** :rofl: ****ing asshats!

i caught them more then once trying to rip me off. just the other day the vacuum pump for the brakes went so i take it to them the service mgr calls and tells me the oil should be changed and i straight up told him i'm looking for someone else to service my vechiles because of them trying to beat me and the only reason i'm there now is because i needed the truck fixed NOW. the service manager called me and actually BEGGED for another chance to continue servicing the truck telling me the old service mgr. and the tech that gave me the bs story about the brakes no longer worked there. when they are hungry for work they will just makes shiit up. might fool little old ladies but not me.

Scrat's_Camaro
12-23-2008, 04:45 PM
this is why i do everything myself. I've been trying to convince my dad to let me service their jeep wrangler instead of taking it to the dealership.

BonzoHansen
12-23-2008, 04:57 PM
...the service manager called me and actually BEGGED for another chance to continue servicing the truck telling me the old service mgr. and the tech that gave me the bs story about the brakes no longer worked there. when they are hungry for work they will just makes shiit up. might fool little old ladies but not me.go down in a couple of weeks & spot check them. bet they are still there.

baddest434
12-23-2008, 05:15 PM
go down in a couple of weeks & spot check them. bet they are still there.

your probally right scott! a thiefs a thief and a liars a liar :lol:

miketa95
12-24-2008, 12:46 AM
this story reminds me of when I got my car. Two weeks after i bought it the car kept shutting off on me. I had it at Burns Pontiac Buick GMC for about a month and they kept throwing new parts at it. No one there ever heard of a damn OPTI. Then when my a/c didn't work they wanted to replace the entire system. I had my mechanic recharge it instead and it has worked ever since. They always take the hard way out, I'll never take my car to a dealer to get fixed again.

HardcoreZ28
12-24-2008, 08:53 AM
That's BS. Bill....if I were you I'd see if I had the receipts from doing the battery, tranny, etc myself and hopefully they gave you a written copy of what they recommended you do and show both to someone at the Stealership or another GM Rep. Hard evidence is hard evidence, much better than just taking your word.

FESTER
12-24-2008, 09:05 AM
I will be in the Flemington GM parts department come JAN 1! They are moving me from the Clinton store.

They do need help there thats why i'm going I have 14 years parts exp. call and ask for Rich if you need anything.

WildBillyT
12-24-2008, 09:14 AM
I will be in the Flemington GM parts department come JAN 1! They are moving me from the Clinton store.

They do need help there thats why i'm going I have 14 years parts exp. call and ask for Rich if you need anything.

Rich, I immediatly thought of you and Clinton GM when I left Flemington yesterday. I'd always had good experiences with Clinton but it was too far up the road from me. Yes, they are the same family of dealerships but I was always treated better at Clinton and didn't get dealt this upselling BS.

Mike
12-24-2008, 11:15 AM
last time i took my truck in, the kid came out and gave me a list of **** that he thought should be done.......i told him go ahead and do it all......

dummy should pay more attention to warrenty work :) they got screwed on that one...

CivicEaterLT1
12-24-2008, 11:40 AM
im still serious about that stack of hundreds lol

BigAls87Z28
12-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Sounds like they were trying to sell you pretty easy jobs that equate to high profit.
Belts are high profit, as is the service.
Tranny service is nothing but $$$ and easy
Its quick, easy things that help build profit for a store. When I was in service, they were the things all my techs looked for. At least they looked to see if it needed to be done.

WildBillyT
12-24-2008, 12:36 PM
At least they looked to see if it needed to be done.

Al, therein lies the problem.

If they looked at my brakes, or brake fluid, or fuel filter/belts on the GTP then I would have no issue, since those parts are getting near the end of their service life. Their problem is they were stupid enough to try and get me to go for stuff that had just been replaced and was obviously new.

PolarBear
12-24-2008, 12:51 PM
The dealers dont like to be in bad with GM. Every time I have brought my car in for warranty stuff the dealer calls me and asks that if I am unhappy to contact them and get the issue resolved before I return the survery from GM back to corporate

NJ Torque
12-24-2008, 01:33 PM
IF the fuel filter LOOKS OLD... and you seem like you know your stuff, or if we havent had a history with the car...I'll ask when has it been done last, or at all...

sweetbmxrider
12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
yes we usually check records first, then ask. also document everything in the car's service manual. records are the best way to go.

jims69camaro
12-25-2008, 09:34 AM
I bet they are hurting for work in this economy. Not that that justifies it.

they've been doing it for longer than our economy has been sucking eggs. the last time i took the jeep in for a recall they did the same thing, but i only needed tires (badly) so when i went home i went right to tirerack.com and ordered some tires.

you would think they would at least check the things that they are going to try to sell you on. if no one sniffed the tranny fluid or at least looked at it on the stick, then they are not only thieves, but lazy thieves. they just pull a problem out of the hat and that's what they try to sell you on? come on...