PDA

View Full Version : WTB VSS and Abbot Cable X or equivilant

91chevywt
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
I am looking to buy a vehicle speed sensor for a '93 z28. From what I saw online, they are pretty expensive..about $100. The transmission is a 700r4, and mine got broken when the motor and trans were removed from the vehicle. I am putting everything into a '79 z28, and the nickel and dime stuff is starting to get to me. If anyone has one used, or new, they are willing to part with for a decent price let me know.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has one, but I thought I would ask if anyone has an Abbot Cable X they are willing to part with. New they are about $300, and it would be nice to pick one up for less than that in good working shape.

ZeroCool8891
01-04-2009, 03:08 PM
dam i just got rid of an VSS, an dthe cable X box is what i want too, i got a t56 in my 88 and i want to keep it speedo, but i found someone who does the cabke convers to the t56 tailshaft.

BonzoHansen
01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
dam i just got rid of an VSS, an dthe cable X box is what i want too, i got a t56 in my 88 and i want to keep it speedo, but i found someone who does the cabke convers to the t56 tailshaft.

I just read where JagsThatRun discontinued their tailshaft housing that did that, if that is what you saw. D&D might have something.

ZeroCool8891
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
I just read where JagsThatRun discontinued their tailshaft housing that did that, if that is what you saw. D&D might have something.

i found a guy who machines the the tailshalf for the speedo to work in place of the VSS on a T56 theres no gear so the guy does something in the houseing, o have a link saved somewhere.

91chevywt
01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I had thought about converting it, but for my ECM i would still like to retain a VSS signal, while running my mechanical speedometer. Does anyone know if there is anyone else who makes something similar to the Abbot Cable X?

SRGN
01-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Casper's Electronics makes one similar to the cable x. I have one that I'm not using if you're interested.