PDA

View Full Version : psp scan tool?

black95maro
12-31-2008, 04:43 PM
anyone know anything about this? i heard about it but can't seem to find anything online.

black95maro
01-02-2009, 03:47 PM
no one knows?

BigRocsFirebird
01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
like what do you mean? what kind of scan i havent been online with mine in a while but i'll look into it i have a friend who knows everything and anything about psp's and ipods. he makes apps. for the ipod and gave me so many hacks for the psp i'm sure he will know. soon as i find out i'll let you know.

black95maro
01-02-2009, 11:37 PM
awesome thanks man, yea i heard there's a way to use it as a tool to view sensor readings and view/erase codes. i figure you can somehow get a program for the computer onto it using the usb cable then find a cable with a few adapters or something? i don't know all i know is it would be awesome!

BigRocsFirebird
01-02-2009, 11:55 PM
very nice i hope thats out there! i'm trying to get ahold of the kid but hes busy i guess ughh. i will get him soon lol that would be so cool though if that is out there but he will know.

deadtrend1
01-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Or you can go to autozone and they can scan it for free.

It most likely will turn it into a OBDII scanner if its possible. Which wont work on your car unless its 96 and up. The actual cost and work to do it may outweigh the cost of buying a cheapie one at the store...

sweetbmxrider
01-03-2009, 07:44 AM
there are programs available for computers too. if you have a laptop, buy a cable and a program and have some fun!! not sure if any are obd-I compliant though....

deadtrend1
01-03-2009, 08:54 AM
there are programs available for computers too. if you have a laptop, buy a cable and a program and have some fun!! not sure if any are obd-I compliant though....

AutoTap is a good OBDII Laptop scanning software.

JL8Jeff
01-03-2009, 09:10 AM
You can get free software for the Palm and all you need is the unit and the OBDII connector. But most of that stuff offers the ability to scan sensors once a second which is nice, but not nearly accurate enough to know what's really going on. I bought a Diablsport programmer off Ebay that has a VIN locked in it but it can scan and delete trouble codes.