PDA

View Full Version : The Yankees rule the world

cdacda13
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
This is just more proof. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3790141)

I couldn't be happier right now. The team needed a first baseman badly.

mc73nova
12-23-2008, 02:46 PM
WOW that is insane. Too bad for Boston!!

GP99GT
12-23-2008, 03:18 PM
lots of superstars does not a good team make

baddest434
12-23-2008, 03:26 PM
lots of superstars does not a good team make

:scratch: you been drinking matt? :rofl:

all the superstars the yanks signed along with all the stars they had WILL make them a GOOD team. again...finally

BonzoHansen
12-23-2008, 03:28 PM
too many years. they need to move some spare outfielders.

baddest434
12-23-2008, 05:30 PM
423 million dollars spent in the last 2 weeks!!
1.3 billion dollar stadium built
next will be a "yankee bailout"

oh wait thats why it will cost 250 bucks for a ticket

BonzoHansen
12-23-2008, 05:33 PM
423 million dollars spent in the last 2 weeks!!
1.3 billion dollar stadium built
next will be a "yankee bailout"Don't laugh, they are asking the city for more $$.

The last 1st basemen was a 7 year contract, didn't they learn?

NJ346
12-23-2008, 05:40 PM
ahh...now all i hear about on ESPN is BREAKING NEWS blah blah blah Yankees this Yankees that.....they still suck.

baddest434
12-23-2008, 10:11 PM
they still suck.

26 times:wink:

LTb1ow
12-23-2008, 10:13 PM
I rulez the world!

foff667
12-24-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm suprised they haven't signed manny yet.

NJSPEEDER
12-24-2008, 12:12 AM
The funny thing is, with all of the players that had contracts end they are currently about 22mill below their total payroll from last year. They have plenty of money left to spend. lol

JL8Jeff
12-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Yankees will single handedly destroy baseball if MLB doesn't put some form of cap on things. Wow, that is ridiculous. Nobody can put up numbers 8 years in a row and nobody the Yanks buy can put up numbers 3 years in a row. And they still won't win the World Series. :lol:

90FormulaWS6
12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Yankees will single handedly destroy baseball if MLB doesn't put some form of cap on things.

how do you figure... just dropped a ton of big money players and now they are signing other players in place of that money, as previously stated they are still under 200M and they are going to be under their total salary for last year.

That being said, i still dont understand how the yankees will single handedly destroy baseball if theres no cap. Why not the other teams whos pay rolls are at or above 200M (eg Mets, Boston)

Frosty
12-25-2008, 09:34 PM
how do you figure... just dropped a ton of big money players and now they are signing other players in place of that money, as previously stated they are still under 200M and they are going to be under their total salary for last year.

That being said, i still dont understand how the yankees will single handedly destroy baseball if theres no cap. Why not the other teams whos pay rolls are at or above 200M (eg Mets, Boston)

Because the Yankees tend to set the market for free agents. The ridiculous contact CC got sets the market for other free agent pitchers. Some Joe-schmo that was worth 2 million a year is now going to get a lot more because of the market shift. Good for the Yankees for having the $$ to spend...but it will hurt baseball...I guess no one remembers the labor stoppage that happened in the last decade....

With that said....they look good on paper...but so have the loser Mets....just ask the Mets and their scumbag loser fans what having a good team on paper gets you. :) :choking sound:

SteveR
12-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Yankees will single handedly destroy baseball if MLB doesn't put some form of cap on things.

The Yankees have so much money for one reason, the fans. It's not the Yankees fault that nobody goes to Oakland games, or that the Orioles ownership can't figure out how to run a team, or that the owners of the Marlins don't want to invest money in the team and own it just for their own personal amusement. Yankee fans support their team. They go to the games, buy the shirts, buy the videos, etc. They then turn around and invest that money into the team by signing big name players. The Yankees actual do more for other teams in baseball than MLB does in many ways. They refuse to take any money from the MLB team funds, and in turn, put money IN to the fund so that other teams can have more money to spend how they see fit.

And it's not the Yankees fault with the whole salary nonsense with everybody making a zillion dollars, that goes back to the player's strike of '94, where they complained about salaries being too low, free agency, etc. Blame MLB for caving in and letting these crybabies become billionaires.

SteveR
12-26-2008, 01:03 AM
oh wait thats why it will cost 250 bucks for a ticket

That's one thing that really pisses me off. Growing up in NYC, you could always go to a game for a few bucks and have fun. I checked a few days ago about getting season tickets for this coming season in the new stadium, and surprise surprise, ticket prices went up. Again. It really is getting insulting how high ticket prices are getting. Every game has been sold out every season for like the last 6 years. So what do the Yankees do about the increase in ticket demand? Cut like 14,000 seats out of the new stadium. Brilliant. Demand goes up, supply goes down, prices skyrocket. To sit in the nosebleed section of the upper deck is now like $60 a ticket. It used to be $25 in 2004. Want good seats in the new stadium? Like behind home plate somewhere? Well, the Yankees are now doing what football teams are doing with tickets, for all tickets within like a 60 degree angle behind home plate, regardless how high up the seats are, you now have to buy a multi-year ticket license. So if you want one seat, you have to buy like a 5 year license, plus like $400 a ticket. So it comes out to like $180,000 for one seat. It's looking more and more like it's going to be Citi Field for me next year.