PDA

View Full Version : THE JETS/FARVE

baddest434
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
suck the big one!!! LOSERS they choked as bad as the mets.

hats off to miami for turning their team around and winning the AFC EAST

man-gina threw that game away imo just to keep belichek out of the playoffs
once he saw baltimore kicking ass!

Just
Eended
The
Season

only the cowboys are a bigger joke then the jets

NJ346
12-28-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm sorry but i think it's
Just
Eended
The Patriot's
Season

Sry, I had to do it. I told you earlier, whenever you root for the jets they always let you down.

mc73nova
12-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I agree, the Jets and Cowboys suck big time. I'm glad the Jets lost, keeping the Pats out of the playoffs

NJSPEEDER
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Good thing they got rid of Pennington in favor of grandpa Farve. Brett lead the Jets to the league lead in interceptions and Pennington lead the Dolphins to the top of the Division.

The Jets and Farve got what they deserved for that ********.

JL8Jeff
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM
They just said that the Patriots are only the 2nd team since the merger to go 11-5 and not make the playoffs! Impressive turnaround by the Dolphins this year, but they also had an easier schedule thanks to last year's performance. Favre and the Jets have no excuse for the finish to their season. They had the division in their hands and couldn't get it done. Only the Cowgirls did worse than the Jets considering they were expected to win the division.

Mike
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Good thing they got rid of Pennington in favor of grandpa Farve. Brett lead the Jets to the league lead in interceptions and Pennington lead the Dolphins to the top of the Division.

The Jets and Farve got what they deserved for that ********.

yet favre got in the probowl over pennington, ********....

GO FINS

NJSPEEDER
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Pro Bowl doesn't mean much to me. It is a lot like the All-Star game in baseball. Just a popularity contest and a game no one cares about.

SuperSweet
12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/x7734raizor/patriots.jpg
:moon: Dont worry they'll be back when Bradys better

Saitin
12-28-2008, 06:49 PM
did the cowboys loose today?

SuperSweet
12-28-2008, 06:51 PM
dude lose isnt even the word...slaughtered might be more suitable

Tru2Chevy
12-28-2008, 07:36 PM
did the cowboys loose today?

If you call this losing:

Eagles: 44
Cowgirls: 6

Then yes, they did. :mrgreen:

On a side note....49ers win to finish the season on a 4-1 run under Singletary, and they are starting contract talks with him :)

- Justin

lastcall190
12-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Last I heard he is BACK as the coach for next year.

The Jets completely collapsed last half of this season. It's embarrassing. Ah well, playoffs should be good regardless.

-J

Ian
12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
there is always next season. now I gotta jump ship and root for Pittsburgh :lol:

JL8Jeff
12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Tampa Bay had a nice collapse as well. Weren't they 9-3 and tied for the division? Pretty amazing to watch some of the teams fall apart. Playoffs should be a good tossup with everybody showing they can be beat lately.

baddest434
12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry but i think it's
Just
Eended
The Patriot's
Season

Sry, I had to do it. I told you earlier, whenever you root for the jets they always let you down.

this was the only day i ever rooted for the jets! i see what you mean:rofl:
btw your jets was funny:moon:

look what the fish did in 1 year! thats an amazing turn around. kudos to them.

the eagles getting in shocked me more then anything. whouda thunk
dallas flat out stunk :rofl:,

san fran is going to be tough next season great turn around under MS.

tampa WAS 9-3 at one time lost their last 4.

chicago would have gotten in if they didn't choke.

they playoffs should be interesting. early SB prediction brother vs brother:lol:

JL8Jeff
12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow, Denver is tanking too!

baddest434
12-28-2008, 09:41 PM
On a side note....49ers win to finish the season on a 4-1 run under Singletary, and they are starting contract talks with him :)

- Justin

Last I heard he is BACK as the coach for next year.

-J

you are both correct http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80db220c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=trueorrect

baddest434
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Wow, Denver is tanking too!

boy big time tanking! image 8-8 wins that division. :shock:

Mike
12-28-2008, 09:47 PM
hmm i can see Miami beating Baltimore.......and if they drew Tennessee they have a shot there too.....maybe a shot at the afc championship game a year after 1-15

eagles may make it through round 1, but thats about it.....

i think atlanta will beat arizona, then thats it...

baddest434
12-28-2008, 09:55 PM
hmm i can see Miami beating Baltimore.......and if they drew Tennessee they have a shot there too.....maybe a shot at the afc championship game a year after 1-15

they did GREAT this year, the best turnaround in football. but your asking alot to get to the AFC chamionship game. not that it's impossible but just a tough road...good luck

Mike
12-28-2008, 10:13 PM
like i said i think they can play with baltimore, and if they draw the over rated titans they have a shot, if they draw the steelers tis over

mc73nova
12-28-2008, 10:35 PM
I agree with baddest434, the manning brothers in a show down looks very possible.

