PDA

View Full Version : Paypal help

NJ Torque
12-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Ok... need some advice on some paypal stuffs...

Bought a cam/radio from tech.. guys screwing me around, saying its shipped, blah, blah, blah... finally get a tracking # supposed shipment goes to kentucky..

he says he sent a refund, never did... filed a dispute/complaint.. nothing as of yet from paypal..

what else can i do?

69BirdX
12-31-2008, 01:10 AM
Could just post it up on tech. Seems like they have fun going after these people who do this stuff.

miketa95
12-31-2008, 01:27 AM
I got screwed on lt1ls1.com for a set of headers. Filed a dispute, pay pal said I won but I couldn't get my money back. That was a year ago and now I can't do anything with it now that it's "over." Never buying anything from a forum again unless I'm picking it up in person.

ryanfx
12-31-2008, 01:27 AM
well hopefully you paid with a CC when selecting funding options... I'm assuming you didn't though. If you DID on the other hand call your CC company right away and let them know what is happening.

NJ Torque
12-31-2008, 10:24 AM
well hopefully you paid with a CC when selecting funding options... I'm assuming you didn't though. If you DID on the other hand call your CC company right away and let them know what is happening.

Its was a credit/debit... I'm guessing that works the same?

MonmouthCtyAntz
12-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Wait it out, you'll get your money back paypals good but it could take 2-3 mths unfortunately. Its better then getting screwed and not getting your money back at all. Even on ebay I stay away from private sellers.

NJ Torque
12-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Called the Bank... the credited my $300 back and going to do an investigation... and take the $300 back out of the account?? haha.

//<86TA>\\
12-31-2008, 05:11 PM
usually the only way you will actually get money back from paypal is if the person who screwed you has money in his paypal account.

SteveR
12-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Paypal used to be good about disputes, now they suck. I had the opposite happen to me. I bought something through Paypal and for some reason, Paypal said I filed a dispute and they took back the money that was supposed to go to the person, but it neither went back to me, or back to them. So basically Paypal decided to keep my money. I filed a claim with my bank (visa/debt card) and the bank got me my money back, and this was two months ago and still no answer from Paypal. I guess since Ebay bought out Paypal, Paypal now has Ebay's legendary crappy customer service. Best bet is to pay with a credit card and dispute it through them.

Frosty
01-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Wait it out, you'll get your money back paypals good but it could take 2-3 mths unfortunately. Its better then getting screwed and not getting your money back at all. Even on ebay I stay away from private sellers.

I wouldn't go that far. I was ripped off for $450 a few years ago...the guy closed his paypal account AND whatever account his paypal was routed through. They said I won but couldn't obtain any refund funds from him. So I was out all of that money. People think they're 100% protected when using paypal and that's just not true. There are so many ways around paypal's "protection".

Saitin
01-01-2009, 10:14 AM
paypal is now crap

NJSPEEDER
01-01-2009, 11:05 AM
What is his user handle on tech and where is he from?

There have been a lot of people posting about shady dealings over there lately. Post up in the regional forum for where ever he is from and see if anyone knows him or a better way to get in touch with him.