PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen bird headlight bezel screws

//<86TA>\\
12-27-2008, 02:18 PM
i need 2 of those little black screws that go into the side of the pop-up headlight to hold the plastic bezel on. I believe they are phillips head and about 3/4" long. There are 4 on each light, 2 on each side.

thanks!
-Phil

NJSPEEDER
12-29-2008, 08:29 PM
You can get them at Lowes or Home Depot. They should be in little plastic bags with all the specialty fasteners :)

V
12-30-2008, 12:16 AM
oem screws should be torx ;-)

i have boxes upon boxes of oem fasteners, but no access to them for at least a year, sorry

PolarBear
12-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Phil Ill go on a junk yard run with you if you want to go. I want to look around anyway

//<86TA>\\
12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
i have hundreds of pounds of regular old screws laying around, but the ones for the headlights have a slightly different thread and i dont want to jam any old POS wood screw in there. And they just might be allen head, so thats another reason to get the right ones. besides i would have to paint them, and when the paint falls off, do it again. Are they torx? i though they were not, i'll have to check.

James, im down for that, whats a good junk yard around here that you can still walk through?

If you want to go at some point while the weather is still good give me a call, i'll pm you my number.

PolarBear
12-30-2008, 05:20 PM
You could easily get away with some nice stainless button head screws. They only go into plastic retainers
There are two or three you pull places just over the bridge in PA that I usually go to

//<86TA>\\
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
i've thought about stainless, i've used it everwhere else, but i wanted to stay with black on the lights. Im up for a pull-a-part romp, im sure there are some other things i need to scab:nod:

//<86TA>\\
12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
i checked, the screws are phillips head, not torx. And they are flat head, black. I may have a pair found already, so well see.

//<86TA>\\
01-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Still need them. Phillips head, not the torx ones. I might grab some stainless ones tommorow and see how they work though.