SupermanX24
12-29-2008, 12:05 PM
you are both correct http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80db220c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=trueorrect

awesome. I always had a soft spot for the 9ers

lastcall190
12-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Mangenius fired

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3797442

LS1Hawk
12-29-2008, 01:34 PM

Lol, just heard Brady's not recovering as well as he should be and might need another surgery. If so he could miss next season too, so don't get ahead of yourself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28421167/

LS1Hawk
12-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Mangenius fired

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3797442

Good riddance. I couldn't standing listening to that blundering choad talk after games..."Oh we don't know what happened...we tried this and that...blah blah blah."

jola
12-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Hopefully all the Pennington haters realize how misguided they were now.

LS1Hawk
12-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Hopefully all the Pennington haters realize how misguided they were now.

Yeah, but Pennington didn't have the arm for Giants stadium. Miami is the perfect spot for him. At the time it was a good move for the Jets, but they should have focused on getting a younger QB. Now they are screwed.

enRo
12-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Im gonna take a wild guess and say that mangina is going to Detroit :rofl:

NJ346
12-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Im gonna take a wild guess and say that mangina is going to Detroit :rofl:

I'd be happy with that. The only good thing about detroit is Calvin Johnson and Mangini doesn't have the coaching skills to make that a winning franchise and will be out of a job by next off season again.

foff667
12-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Woot! Go FINS!

baddest434
12-29-2008, 03:28 PM
i'm glad mangina lost his job!! :moon: i swear he threw that game yesterday. i hope he does go to detriot or some other lousy ass team. he sucks

baddest434
12-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Lol, just heard Brady's not recovering as well as he should be and might need another surgery. If so he could miss next season too, so don't get ahead of yourself.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28421167/

if thats the case then the pats will have to make a nice offer to keep cassel or their screwed. might have to call Vinny T back up again:rofl:

LS1Hawk
12-29-2008, 03:33 PM
How about no one hires his fat ass so he can go back to eating cheeseburgers.

lastcall190
12-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Pennington wasn't a fit for the Jets. At the time of his stint there, he would float the ball up a lot and hang his receivers out to dry, at least it looked like that to me. He is playing damn well with the Dolphins. People asked me when the Jets signed Favre, "so as a Jets fan what do you think?"

I think it was ill advised signing a guy who is as good as retired to a single year deal. Now they are stuck holding their dicks again whether he returns or not. Favre at one time was a good QB. That time is not now with the NYJ. I'd rather see Vinny back with the Jets. Seriously.

-J

NJSPEEDER
12-29-2008, 05:22 PM

I think this year above all others proved that the Patriots have a system that works, not just a QB that does. 11-5 is a great record with how balanced the talent in the league is, well at least how balanced it is east of the Mississippi River. lol

NJSPEEDER
12-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Pennington wasn't a fit for the Jets. At the time of his stint there, he would float the ball up a lot and hang his receivers out to dry, at least it looked like that to me. He is playing damn well with the Dolphins. People asked me when the Jets signed Favre, "so as a Jets fan what do you think?"

I think it was ill advised signing a guy who is as good as retired to a single year deal. Now they are stuck holding their dicks again whether he returns or not. Favre at one time was a good QB. That time is not now with the NYJ. I'd rather see Vinny back with the Jets. Seriously.

-J

I can't agree. Look back to the preseason and off season. The Jets spent a bunch of money not just on Farve, but on an updated offensive line. Farve looked super human while that new line was healthy, then they started getting hurt and suddenly he looked a lot like Chad Pennington did last year. Just prives once again that legend or not, no time to make a play is no time to make a play.

The Jets woudl have been just as good with the fresh line and Pennington as they were with Farve, and most likely with fewer interceptions since super Brett has made a career of chucking the ball into coverage.

NJ346
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I can't agree. Look back to the preseason and off season. The Jets spent a bunch of money not just on Farve, but on an updated offensive line. Farve looked super human while that new line was healthy, then they started getting hurt and suddenly he looked a lot like Chad Pennington did last year. Just prives once again that legend or not, no time to make a play is no time to make a play.

The Jets woudl have been just as good with the fresh line and Pennington as they were with Farve, and most likely with fewer interceptions since super Brett has made a career of chucking the ball into coverage.

Very true, but I don't think Thomas Jones would have had the kind of season that he had if Pennington was the QB. With Favre, the defense had to think about the deep ball and play a little soft whereas with Pennington you could play up for the short passes and the running game would have hurt.

Anyway, now that the Jets are out I'm rooting for the Falcons. I just can't root for a team from the same division(Dolphins),

lastcall190
12-29-2008, 09:55 PM

I can see your point. I would agree with the last part the most, especially about the INTs...

-J

LS1Hawk
12-30-2008, 06:03 AM
You also have to remember too that Pennington is constantly getting injured. It's a miracle he hasn't broken a bone this year, but the season isn't over yet. The Jets needed a durable QB and Farve can hang in there.

NJSPEEDER
12-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Pennington in NY, gets hurt behind arguably the worst offensive line in the league. Pennington in Miami behind a good, not great, line and he manages to stay healthy the whole season.

I see it as beginning and ending with the talent supplied on the offensive line making a lot of QB's look good. If you look at the teams that are winning the most games, you see that Brady/Cassel, Ely Manning, and Pennington are not amazing QB's. They are all good QB's, maybe a bit better than average for the NFL, but all fundamentally sound and they have all the time in the world to get rid of the ball.

Farve and the Jets are the perfect example. Offensive line stops being healthy, he stops being productive.